1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '22 03:16
    @Metal-Brain
    Ok, I still don't see any actual technical specs, like the power, like the frequency, like what kind of waves they are, radio waves, acoustic waves? And what kind of focusing technology can be used for such devices? Detecting boats at 200+ miles is nice and all be over the horizon radar can detect at ten thousand miles range.
    What I take away from that is the waves lose their power worse than inverse square law, maybe inverse cube law or inverse 4th power law. Also, how can you detect aircraft if the waves are confined to the interface between the surface of an ocean and the atmosphere which apparently is what is needed, a conductive surface, so right away that talks about electrons so that would leave out acoustic waves, interface between ocean and atmosphere is a narrow band to look for anything outside that surface, say 1000 meters BELOW the surface. They talk about gigabits per second data rates but not for world wide use, since it would take a LOT of power to get much further than the 230 miles talked about in the blurb, which BTW was very sparce on details.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '22 05:15
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Ok, I still don't see any actual technical specs, like the power, like the frequency, like what kind of waves they are, radio waves, acoustic waves? And what kind of focusing technology can be used for such devices? Detecting boats at 200+ miles is nice and all be over the horizon radar can detect at ten thousand miles range.
    What I take away from that is th ...[text shortened]... get much further than the 230 miles talked about in the blurb, which BTW was very sparce on details.
    Of course not. It is a secret.
    We are talking about military technology here.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jul '22 19:40
    @metal-brain said
    Of course not. It is a secret.
    But, of course, you - and you alone, along with all your QAnon mates - know everything about it.

How convenient.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '22 12:52
    @shallow-blue said
    But, of course, you - and you alone, along with all your QAnon mates - know everything about it.

How convenient.
    Stop lying.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '22 18:44
    @Metal-Brain
    Tell me, how much did you get from Putin for selling THEM the story?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '22 05:09
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Tell me, how much did you get from Putin for selling THEM the story?
    What is wrong with you?
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with that at all.
    Stop trolling lies!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 04:43
    @Metal-Brain
    Many technologies look great at the start then they run into real trouble commercializing it, in this case, transmitting real power not a couple of kilowatts a hundred miles or whatever and it is still not clear what the speed of transmission is, my guess is these waves are acoustic surface waves like the surface wave delay units I used to test, I know exactly how THEY work and they were in fact acoustic waves.
    It makes more sense the waves are acoustic because Earth is not such a great conductor of electricity. I know about that too. At Goddard I worked on the underground grounding rods, they were hollow and filled with ionic conductors like a salt of some kind, forget exactly which one, been 50 odd years now, but the idea was they had these rods under the labs in the buildings and were hollow and had the salt stuff, not sodium choride, inside, in a dripper that constantly kept fluid control. Dozens of them under the lab building. Inside the lab were one inch thick copper straps going around the periphery of the rooms and that was ground for whatever experiments were going on. One day I had an oscilloscope hooked up for some project or other and I put the scope probe on that hugh copper strap, like I said, a full inch thick and 8 inches high and running all the way round the lab.
    So just out of curiosity I had the scope hooked up and tagged the ground strap. To my surprise there were pulses on it a full 5 volts high. I was kind of shocked considering what I knew about the grounding with conductive salts pumped into the hollow ground rods with holes in the pipes underground so the salt would seep into the Earth increasing the conductivity under the building. It clearly didn't do a very good job of conducting signals to ground in spite of the extreme build of the ground rods.
    Looking back on that experience tells me an electrical field would have not much chance of conducting real energy that way. So that leaves acoustics. And of course you would know nothing about that because it is all SECRET, right?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 07:39
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Many technologies look great at the start then they run into real trouble commercializing it, in this case, transmitting real power not a couple of kilowatts a hundred miles or whatever and it is still not clear what the speed of transmission is, my guess is these waves are acoustic surface waves like the surface wave delay units I used to test, I know exactly ...[text shortened]... t leaves acoustics. And of course you would know nothing about that because it is all SECRET, right?
    You have a lot to say about things you know nothing about.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 08:32
    @metal-brain said
    You have a lot to say about things you know nothing about.
    This, from the site's standout winner in the Ignorant Expert competition.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 08:32

Removed by poster

11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 09:111 edit
    @kewpie said
    This, from the site's standout winner in the Ignorant Expert competition.
    Sticks and stones.
    Can you prove it? Talk is cheap and insults are cheaper.
    Did I get anything wrong?

sonhouse was making so many false statements is seemed pointless to waste time setting him straight, but I will show you that the earth is a good conductor, relatively speaking. Take ground wires for example.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/electricity9.htm
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 17:37
    @Metal-Brain
    You might read all you want but you lack the actual experience of technical work so all you can do is spout other people's sites.
    I get my knowledge from working with ground rods professionally and in my ham work. Ground is not a very good conductor say compared even to aluminum or the best silver outside of superconductors. The site you posted about Zenneck waves did not specify ANYTHING about what they actually are, electrical effects or acoustic and if they are acoustic they reveal nothing about power levels or focusing technology and all you can say is DUH it's secret. Till more details are known generally, like peer reviewed papers it is all speculation. But you don't do peer review, you just post the first fringe site you come across and just assume they must be right. That is not how REAL science works. REAL science works by independent reproduction of the effects studied where another scientist wants to reproduce the earlier work either because he or she thinks it is wrong or thinks it is right and just needs verification.
    You on the other hand NEVER post peer review work ONLY fringe sites that you THINK bolsters whatever the case of the day is for you.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 02:00
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You might read all you want but you lack the actual experience of technical work so all you can do is spout other people's sites.
    I get my knowledge from working with ground rods professionally and in my ham work. Ground is not a very good conductor say compared even to aluminum or the best silver outside of superconductors. The site you posted about Zenneck w ...[text shortened]... peer review work ONLY fringe sites that you THINK bolsters whatever the case of the day is for you.
    Ground rods are important. Nobody is disputing that. Tesla knew that. Why do you think he put in a deep ground rod at Wardenclyffe? He wanted the maximum conduction possible, but the earth is generally a good conductor. Ground wires prove that.

Troll all you want. You know I am right. The earth makes a good return path for electrons. The earth is part of the electrical grid. Do you dispute that?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 17:321 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    Whether or not the grid uses ground, Earth is NOT a 'good' conductor.
    When I say good I don't mean the resistance is 'only' 10,000 ohms, THAT WILL NOT GET YOU GOOD TRANSMISSION OF ENERGY USING ONLY EARTH.
    The big power lines are more like MILLIohms and so is our electronics and house wiring.
    So take your 'You know I'm right' and shove it up your ass.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 23:28
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Whether or not the grid uses ground, Earth is NOT a 'good' conductor.
    When I say good I don't mean the resistance is 'only' 10,000 ohms, THAT WILL NOT GET YOU GOOD TRANSMISSION OF ENERGY USING ONLY EARTH.
    The big power lines are more like MILLIohms and so is our electronics and house wiring.
    So take your 'You know I'm right' and shove it up your ass.
    The earth is a good enough conductor for ground wires.
    You know I am right. Stop pouting like a child.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree