Clubs consultation thread

Clubs consultation thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
08 Mar 08

What if you start with >50 players, so your rating system will start up..
But what if some leave or are being kicked, and you fall under the 50 player limit.. what happens then?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Mar 08

No further games are logged as club games.

-Russ

R
The Rams

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Why be a subscriber then?

The only real difference that remains is the amount of games that you can play..
the point of subscribing is to support the site. The features are RHP's thank-you note.

M
A Chess Friend :-)

Texas :-)

Moves
08 Mar 08

Originally posted by Russ
Adding provisional club ratings is a lot of work

-Russ
Hey Russ! :-)

Well, I hope you will be able to do something that

1) won't be a lot of work for you
2) won't, after it gets going, cause you any problems, and
3) will attract more business for you

I'll try it. :-)

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

Games are now being assigned to clubs, and will be rated once ratings are introduced. (Games are now listed within the club pages.)

So they all count from now on.

-Russ

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
Games are now being assigned to clubs, and will be rated once ratings are introduced. (Games are now listed within the club pages.)

So they all count from now on.

-Russ
Never mind.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Mar 08

There is a short delay between a game starting and appearing against any clubs.

< than 5 mins.

-Russ

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
08 Mar 08
1 edit

Russ I need a message all member button!

I dont feel like PMing 83 members to tell them that

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
08 Mar 08

I just finished a club game and the stats didnt register🙁

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Mar 08

They are not rated yet, but the game you have finished will be later.

-Russ

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
09 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by adramforall
How is it spam when the clubs are actively recruiting new members.

Are you saying only clan threads in the clan forum?

If so many of the recently posted rubbish would be more appropriate to the general forum.

No-one, (except you, then again I got it right first time) is bothered about the actively seeking Club members threads.
I am suggesting this because it appears some members have been issued warnings for trying to recruit for their clubs. That was the reason given by a forum moderator. They called it spam.

So to stop that from happening, and to help comply with their request I made a suggestion to have a designated area for clubs.

If a forum moderator had a problem with it than apparently I am not the only one that has a problem with it, and I wouldn't have even mentioned it in the first place. I just don't want anyone including you receiving a forum ban for recruiting. I was trying to do what I could to comply with their requests in a reasonable manner. Any more questions?

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
09 Mar 08

Yeah...I do believe there should be a club only forum.

But also a link to the clubs at the top of the page...I have to find the post and then hope the link is there for me to found out what club i even signed up for.

Or maybe a person's clubs should automatically be put in their profile.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before

Dave

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by nmdavidb
Yeah...I do believe there should be a club only forum.

But also a link to the clubs at the top of the page...I have to find the post and then hope the link is there for me to found out what club i even signed up for.
Dave at the top of your page, next to the Playblitz button there is a quick launch button for the new clubs. That will help you find all your clubs.

I hope that is what you mean.

EP6
Soul Taker

Tionesta

Moves
10 Mar 08

What is the procedure to get a game. Is there some prescribed challange system or will we be automatically asigned games within our team? Will the challanged player be allowed to decline to play? I have a very strong feeling against the rating system for players of lower ratings to benefit unfairly from a draw or a win. I have lost games to sandbaggers and the rating penalty is outragous. At one point I considered quitting this site and another site I play at. It simply isn't right. This site is good compared to some of the others on this point, but then this site expells cheaters at a much higher rate, which I strongly do approve. My one ambition in life is to reach a 2000 rating. I'll probably never make it, but I would like the opportunity to be there. Not subject to a rating system that punishes a player for playing a challanger of a lower rating. And that is what it is. A punishment. Well, all I can say is: "Russ, I think you are doing your very best to make this a good site, and regardless of how things turn out, thanks for your time and effort".

l

Moves
10 Mar 08

Eureka! The new club system is not intended to help catch cheats. The new club system is designed to let the site admins avoid banning cheats.

Whew. Took me a while. The clubs will serve as dumping grounds for cheats with a fan base.