Moderating the culture of abuse

Moderating the culture of abuse

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
06 Jun 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You need to get your own house in order there chief.

Or are derogatory comments from yourself okay? - Happy to provide examples?
So we can't make things better because people like you piss people off without moderating. Got it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 19

@eladar said
So we can't make things better because people like you piss people off without moderating. Got it.
Define 'better'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 19

@eladar said
@Very-Rusty

Yes, but the other was removed a day or two later. Of course I had been complaining about those posts for a while before I decided to do the same.

Timeline.

Offensive shav posts. I report them. I start two threads about it. I decide to post like shave. A day or two later I get my posts removed. I question why my posts are removed but shav's remain. A day or two later 's posts are removed.
I think 'vigilante moderation' like yours is even worse than what you are protesting about.

It's the baby crying because he's not getting his way. Pathetic.

E

Moves
06 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Define 'better'.
When peole stop posting things like...

Try thinking for yourself.

Or

You are just an idiot.

Nothing more is added to the post. The post is only there to allow one person put down the other in some form.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 19
4 edits

@eladar said
@Very-Rusty

Seems to me that stopping people from posting a message just to put someone down is a good start.
However, reporting someone you don't like, then posting in even worse fashion than the supposed offense is also bad forum behavior. Breaking the law to point out someone else breaking the law is still breaking the law. Actions like this are precisely why unsubs cannot alert posts. In short, they are the reason those without subs can't have nice things here. Turning around then and bitching about it shouldn't get your grievance heard, it should get you a ban.

E

Moves
06 Jun 19

@suzianne said
However, reporting someone you don't like, then posting in even worse fashion than the supposed offense is also bad forum behavior. Breaking the law to point out someone else breaking the law is still breaking the law. Actions like this are precisely why unsubs cannot alert posts. In short, you are reason those without subs can't have nice things here. Turning around then and bitching about it shouldn't get your grievance heard, it should get you a ban.
As has been poimted out, I am not allowed to report anu6se to moderators. Only subscribers have that option. Non subscribers just have to take it or ruffle feathers.

Since you are one of the most abusive people on this site I can see why you hate what I am saying.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 19
1 edit

@eladar said
As has been poimted out, I am not allowed to report anu6se to moderators. Only subscribers have that option. Non subscribers just have to take it or ruffle feathers.

Since you are one of the most abusive people on this site I can see why you hate what I am saying.
Your utter irony is not amusing.

You want admins to listen to you?

You can start by getting a sub.

In the meantime, stop abusing the site.

Moves
06 Jun 19

@eladar said

You are genuinely deluded and one of the worst offenders when it comes to derogatory comments, usually right off the bat without any provocation. More often than not your views on a topic are just plain awful and then are surprised when those views are not well received.
It is not okay for you to be on the receiving end of abuse about your family, but neither is it okay for you to be consistently unpleasant, judgmental and crude.

E

Moves
06 Jun 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You are genuinely deluded and one of the worst offenders when it comes to derogatory comments, usually right off the bat without any provocation. More often than not your views on a topic are just plain awful and then are surprised when those views are not well received.
It is not okay for you to be on the receiving end of abuse about your family, but neither is it okay for you to be consistently unpleasant, judgmental and crude.
Yes, I have been known to react poorly to abuse. Guilty as charged.

It is not uncomm9n for abusers to be unable to see their abuse. You and Suzi are long time abusers around here. Not surprised you two want to hang up. Part of the pattern.

Moves
07 Jun 19

@eladar said

It is not uncomm9n for abusers to be unable to see their abuse. You and Suzi are long time abusers around here. Not surprised you two want to hang up. Part of the pattern.
Yes, your reaction to abuse is poor and misguided. (Retaliating in kind to people not involved in the abuse for example). However, your reaction is also poor in regular interactions with people who haven't leveled abuse at you but simply disagreed with you. Even then you resort to unnecessary derogatory comments.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Jun 19

@eladar said

In fact everybody has the option to send feedback.

As has been pointed out numerous times, it is unlikely that you get sympathy for being rude yourself, just because you received rudeness.

Politeness is not a function of subscription, we have subs and non-subs with bad behaviour. But in fact if we look at the commercial side of the issue: About 95% of members never have posted in the forums.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jun 19
1 edit

@eladar said

They are like a dog with a bone, they get a hold of something you may have said and will not let it go. Just ignore the them, it gets easy quickly!!! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Your utter irony is not amusing.

You want admins to listen to you?

You can start by getting a sub.

In the meantime, stop abusing the site.
Are you saying because he is a non-sub the admins don't listen to him?.....Interesting deduction on your part Suzie Q!!! 😉 😛

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Jun 19

@very-rusty said
Are you saying because he is a non-sub the admins don't listen to him?.....Interesting deduction on your part Suzie Q!!! 😉 😛

-VR
That was Eladar's conclusion not Suziannes.

E

Moves
07 Jun 19
3 edits

@ponderable said
In fact everybody has the option to send feedback.

As has been pointed out numerous times, it is unlikely that you get sympathy for being rude yourself, just because you received rudeness.

Politeness is not a function of subscription, we have subs and non-subs with bad behaviour. But in fact if we look at the commercial side of the issue: About 95% of members never have posted in the forums.
Feedback goes to admin not moderators. If you go back and read what the moderator posted you will see it is true.

Unless you have info that I do not have, you have no clue why admin does not respond.

Do you have inside info as to why shav's disgusting comments were only deleted after I waited a week or two, started up two threads then finally started to repeat what he said?

The only thing that worked was to repeat his words at other people. Those same words aimed at me got no response when reported.