1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 18:07
    @bigdogg said
    Always give your sock puppets different personalities.
    Good advice from great experience.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 18:23
    @fmf said
    Kevin Eleven stalks me from forum to forum and from thread to thread, week in week out, month after month. Comments about my wife, my children, mental health, starts threads about me etc. And yet I haven't interacted with him since March. What is the term for what he does?
    At the risk of sounding like an armchair psychologist, I’d guess OCD.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:10
    @moonbus said
    I would have said online disinhibition syndrome.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:23
    @fmf said
    Kevin Eleven stalks me from forum to forum and from thread to thread, week in week out, month after month. Comments about my wife, my children, mental health, starts threads about me etc. And yet I haven't interacted with him since March. What is the term for what he does?
    Why did you not mention my comments about your real-estate investments and trampoline skills? Very suspicious.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:273 edits
    @divegeester said
    His nose > my gusset
    Says the desperate man who thrusts his gusset into the face of everyone he meets.

(But if you meant that my nose was greater than your gusset, then you have my pity. I'm not really into bio-horror. On the bright side, medicine does keep advancing -- and in this particular area, it does so thanks largely to the trans community.)
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:291 edit
    @fmf said
    I would have said online disinhibition syndrome.
    Nah, it's just raspberry porter from Poland (Komes brand).
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:362 edits
    @bigdogg said
    Always give your sock puppets different personalities.
    I suspect yours (if you had one) would not be so unsubtle as @FluffyKitty.

Unfortunately, in 2023 we will probably have chatPerp apps that can write consistently in different styles as if from different personalities, which might facilitate or even improve sock-puppetry in some cases.

This will provoke a backlash from the hand-crafted sock-puppetry and wind-up artist communities.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:431 edit
    @fmf said
    Wax Tailor -- Don't You Remember

YouTube
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 00:49
    😴
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 01:042 edits
    @divegeester said
    😴
    OK, nighty-nite, sleepy-pie. Wishing you cool dreams and a pleasant tomorrow.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Dec '22 01:26
    @moonbus said
    That really only kicks in when it comes to checking the stove knobs and making sure the front door is locked.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Dec '22 07:09
    @kevin-eleven said

Unfortunately, in 2023 we will probably have chatPerp apps that can write consistently in different styles as if from different personalities, which might facilitate or even improve sock-puppetry in some cases.

This will provoke a backlash from the hand-crafted sock-puppetry and wind-up artist communities.
    But will they pass the Turing test?
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Jan '23 04:16
    @moonbus said
    But will they pass the Turing test?
    Probably just as well as the natty-bratties.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree