1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '22 22:04
    @Metal-Brain
    Good enough for ground rods but my work at NASA, Goddard, shows even with the conductive salt poured into the hollow rods, it wasn't that great, seeing 4 and 5 volt digital pulses directly read off half inch thick ground plates around the walls of the lab showed that pretty clearly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil_resistivity#:~:text=Usual%20values%3A%20from%2010%20up%20to%201000%20(%CE%A9%2Dm)

The resistance they measure is 10 to 1000 ohms/meter. That is NOT a great conductor and any technology using Earth ground to propagate electrical power would have to take that into careful consideration.
    For one thing, suppose you put two ground rods one meter apart and measure say 100 ohms you will be heating up the ground if you try to conduct much energy through that medium.

If it is 100 ohms at one meter apart it would be 1000 ohms at ten meters apart, not a great way to transmit power. And that is only a few meters, a kilometer would clock in at that rate to 100,000 ohms.
    But OF COURSE you know much better than any scientist.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 04:09
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Good enough for ground rods but my work at NASA, Goddard, shows even with the conductive salt poured into the hollow rods, it wasn't that great, seeing 4 and 5 volt digital pulses directly read off half inch thick ground plates around the walls of the lab showed that pretty clearly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil_resistivity#:~:text=Usual%20values%3A%20f ...[text shortened]... would clock in at that rate to 100,000 ohms.
    But OF COURSE you know much better than any scientist.
    Nikola Tesla was a scientist.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 15:13
    @Metal-Brain
    We both agree Tesla was a genius first class but that does not mean he was always right.
    Big Al got some things wrong with relativity too but that did not distract from his changing science forever.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 03:27
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    We both agree Tesla was a genius first class but that does not mean he was always right.
    Big Al got some things wrong with relativity too but that did not distract from his changing science forever.
    Same applies to you.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 10:46
    @Metal-Brain
    I don't classify myself as some kind of genius, just well read and a permanent interest in science and some musical talent.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 12:37
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I don't classify myself as some kind of genius, just well read and a permanent interest in science and some musical talent.
    I play guitar better than you.
    I learned this song recently.

YouTube

Can you play it?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 22:302 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    I would NEVER play trash like that, I do acoustic guitar and if you had your own music you would have posted it here. I play professional level guitar and compose tunes on guitar, mandolin, keyboards, fiddle and dulcimer.
    I have right now 248 tracks on Soundcloud, since covid live music pretty much came to a halt for folk musicians and just now recovering.
    So set up a soundcloud account and I will listen to your music.
    BTW, my chess rating should give you a clue I am above average.
    You don't get to 1700+ in both RHP and USCF by being stupid OR a braggard.
    I am working on #249 as we speak. and 250 right behind that one.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 00:34
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I would NEVER play trash like that, I do acoustic guitar and if you had your own music you would have posted it here. I play professional level guitar and compose tunes on guitar, mandolin, keyboards, fiddle and dulcimer.
    I have right now 248 tracks on Soundcloud, since covid live music pretty much came to a halt for folk musicians and just now recovering.
    So ...[text shortened]... SCF by being stupid OR a braggard.
    I am working on #249 as we speak. and 250 right behind that one.
    Your music is instrumental and not very good. Lame country bluegrass stuff that isn't that challenging to play. My playing is technically superior than yours.

If you really think you are a better chess player than me challenge me to a game. I normally do not reverse the board to predict what my opponent might do. That is the only reason I do not have a better rating. I'll bet I can beat you.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 20:133 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    If I was really interested in what you have to say rather than just having to refute all you patent BULLSHYTE, I would tell you my soundcloud account, and BTW I AM professional, and have TV credits to prove it.

Electric is not my thing and the real virtuosi are acoustic players. You are just another braggard and you would not even accept a challenge from me. I would love to play you OTB though.

I would not trust you for one second in a RHP game, you would just magically be a GM with some engine or other just so you could prove your superiority.

Do you even understand what it means to have near 250 tracks on Soundcloud? For another thing, I doubt you even ever HEARD about soundcloud, there are REAL musicians there and it is a great supportive community of musicians and I have done three international collaborations already, a woman named Chris O in Australia, an Irish dude named Martin and a Dutch dude calls himself Mad Dog Baba.
    About half or more of my tracks are my own compositions and the rest traditional folk tunes, I make no pretentions to be a virtuoso, I am a really good acoustic guitarist and mandolin and dulcimer and scratch on fiddle and thump some on 5 string banjo.

Just think about 250 tracks, average say 2.5 minutes each. Do the math and figure out how many gigs that would be on CD's.

Also BTW I am going to be part of an upcoming CD for a close friend George Winston, and that has an interesting tale which you no doubt would not be interested in.

And BTW there are a number of real bluegrass virtuoso's on guitar, Molly Tuttle is one. Doc Watson, RIP, is another. I don't do bluegrass myself, I had a band in LA called Southwind and we played a LOT of gigs around LA including one on a nationally broadcast show.

I am a tunesmith I guess is my calling. I can come up with new tunes every time I pick up the guitar or mandolin and one I wrote for my daughter, Heather's Waltz, she like it. I write tunes for family and friends, three now for my wife and a bunch for son's, daughters and grandkids.
    I would not even TRY to compete with a speed demon electric player, to me that is just exhibition and very low on actual music. I like melodies and chords and compose a lot of waltzes. We are in two different worlds musically.

One thing, what do you do if the power goes out eh? Power goes out for me, I am maybe sitting on my front porch and just go, no big deal, can't stop acoustic music that way but electrics, better have battery backup.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 21:13
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    If I was really interested in what you have to say rather than just having to refute all you patent BULLSHYTE, I would tell you my soundcloud account, and BTW I AM professional, and have TV credits to prove it.

Electric is not my thing and the real virtuosi are acoustic players. You are just another braggard and you would not even accept a challenge from me ...[text shortened]... just go, no big deal, can't stop acoustic music that way but electrics, better have battery backup.
    "I would not trust you for one second in a RHP game, you would just magically be a GM with some engine or other just so you could prove your superiority."

Then ratings mean nothing. You could be cheating for all I know.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '22 05:19
    @Metal-Brain
    Yes, you don't know and never will. All I just typed and all you say is about cheating. Show me what you have done professionally on guitar, can't be that difficult to ship over here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree