Moderating the culture of abuse

Moderating the culture of abuse

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 May 19

@eladar said
Nice attempt to play moderator and jury. Just another part of the dysfunctional nature of this forum.
Have you contacted https://www.bullying.co.uk/ ?

E

Moves
26 May 19
1 edit

@caesar-salad

You are a moderator? I no longer wish to continue in this line of interrogation. I will consider further replies harrassment.

Moves
26 May 19

@eladar said
@caesar-salad

You are a moderator? I no longer wish to continue in this line of interrogation. I will consider further replies harrassment.
No, I am not, and that's fine. BTW, "harassment" only has one "r".

But I have had trouble remembering that for decades, especially because of "embarrassment", which has two of them.

[On a side note, in some cases I think it's more practical to put the punctuation outside of the quotation marks, inasmuch as we are not dealing with little bits of lead type on the internet.]

E

Moves
26 May 19

@caesar-salad

You have been reported for a tos violation. We will see if they actually take action.

Moves
26 May 19

@eladar said
@caesar-salad

You have been reported for a tos violation. We will see if they actually take action.
Thank you, @eladar. I'm cool with that.

E

Moves
26 May 19

@caesar-salad

Yeah, they rarely moderate anyhow which is why we have a core group of screwed up abusive personalities at this site that eventually drive others away.

Moves
26 May 19

@eladar said
@caesar-salad

Yeah, they rarely moderate anyhow which is why we have a core group of screwed up abusive personalities at this site that eventually drive others away.
Don't you try to form a rapport with me after threatening to report me.

Please do follow through with that report. Thanks.

E

Moves
26 May 19

@caesar-salad
I did report you, no threat.

Moves
26 May 19

@eladar said
@caesar-salad
I did report you, no threat.
Good, and I would agree, no threat.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 May 19
1 edit

@caesar-salad said
Good, and I would agree, no threat.
A good back and forth there by both of you....LOL...

I thought this was the purpose of the Site Idea: "Moderating the culture of abuse"

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 19

This whole issue has really been an exposé on how we should handle perceived abuse. Clearly alerting a post is the way to go, and to temper one's frustration if moderation isn't as swift and forthcoming as we would like. What is not okay is to go to an unrelated forum to seek retribution. That would be akin to being offended by my next door neighbour and then storming down the pub to shout abuse at the barmaid.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This whole issue has really been an exposé on how we should handle perceived abuse. Clearly alerting a post is the way to go, and to temper one's frustration if moderation isn't as swift and forthcoming as we would like. What is not okay is to go to an unrelated forum to seek retribution. That would be akin to being offended by my next door neighbour and then storming down the pub to shout abuse at the barmaid.
LOL....Well that is one way of putting it!!!

-VR

E

Moves
27 May 19
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Clearly that was not the issue since initially I did. I did three times, started a thread about it twice and only after the second thread, this one did something actually happen.

Moves
27 May 19

@eladar said
I am generally a good guy and do not post just to put people down so I do not understand those who do. There is no reasoning with that kind of person.
Hah!

And: Evidently!

E

Moves
27 May 19

@caesar-salad

It is absolutely true. Abuse me or make false accusations then I will not pull punches. This site really needs moderation so people do not have to put up with crap like that.