1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 07:20
    @metal-brain said
    This thread is about sea level rise. Attempts to digress are pathetic attempts to avoid the true subject of this thread. That is what losers do. They digress to take attention away from their failures in a feeble attempt to save face.
    You know full well there are already villages overrun with Ocean, like the one in Alaska and that is just the start. You are in the minority and you will remain in the minority fringe and WILL be judged by history for that.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 08:01
    @sonhouse said
    You know full well there are already villages overrun with Ocean, like the one in Alaska and that is just the start. You are in the minority and you will remain in the minority fringe and WILL be judged by history for that.
    We have been over that before. Instead of importing sand to make concrete they took it off the beach and the waves took part of the island because of it. That had nothing to do with sea level rise.
    I recall an island in Central America that was too close to a river basin that caused flooding that someone claimed was because of sea level rise as well. It wasn't.

Let me know when the Johnston Atoll Airport is underwater and we will talk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_Atoll_Airport
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 15:24
    @metal-brain said
    We have been over that before. Instead of importing sand to make concrete they took it off the beach and the waves took part of the island because of it. That had nothing to do with sea level rise.
    I recall an island in Central America that was too close to a river basin that caused flooding that someone claimed was because of sea level rise as well. It wasn't.

Let me ...[text shortened]... toll Airport is underwater and we will talk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_Atoll_Airport
    You mean when that happens you will apologize to humanity?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 15:56
    @sonhouse said
    You mean when that happens you will apologize to humanity?
    Show me on the NASA sea level graph where sea level is accelerating too much. Humanity will do just fine. You are a drama queen.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:40
    @metal-brain said
    Show me on the NASA sea level graph where sea level is accelerating too much. Humanity will do just fine. You are a drama queen.
    I'll take that as a no.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:41
    @sonhouse said
    I'll take that as a no.
    False assumption based on gossip
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 13:24
    @metal-brain said
    False assumption based on gossip
    So you WILL apologize when it is obvious we are heading to a tipping point in climate change?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 14:34
    @sonhouse said
    So you WILL apologize when it is obvious we are heading to a tipping point in climate change?
    Define tipping point.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 18:34
    @metal-brain said
    Define tipping point.
    So now you are being deliberately obtuse. You know full well what tipping point means. But that goes along with your MO, slide the goalpost when confronted with real data, 'data no good' is your mantra.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 23:24
    @sonhouse said
    So now you are being deliberately obtuse. You know full well what tipping point means. But that goes along with your MO, slide the goalpost when confronted with real data, 'data no good' is your mantra.
    No, I don't. I don't even think you know. It is just one of those things you say. Besides, you are being a nostradumbass again. You can't predict the future.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 10:25
    @metal-brain said
    No, I don't. I don't even think you know. It is just one of those things you say. Besides, you are being a nostradumbass again. You can't predict the future.
    You think all the indicators are wrong? Think again. You know full well 'tipping point' is when the climate changes so badly nothing humans can do, carbon tax, sequestration, whatever, can stop catastrophic change. We CAN predict the future and you know THAT full well but you for some unknown reason, maybe you are actually on someone's payroll maybe like a climate change denier lobby dude, SOMETHING is making you be a contrarian about all this.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 11:30
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSQlJx76b64
    CO2 is not driving global warming.

YouTube
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 13:56
    @metal-brain said
    CO2 is not driving global warming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSQlJx76b64
    YouTube should never, under any circumstance, be used as a scientific reference.

There's JoVE and Science360 and several others that are ok. YouTube is for kids.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 04:232 edits
    Show me using a long term graph

There's nothing unreasonable about this request. Sea level vs date without any BS complications.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 05:44
    @wildgrass said
    YouTube should never, under any circumstance, be used as a scientific reference.

There's JoVE and Science360 and several others that are ok. YouTube is for kids.
    Another "attack the source" tactic.

The evidence has been provided. Just because it is presented on youtube does not discredit the facts. You are in denial of the facts.
    Denial of facts is for kids.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree