1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 16:38
    @athousandyoung said
    That second graph does show an increase in the rate of sea level change. Between 1880 and 1920 we see a 50mm increase. Between 1880 and 2020 we are a 100mm increase.
    Right. Also notice the acceleration between 1940 and 1960. It is comparable to the recent acceleration but alarmists usually omit anything past 1960 to mislead. A pathetic tactic to use, but alarmists have no shame it seems.

Since there were low CO2 levels before the automobile was mass produced the warming before that was obviously from natural causes. You may have heard of "the pause" in warming that alarmists claim wasn't really a pause after revising some data. I suspect a lag effect has caused sea level rise to decelerate lately because of that but I am waiting for humy to provide those last 6 years of data that is not on the NASA Graphs. Perhaps he found it and doesn't want us to know he found out what I suspect is right. That would explain why he broke his agreement and is throwing a tantrum over it.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 16:401 edit
    @humy said
    Agreed.
    Still waiting for you to show us your maths formula you would use for that...
    If you find the missing data from the NASA link

What "missing data"?
    And what would your maths formula you would use for that if you had that "missing data"? -Very simple question you will not answer and we all know why.
    You agreed. Page 13.

Stop your bloody lying!
    You are a pathetic liar!!!!!!!!!
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 16:574 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You did agree.
    No, I CLEARLY didn't. You are just so obtuse.
    On that page what you ACTUALLY asked was;
    "I can start from 1949 if that will satisfy you and I will provide the math for you. Agreed?" Yes or no, was that your EXACT words?
    I answered;
    "agreed".
    So what I agreed to is if you start calculating from 1949 then I will accept the maths from you. You said nothing about wanting me to give some "missing data" in that question so I clearly didn't agree to that.
    Where did I agree to giving you the "missing data"? Answer, I clearly didn't. And that was confirmed by my very next quote which was:
    "What "missing data"?
    thus clearly indicating I didn't know what you were referring to by "missing data" thus I never agreed to give it.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 17:56
    @metal-brain said
    Another "attack the source" tactic.

The evidence has been provided. Just because it is presented on youtube does not discredit the facts. You are in denial of the facts.
    Denial of facts is for kids.
    Facts that require a youtube video to "prove" are not facts. If it's a fact, the evidence would be clearly represented in credible source materials.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 19:01
    @metal-brain said
    Right. Also notice the acceleration between 1940 and 1960. It is comparable to the recent acceleration but alarmists usually omit anything past 1960 to mislead. A pathetic tactic to use, but alarmists have no shame it seems.

Since there were low CO2 levels before the automobile was mass produced the warming before that was obviously from natural causes. You may have he ...[text shortened]... I suspect is right. That would explain why he broke his agreement and is throwing a tantrum over it.
    People have been burning coal for hundreds of years now. Human caused greenhouse gases didn’t start with the automobile.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 19:08
    @athousandyoung said
    People have been burning coal for hundreds of years now. Human caused greenhouse gases didn’t start with the automobile.
    Others have claimed that, but failed because the CO2 records did not show it. Show me the CO2 records in the ice core samples. If you cannot stop your false claims. I'm sick of false assertions.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 19:36
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature19082

Here we use post-AD 1500 palaeoclimate records to show that sustained industrial-era warming of the tropical oceans first developed during the mid-nineteenth century and was nearly synchronous with Northern Hemisphere continental warming. The early onset of sustained, significant warming in palaeoclimate records and model simulations suggests that greenhouse forcing of industrial-era warming commenced as early as the mid-nineteenth century
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 20:53
    @athousandyoung said
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature19082

Here we use post-AD 1500 palaeoclimate records to show that sustained industrial-era warming of the tropical oceans first developed during the mid-nineteenth century and was nearly synchronous with Northern Hemisphere continental warming. The early onset of sustained, significant warming in palaeoclimate records and ...[text shortened]... reenhouse forcing of industrial-era warming commenced as early as the mid-nineteenth century
    Wildgrass pointed out the same thing, but when I insisted backing up the claim with proof of higher CO2 levels he could not provide it. I pointed out that if it were true the ice core samples would prove it to be true, yet no reference to that in the article. Nothing, just an empty assertion.

It is a bunk theory with absolutely no evidence at all. Although I don't have a subscription and cannot read the peer reviews I'm sure they were brutally critical of such an assertion without evidence. Absolutely absurd!
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 21:06
    @metal-brain said
    Wildgrass pointed out the same thing, but when I insisted backing up the claim with proof of higher CO2 levels he could not provide it. I pointed out that if it were true the ice core samples would prove it to be true, yet no reference to that in the article. Nothing, just an empty assertion.

It is a bunk theory with absolutely no evidence at all. Although I don't have ...[text shortened]... views I'm sure they were brutally critical of such an assertion without evidence. Absolutely absurd!
    https://www.co2.earth/co2-ice-core-data
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 23:16
    @athousandyoung said
    https://www.co2.earth/co2-ice-core-data
    You have your cause and effect backwards. Higher temperatures caused CO2 levels to rise because a warmer ocean cannot hold as much CO2 as a cooler one.
    In order to prove CO2 caused temps to rise you must show which lagged behind the other. This is also evident in the ice core samples.
    It is not enough to show a correlation, you must show cause and effect.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ice-core-data-help-solve/
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 02:081 edit
    I think you are moving the goalposts.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 02:11
    The graphs in my last link show that CO2 began to increase beyond normal levels just before 1900. This is remarkably similar to when the Industrial Revolution began. Do you agree?
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 02:17
    @athousandyoung said

@metal-brain said
    Others have claimed that, but failed because the CO2 records did not show it. Show me the CO2 records in the ice core samples. If you cannot stop your false claims. I'm sick of false assertions.

The CO2 records in the ice core samples DO show exactly what I wrote above. Stop being such a pretentious douchebag.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 02:21
    Now, for your comment about CO2 lagging temperature rise:

https://skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature.htm

The initial changes in temperature during this period are explained by changes in the Earth’s orbit around the sun, which affects the amount of seasonal sunlight reaching the Earth’s surface. In the case of warming, the lag between temperature and CO2 is explained as follows: as ocean temperatures rise, oceans release CO2 into the atmosphere. In turn, this release amplifies the warming trend, leading to yet more CO2 being released. In other words, increasing CO2 levels become both the cause and effect of further warming. This positive feedback is necessary to trigger the shifts between glacials and interglacials as the effect of orbital changes is too weak to cause such variation.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 10:076 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    Now, for your comment about CO2 lagging temperature rise:

https://skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature.htm

The initial changes in temperature during this period are explained by changes in the Earth’s orbit around the sun, which affects the amount of seasonal sunlight reaching the Earth’s surface. In the case of warming, the lag between temperature an ...[text shortened]... als and interglacials as the effect of orbital changes is too weak to cause such variation.
    and the critical words there are;

"In other words, increasing CO2 levels become BOTH the cause and effect of further warming."(my emphasis)

Thus debunking the usual nonsense propaganda claim made by some generally-science-ignorant people, such as metalbrain, that the CO2 lagging temperature shows that CO2 doesn't cause any significant warming for there is no logical contradiction in CO2 being BOTH the cause and the effect of warming and none of those people have ever explained any contradiction of it being both.

More generally, there are also other examples of known causality working both ways; it sometimes happens. For example, vegetation drying out might cause it to easily catch fire and thus then catch fire but then the radiant heat from the fire may cause more vegetation to try out at a distance which then allows the fire to spread to that now dry vegetation thus vegetation drying out because both the cause and the effect of the fire. I have actually once witnessed this effect in real life on an unfortunate farm and it caused some serious problems for the fire fighters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree