Am I a real Christian?

Am I a real Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
So a compassionate atheist is a real Christian?
Yes, he just doesn't know it yet.

A professed atheist saves another atheist, but gives up his life doing so. I guarantee he will be in paradise.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Yes, he just doesn't know it yet.

A professed atheist saves another atheist, but gives up his life doing so. I guarantee he will be in paradise.
But to an atheist that would be stupid.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Some minds are like concrete, all mixed up, hard and dense 😀

As for fits of anger and the use of expletives, well, the works of the flesh are manifest,

Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, [b]outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
...[text shortened]... ng to note that peoples posts are more a reflection of them than the people they seek to vilify.[/b]
Judging by that list, that's you doomed then also.

rc

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Judging by that list, that's you doomed then also.
doomed? LOL, on the contrary I am very mellow

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Sad that you resorts to 4 letter words. I bet you'd use them to Jesus's face if given the chance if he didn't agree with you...
I knew it was a waste of time posting on your thread. One can't change who they are if it's grounded in their hearts to hate.
If it's such a waste of time posting in this thread then why are you here? A couple of months ago you were crying like a baby and leaving the site (again) and reporting me to the admins and having the biggest hissy fit because you were caught lying. I'm afraid your opinion of me carries zero weight after that.

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Some minds are like concrete, all mixed up, hard and dense 😀

As for fits of anger and the use of expletives, well, the works of the flesh are manifest,

Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, [b]outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
...[text shortened]... ng to note that peoples posts are more a reflection of them than the people they seek to vilify.[/b]
Virtually every exchange you have with people on the site is a conflict of some sort. You and Galveston are probably the least respected members here.

P

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
But to an atheist that would be stupid.
Only in your mind, R.J.

You only need to look at the thief on the cross.

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Only in your mind, R.J.

You only need to look at the thief on the cross.
The thief on the cross was saved by his recognition through faith of who Jesus was, not by any act of compassion. Your concept is attractive in essence by unsupportable with scripture.

Moves
18 Jul 14

After Jehovah's Witness hijack of this thread, I'd like to get it back on track if anyone is still interested.

I see deepthought is an agnostic, the only one I know of here. In the light of twhitehead's comments and lemonjellow's follow up, does anyone here think I am an agnostic rather than a Christian?

This is not an invite to attack me by the way - more of an academic discussion on the level of belief in a god, faith, works etc required to class oneself as Christian.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 14
1 edit

The thief on the cross was saved by his recognition through faith of who Jesus was, not by any act of compassion. Your concept is attractive in essence by unsupportable with scripture.
The concept to which Pudgenik refers is 'love and charity'. Christ on many many many occasions called 'love' the key to eternal life. So did Paul, Peter, James, John. How can you therefore claim that it is unsupportable with scripture?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 14

Virtually every exchange you have with people on the site is a conflict of some sort. You and Galveston are probably the least respected members here.
I think your friend Jaywill/sonship is also heading down that route .. 🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 14

If it's such a waste of time posting in this thread then why are you here? A couple of months ago you were crying like a baby and leaving the site (again) and reporting me to the admins and having the biggest hissy fit because you were caught lying. I'm afraid your opinion of me carries zero weight after that.
Maybe I should remind that you have encouraged him to return and welcomed him back when he did. Now while that sounds like a nice thing to do, you should be able to figure out that there are some people who cannot handle the rough waters on this forum. Most people post and when they have had enough they are smart enough to exit without the fanfare or childish fits eg I have not seen FMF or SwissGambit for a while. No doubt they will return when they are ready but they did not make a whole pile of drama before they took a break like a couple 'needy' people have done recently.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
I think your friend Jaywill/sonship is also heading down that route .. 🙂
I think your friend Jaywill/sonship is also heading down that route

Disrespect from the likes of Rajk999 I would consider a badge of honor.

" So they went from the presence of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to be dishonored on behalf of the Name." (Acts 5:41)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
I think your friend Jaywill/sonship is also heading down that route

Disrespect from the likes of Rajk999 I would consider a badge of honor.

[b]" So they went from the presence of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to be dishonored on behalf of the Name." (Acts 5:41)
[/b]
It is no disrespect to restate what you have repeatedly said yourself. Like the JWs you consider yourself part of an organisation of Christians who are exclusively favoured by God, with the only correct doctrine, while others are wrong. I had recognized this flaw many years ago but it is only now that some people are seeing it. The reason why they are quiet about it is that they spent years 'in bed with you' ie supporting your statements and being your 'friend', so it is more than a little embarrassing to them now, hence their silence. But the truth always surfaces and now people like Caljust, Hinds and others are openly challenging you.

Moves
18 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Maybe I should remind that you have encouraged him to return and welcomed him back when he did. Now while that sounds like a nice thing to do, you should be able to figure out that there are some people who cannot handle the rough waters on this forum. Most people post and when they have had enough they are smart enough to exit without the fanfare or childis ...[text shortened]... a whole pile of drama before they took a break like a couple 'needy' people have done recently.
I didn't encourage him to return, but I did extend a welcome. However this brief exchange in this thread is a reminder of how infuriating the pair of them are.