1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 14:47
    Outside the chess forums this site is largely dominated by a group of people who believe in a culture of abuse. Instead of attempting to discuss a topic or offer an opinion on the topuc tgey feel it is their right to offer their opinion of the individual.

Evidently they do this because they would like to drive out people or simply because they get their jollies being a bully.

In any case this is a TOS violation but even when I report it nothing is done.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '19 15:02
    @eladar said
    Outside the chess forums this site is largely dominated by a group of people who believe in a culture of abuse. Instead of attempting to discuss a topic or offer an opinion on the topuc tgey feel it is their right to offer their opinion of the individual.

Evidently they do this because they would like to drive out people or simply because they get their jollies being a bully.

In any case this is a TOS violation but even when I report it nothing is done.
    The last couple of days you have thrown some vile comments at a few forum regulars. I am therefore mystified where you get off pointing the finger at others. Are you really that blind to your own abusive behaviour? Haven't the mods removed a number of your own recent posts for the very violation of TOS you speak of? (Simultaneously demonstrating that there is forum moderation).
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 15:063 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The last couple of days you have thrown some vile comments at a few forum regulars. I am therefore mystified where you get off pointing the finger at others. Are you really that blind to your own abusive behaviour? Haven't the mods removed a number of your own recent posts for the very violation of TOS you speak of? (Simultaneously demonstrating that there is forum moderation).
    Yes I have because there is no moderation on this site. I took as much as I could of you and your abusive cohorts.

Now I am asking if things can change for the better and TOS actually be enforced.

You and yours are worthless trash and this site suffers because you have been allowed to attack people without being moderated.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '19 16:36
    @eladar said
    Yes I have because there is no moderation on this site. I took as much as I could of you and your abusive cohorts.

Now I am asking if things can change for the better and TOS actually be enforced.

You and yours are worthless trash and this site suffers because you have been allowed to attack people without being moderated.
    TOS were enforced. Your vile comments were promptly removed.

And calling people trash is not very nice. You might want to stop doing that.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 16:381 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Hypocrites who moderate certain posts but not others is what this thread is about.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 16:454 edits
    @eladar said 
    @mchill 

My wife is as anti abortion as they come.

Yeah. Obviously. Otherwise she wouldn’t be able to get her skanky arse married. 

Only a failed abortion...

This post was reported and has never been moderated. As were these

Yup. Anything that sucks your cock deserves nothing better. 
    You right-wing pond scum.

Are you allowed to call somebody shackled to the trailer toilet a wife?

All of these were reported and no moderation at all.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 17:02
    All of this just goes to show the quality of individuals who run this site and many who post here.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '19 18:40
    @eladar said
    @eladar said 
    @mchill 

Are you allowed to call ...[text shortened]... shackled to the trailer toilet a wife?

Yes, that reads horribly. Why though go to a completely separate forum to unleash retaliatory abuse on people who had nothing to do with it? (Or were even aware of it).
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 18:42
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I just did an experiment. It came out as I ecpected.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '19 18:50
    @eladar said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I just did an experiment. It came out as I ecpected.
    Ah gotcha. Calling an unrelated female poster a 'bitch' and a 'whore' was just an experiment.

Why didn't you say so?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 19:03
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yep, I had to pick one and she jumped on me so she got it. When she jumps in just to comment about me, it is a tos violatiin in itself.

The moderating at this site is run people who pick and choose who gets moderated. It is not the action, it is only who is doing it.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 May '19 23:421 edit
    @eladar said
    @mchill 

Are you allowed to call somebody shackled to the trailer toilet a wife?

I am genuinely appalled that someone posted such things. There are some undocumented red lines which most posters (unfortunately not all) do not cross. Some of them are:

a) no disparaging people who are no longer here to defend themselves (e.g., posters who have left the site);
    b) no disparaging family members (who do not themselves have accounts here and also cannot defend themselves);
    c) no disparaging people on account of a handicap, serious medical condition, or substance abuse issues, or who have a history of such;
    d) no disparaging people who serve time or have been released having served their time.

The list is not complete.

Someone clearly violated at least one of those unwritten (now written) codes in your case. It is regrettable that little or no remedial action was taken by site admin. Your anger is understandable.

None of which excuses the abuse you have heaped on others.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '19 23:46
    @moonbus

All TOS violators need moderating. Any time someone posts to make a comment about another individual and not the topic of discussion is a tos violation. The abusers need to stopped.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '19 00:03
    @eladar said
    @moonbus

All TOS violators need moderating. Any time someone posts to make a comment about another individual and not the topic of discussion is a tos violation. The abusers need to stopped.
    Your claim is factually incorrect. There is no clause in the TOS requiring posters to reply to content only, or to refrain from making comments about another poster. Making abusive or obscene comments about another poster is prohibited, however RHP is not obligated to delete such comments. RHP provides only a framework; content is very largely self-policed and self-regulated.

I quote from the TOS:

6. MEMBER CONDUCT

You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content" ), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not Red Hot Pawn, are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Red Hot Pawn does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Red Hot Pawn be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
    You agree to not use the Service to:

Post, email or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

….

"Stalk" or otherwise harass another;
    or Collect or store personal data about other users.

You acknowledge that Red Hot Pawn may not pre-screen Content, but that Red Hot Pawn shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service.

end quote (my emphasis)

In short, the abusers should stop themselves. Start with yourself.

"Become the change you want to see." --Gandhi
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '19 00:142 edits
    @moonbus

From the site description of forum requirements

Discussions in forums can often get heated, but while you may take issue with another poster's viewpoint, you must not resort to personal attacks or abuse.

You are not to attack the poster. Here is another..

Do not harass other members of the community. Harassment is any unwanted conduct

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree