Clubs consultation thread

Clubs consultation thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
17 Mar 08

Originally posted by luctruc
See last part of long post on page 2 for objections

Thread 89024

For other projects Russ could be spending time on, see the forum threads that keep rising from the dead (games explorer, conditional moves, etc)

Going by the GK experience, nothing much is generated in the way of interest.
Well, looking at clubs now, I think Russ spent exactly 8 hours (or 0.5 HouRuss, in RHPSpeak) on it.

I don't think it has detracted any attention away from critical projects or work... It seems he just did it to try and weather the storm created by the cludi/game mods BS and to get a discussion going.
Sure, you are also just discussing it, but I think we need to see where this can lead before just shooting it down before it's had a chance to smell the coffee (black, one sugar).

This site is not GK and it will always be a much more social site. I never spent much time there, because I don't really care about chess too much and overall this site is much more 'community centered' than any games site I've ever joined.

I still stand by my points though. Clubs may/may bot work in the long run, but I will support any feature that will help create or strengthen that 'community' feel here.
It may even generate more subscriptions.
Who knows?

I'm 100% behind the clubs idea and would like to see it develop.
Like Phlabby said earlier - there were many people who felt Clans might detract from this site's purpose as a Chess Site, but it has been a roaring success.
This is even more reason you should never try to compare what we have here to that cheat-ridden, t33n ch@, heap of internet feces that is GameKnot...

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by kenan
How is that related to clubs exactly, sir? I don't understand.

We are talking about clubs which is a totally different feature than clans. Please go back and read the original post that Russ posted, sir.

If you have a good idea like this one, you are free to post in in the Site Ideas forum. I like your idea about the seperate clan forums sir. However, ...[text shortened]... ence and see if this will have any merit to RHP and suggest ideas to improve what it is now?
Go back and read the post again. This time read the message I quoted!

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Russ, why did you have to create such a seperate thing as Clubs?

Why didn't you focus on improving the core feature of this site: Clans..

k

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Arrakis

It's not like Russ is spending his 200% of his energy on clubs and absolutely stopped improving every other aspect of the website.

As he said this is "just an idea that can possibly go to trash bin."

It can evolve or not. It all depends on us.

He did not say nothing about he is not going to improve clan features sir. 😉

About Amsterdamn, he has an anger management problem or something, always negative.

Go back and read the post again. This time I quoted myself:

How is that related to clubs exactly, sir? I don't understand.

We are talking about clubs which is a totally different feature than clans. Please go back and read the original post that Russ posted, sir.

If you have a good idea like this one, you are free to post in in the Site Ideas forum. I like your idea about the seperate clan forums sir. However, it is not really related to this thread sir.

Anyway, I believe that this is a good feature and I disagree with people opposing the idea. I am glad so many people like this new feature too.

There's nothing to exaggarate though. If this club idea works, it works. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Why not have patience and see if this will have any merit to RHP and suggest ideas to improve what it is now?

A

Amsterdam

Moves
18 Mar 08

About Amsterdamn, he has an anger management problem or something, always negative.
Luv u 2! 🙂

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Arrakis

How does complaining constantly about clubs improve clans? What are the things that need to change about clans? Is Russ missing clan games with all his 8 hours of work on Clubs?

Tell me, NOW.

P-

A

Amsterdam

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
How does complaining constantly about clubs improve clans? What are the things that need to change about clans? Is Russ missing clan games with all his 8 hours of work on Clubs?

Tell me, NOW.

P-
You can find enough of that in the Site Ideas Forum..

I always assumed that the Site Ideas Forum is a place where users of the site can post ideas that they would like to see implemented..

Many additions / improvements / etc. that have been proposed there have not been implemented (yet).. but then there's suddenly something implemented with the label 'Clubs'.. before this feature was added, I've not seen anybody with a request for such a feature..

I'd like to see that first things are implemented that is asked for, then in a later stage things that might add more fun too..

Of course there is a priority spot reserved for critical maintenance..

EDIT: and yes, many Site Ideas were related to Clans 🙂 And some features that were mentioned to be implemented in the Clubs area, I'd have preferred to see those in the Clans section 🙂

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

You can find enough of that in the [b]Site Ideas Forum..

I always assumed that the Site Ideas Forum is a place where users of the site can post ideas that they would like to see implemented..

Many additions / improvements / etc. that have been proposed there have not been implemented (yet).. but then there's suddenly something implemented with t ...[text shortened]... be implemented in the Clubs area, I'd have preferred to see those in the Clans section 🙂[/b]
This was a perfect time for you to make a list of those features, rather than assure me there are things that have been skipped. I don't know if these are good ideas, bad ideas, or near impossible features to code, or unpopular ideas.

BTW, Russ has had this idea of clubs for about a year and a half. It just wasn't my place to mention them since I found out about them either through feedback or posting in the Game Mod forum.

P-

A

Amsterdam

Moves
18 Mar 08

This was a perfect time for you to make a list of those features, rather than assure me there are things that have been skipped.
Ok ok..

Thread 64060: consists of 18 links to threads with various ideas to improve clans..

Thread 82439: regarding setup of clan challenges (18 rec's)

Thread 83223: regarding Clan Leaders & Challenge Availability

Then there is a lot being said about conditional moves:
Thread 70509

And the vacation system.. sorry for not adding all the links now.. 🙂

Got to make a few moves now, between work and posting in the forum, these chess games seem to pop up 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Ok ok..

Thread 64060: consists of [b]18
links to threads with various ideas to improve clans..

[threadid]70509[/threadid ...[text shortened]... ake a few moves now, between work and posting in the forum, these chess games seem to pop up 😛[/b]
That Russ! He's done it again!

I've been waiting on conditionals...

P-

A

Amsterdam

Moves
18 Mar 08

That Russ! He's done it again!

I've been waiting on conditionals...

P-
?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

?
Russ is a notorious slacker.

P-

N

The sky

Moves
18 Mar 08

Ok ok..

Thread 64060: consists of [b]18
links to threads with various ideas to improve clans..

[threadid]70509[/threadid ...[text shortened]... ake a few moves now, between work and posting in the forum, these chess games seem to pop up 😛[/b]
GAMESEXPLORER GAMESEXPLORER GAMESEXPLORER!!!

Moves
20 Mar 08

Does anyone else think there should be a limit on;

- the amount of people in a particular club?
- the number of clubs someone can join?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
20 Mar 08

Originally posted by TheGambit

No, there are 19,000+ people who are currently moving in their games here....plenty to go around.

Yes, but that's just my opinion.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
21 Mar 08

Originally posted by TheGambit

Yes and yes.

However the multi option means that people are now in 10 or more clubs.

This I feel will be the downfall and I see clubs being sent to the recycle bin.