1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '19 19:03
    @wildgrass
    Wow, didn't you know those ancient builders built them underwater so we would be confused 2000 years later? Smart builders, eh.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '19 14:26
    @wildgrass said
    You are certain it was about 200 years ago? Using the word "about" sows a lot of doubt.

Judging by your response and response time, you didn't read the article. Sea level data does go back that far, it is right there pasted on the side of a 2,000 year old man-made structure. We've been over the use of modeling ad nauseum. It's required to account for tecton ...[text shortened]... But it very clearly indicates that Mediterranean sea level rise did not happen until very recently.
    I am not certain what the lag time of methane behind temperature is. If you can find that out you can accurately determine pre industrial age temps. I do know that the lag time is less than co2 lag time behind temps.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 19:40
    @metal-brain said
    I am not certain what the lag time of methane behind temperature is. If you can find that out you can accurately determine pre industrial age temps. I do know that the lag time is less than co2 lag time behind temps.
    Why? The lag time has nothing to do with what I wrote.

The fish pens were built to precisely match high and low tides, for catching fish. As a long-term sea level gauge (which is what you were interested in earlier, before you started on the methane thing) you can visually observe almost no change in sea level in 2,000 years. So all the measured changes we're observing now must have occurred very recently.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 00:24
    @wildgrass said
    Why? The lag time has nothing to do with what I wrote.

The fish pens were built to precisely match high and low tides, for catching fish. As a long-term sea level gauge (which is what you were interested in earlier, before you started on the methane thing) you can visually observe almost no change in sea level in 2,000 years. So all the measured changes we're observing now must have occurred very recently.
    Show me the data that goes back that far if it is reliable data.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '19 02:23
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/exxon-well-blast-caused-huge-235313073.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree