Clubs consultation thread

Clubs consultation thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Russ
Club members are more likely to play each other (speculation, I admit). Obviously, the rating system only really works with a large number of people, but we shall see what develops if club membership grows.

-Russ
What will the added value be?
I mean, if it's just to get another rating..

And when you say that the rating system only really works with a large number of people, it's basically, when you have enough people in your club, your club rating should match your 'normal' rating?

What will happen to the average rating of the club?
I mean, if you all start at 1200.. and player a wins from b.. a get x-amount, b loses that x-amount of rating points.. average unaffected.. or do I overlook something here?

L
Stick your hands up

Your bum

Moves
06 Mar 08
2 edits

Ah, do you have 50 members Huck?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Lukerik
Ah, do you have 50 members Huck?
No, 32.

But i hope to have 50 before the game finishes. It should appear as soon as i do if it is to count.

L
Stick your hands up

Your bum

Moves
07 Mar 08

Let us know will you? Would be interested.

I
King of slow

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

I think the answer is 'No', but is there going to be any limit on how many clubs you join?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
07 Mar 08

Question...IVV's club has got 58 members, but the page still says the ratings are switched off....as we're nearly at 50, is this going to change ?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
07 Mar 08
1 edit

Russ,

It seems the forums are being filled with excessive spam with everyone trying to recruit at the same time for this new contraption. It's no ones fault really and hard to blame anyone, it is just that there doesn't seem to be a place to do it.

Why isn't there a 'Club forum' like the 'clan forum' for recruiting to keep it out of all the threads in every forum on this site?

Either that have some recruitment page on the Club directory itself. It's getting pretty messy out there.

Edit: Club 23

Kk

Moves
07 Mar 08

I think there needs to be a PM sent to all members infroming them about the new club system. Some players would not have noticed the new icon. This would help clubs get their 50 members and would reduce the amount of 'club advertusing' in the forums

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
What will the added value be?
I mean, if it's just to get another rating..

And when you say that the rating system only really works with a large number of people, it's basically, when you have enough people in your club, your club rating should match your 'normal' rating?

What will happen to the average rating of the club?
I mean, if you all star ...[text shortened]... loses that x-amount of rating points.. average unaffected.. or do I overlook something here?
When X from Club A meets Y from Club B, in a game the result of that match will impact on the club rating.

I don't think it is matches between club mates!

🙂

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by Kiwi kid
I think there needs to be a PM sent to all members infroming them about the new club system. Some players would not have noticed the new icon. This would help clubs get their 50 members and would reduce the amount of 'club advertusing' in the forums
At the moment, it is a bit of a non-feature, because it is non-functional, and we need to thrash out the details here before that changes.

Once it IS up an running, I may well do this, but I suspect club membership in player profiles will help increase membership without needing to do this anyway.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Question...IVV's club has got 58 members, but the page still says the ratings are switched off....as we're nearly at 50, is this going to change ?
^ See my post above. ^

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Mar 08

^ See my post above. ^
Is it possible to reduce membership criteria to say 30?

That would help out some of the smaller clubs 🙂

A

Amsterdam

Moves
07 Mar 08

At the moment, it is a bit of a non-feature, because it is non-functional, and we need to thrash out the details here before that changes.

Once it IS up an running, I may well do this, but I suspect club membership in player profiles will help increase membership without needing to do this anyway.

-Russ
But Russ, what will the added value be?
I mean, if it's just to get another rating in your player profile..

Or why not add more features to the Clan System, rather than having a second system next to it..?

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
07 Mar 08

Do clubs have their own private forums?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Mar 08

Originally posted by c99ux
Do clubs have their own private forums?