Moderating the culture of abuse

Moderating the culture of abuse

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 May 19

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Ok if you want to continue baiting, continue doing so.

You post just to post hoping for fights. I am done with you for now. Post again, you are free to get the last word.
Obliged.

Moves
28 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Obliged.
Not to provoke anyone, but I would also like to get in a word before Rusty does.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 May 19
1 edit

@caesar-salad said
Not to provoke anyone, but I would also like to get in a word before Rusty does.
Go right ahead, I can read sarcasm. I am getting to like eladar. 😉

He loves going his own way!!!

-VR

Moves
28 May 19

@very-rusty said
Go right ahead, I can read sarcasm. I am getting to like eladar. 😉

He loves going his own way!!!

-VR
Oh, so blame a guy for putting his antimacassar on backwards.

These vile accusations must stop!

😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 May 19

@caesar-salad said
Oh, so blame a guy for putting his antimacassar on backwards.

These vile accusations must stop!

😉
LOL....@ CS....You're not losing it are you? 😉

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 May 19
1 edit

@eladar said
Yea, tgat is what moderators are for. I am suggesting that moderators actually act upon requests, making contact with an explanation why a request is not acted upon at the very least.

Instead, request for moderating are completely ignored. That is not moderating at all.
Yes, it is. It's just that the answer is "no", and they do not feel obligated to inform you of that fact.

As a matter of fact, their response to your "request" is not any of your business at all, seeing as it is between them and the people accused. Few sites will inform you of action they have taken. This is the norm across the internet. It seems you are crying here for special attention.

E

Moves
29 May 19

@suzianne said
Yes, it is. It's just that the answer is "no", and they do not feel obligated to inform you of that fact.

As a matter of fact, their response to your "request" is not any of your business at all, seeing as it is between them and the people accused. Few sites will inform you of action they have taken. This is the norm across the internet. It seems you are crying here for special attention.
It is clear they do not moderate until a big enough stink has been raised or if a buddy of the moderator complains.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 May 19

@eladar said
It is clear they do not moderate until a big enough stink has been raised or if a buddy of the moderator complains.
Are you able to flag posts as you are not a Paying Subscriber? I don't believe you can. I know you could send feedback, but that can take for ages. That is one of the drawbacks of not being a Paying Subscriber. You can always ask someone else to flag a post for you if you think it should be flagged.

-VR

Moves
29 May 19

@very-rusty said
Are you able to flag posts as you are not a Paying Subscriber? I don't believe you can. I know you could send feedback, but that can take for ages. That is one of the drawbacks of not being a Paying Subscriber. You can always ask someone else to flag a post for you if you think it should be flagged.

-VR
On a side-note, if @eladar is not a paying subscriber but is using an ad-blocker and therefore depriving Russ and other stakeholders of ad revenue, that would lower my esteem for him considerably.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 19

@eladar said
What's clear here is that they aren't likely to cave to your demands.

Where I come from, we call what you're doing here pounding sand.

Lots of effort for little effect. This is what crying for attention gets you.

E

Moves
30 May 19

@very-rusty said

-VR
I can through site feedback.

E

Moves
30 May 19

@suzianne said
What's clear here is that they aren't likely to cave to your demands.

Where I come from, we call what you're doing here pounding sand.

Lots of effort for little effect. This is what crying for attention gets you.
Enforcing forum guidelines means caving to demands.

You have no sense of right and wrong beyond your ideological beliefs.

Moves
30 May 19

@eladar said
Enforcing forum guidelines means caving to demands.

You have no sense of right and wrong beyond your ideological beliefs.
Bloody hell, are you still here grinding your axe?

E

Moves
30 May 19

@divegeester

Always, what is right is right. Either moderate or don't. This enforcing tos agsinst some but not othets is wrong.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
30 May 19

@eladar said
@divegeester

Always, what is right is right. Either moderate or don't. This enforcing tos agsinst some but not othets is wrong.
Where did you get the idea that this is going on?

Did you have a post removed where someone else didn't?

-VR