1. Chicago, IL
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 12:42
    Vacation....

* If you have the vacation flag on, you should not be able to make any moves.
    * When you turn your vacation on, your time / time bank does not elapse.
    * When you turn the vacation flag off, you have to wait a minimum of 24 hours before you can turn it back on.

I say this because some people use the vacation flag as timeout protection.

Also, after having taken a true vacation myself, I've come back to find all my games with zero timebank left. If I turned the vacation flag off, I would time out on every single game. big whoopty doo... the vacation flag didn't do anything. These enhancements help both parties. the opponent and the person on vacation.
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '10
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 19:53
    @Russ
    Thanks. That's all I was asking for.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 03:42
    @russ said
    Thank you everyone for posting into this thread. It is really enlightening to get everyone's opinion on this.

I'm not sure I communicated clearly the intention in the message that was broadcast to all subscribers. Which was to show how many of the annually allocated days remain , not individual vacation length.

I want to reassure anyone concerned about showing ac ...[text shortened]... core tournaments requires a separate consultation, and I will seriously consider that in the future.
    I don't have an opinion on the number of vacations days that are left being viable or not, I don't play enough for it to matter but when I read that message I was surprised by the amount of days, 36 is a lot. Even 30 would be more reasonable.
  4. Standard memberelassasino
    king of vectors
    center squares :p
    Moves
    04 May '21 00:50
    Simple solution ... 1 day games 0 timebank ... n skull em
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 May '21 06:21
    @elassasino said
    Simple solution ... 1 day games 0 timebank ... n skull em
    That exactly doesn't work if the person has the vacation flag up.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 May '21 19:24
    @mwmiller said
    I should first say that since I'm not currently a subscriber my opinion probably carries very little weight. But I will still throw in a couple of thoughts. 🙂

1. Calling it "vacation" is misleading. It is really just protection from losing a game because you ran out of time.
    2. While your vacation flag is up, your time clock does not stop. If you deplete all of your ...[text shortened]... d be reasonable to completely freeze the game and stop the clock until the vacation flag is cleared.
    I should first say that since I'm not currently a subscriber my opinion probably carries very little weight. But I will still throw in a couple of thoughts. 🙂
    Really? I thought the white flag meant lifetime membership as a "founder"
    I have posted numerous times that the term "vacation" is misleading.
    Judging by the posts we see in the "help" forum not all seem to understand
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 May '21 15:23
    @venda said

Really? I thought the white flag meant lifetime membership as a "founder"
    It has changed over the years, I think.

At first members that made a financial contribution to help with costs for the site owners were recognized by adding a plain yellow star icon. When subsciptions came along, subscribers had the star with wings. Then the stars started getting a shade of red to represent 'number of moves made' milestones. The plain star icons identified 'original pawn stars'.

I think most of the original pawn stars were also subscrbers as well.

Anyway, the original pawn stars that did not also subscribe were still given some of the benifits that subscribers had, such as being allowed to enter tournaments and to have unlimited games.

We do get the vacation feature. I wasn't aware of that until just now, as I am testing it and have my vacation flag up today. We used to see the banner advertisements as well, but I have not noticed them since the latest update was made, so perhaps that has changed. I'm pretty sure we cannot start a clan or a club.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '21 09:59
    From a player's full profile only (web site, not apps), "Player Stats" now show vacation days remaining in year, where applicable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree