1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 11:26
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    Just because a cadre of academics are skeptics doesn't mean evolution is dead.
    Unexplained Cambrian explosion doesn't make Darwin wrong.
    It is like UFO's. Someone sees something flying in the sky they can't explain, it is an unidentified Flying object.
    So here we have a UEE, unidentified Evolution events.
    That doesn't mean you throw out the baby with the bat ...[text shortened]... e that as an analogy but they don't go any further than that.
    Til then, it is an academic exercise.
    I agree truth is not truth because someone accepts it or not. Which is why debate and a variety of views should not be cut off by those that have stopped questioning what they accept.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 12:02
    @KellyJay
    Sure, but it takes more than mere objection to a theory to advance actual science. Someone has to do the hard work to show real advancement. Till then all we have are folks squawking in the fringes.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 12:223 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Watch it and explain the complaints,
    I cannot explain other peoples complaints about evolution for the same reason I cannot explain other peoples complaints about old Earth or round Earth; -Its because I'm not a psychiatrist. Perhaps the explanation is that they want to have sex with their mothers (freudian interpretation)? Who knows? I don't.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 12:48
    @humy said
    I cannot explain other peoples complaints about evolution for the same reason I cannot explain other peoples complaints about old Earth or round Earth; -Its because I'm not a psychiatrist. Perhaps the explanation is that they want to have sex with their mothers (freudian interpretation)? Who knows? I don't.
    I think you have revealed your issues with this topic. For you it is not reality and truth under discussion but the character flaws of those who disagree with you. This explains why you refuse to look at dissent from those who know their fields well. You find it easier to attack people than listen to views you don’t want to see. You hear evolution is being disputed, and you jump to people having sex with their mothers, how pathetic!
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 12:511 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    Sure, but it takes more than mere objection to a theory to advance actual science. Someone has to do the hard work to show real advancement. Till then all we have are folks squawking in the fringes.
    It is not just the fringe, but disputes are good are they not, they drive us to confirm truth and reveal flaws in our views.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 15:47
    @KellyJay
    Like I said, the science still has to be done regardless of their objections saying it is impossible.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 16:52
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    Like I said, the science still has to be done regardless of their objections saying it is impossible.
    I agree.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 17:02
    @kellyjay said
    We can say the same thing about hardcore believers in evolution too couldn't we? They will believe what they will regardless of what is found. As you can see in the two threads I started here, some cannot even acknowledge the possibility what they believe may not as true as they think it is, so they avoid challenges to it, refusing to look at things that they might have to think about.
    Do you acknowledge the possibility that the Earth may be flat?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 17:54
    @kazetnagorra said
    Do you acknowledge the possibility that the Earth may be flat?
    No do you?
    We can fly above the earth and look at it.
    Do you have a time machine that can take us to the past to review it?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 23:46
    @KellyJay
    Would you believe it if we could, would you believe we were actually a hundred million miles in the past dodging T Rex?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 00:42

Removed by poster

12. Germany
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 06:28
    @kellyjay said
    No do you?
    We can fly above the earth and look at it.
    Do you have a time machine that can take us to the past to review it?
    We can observe evolution just the same. No "time machine" is needed.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 09:03
    @kazetnagorra said
    We can observe evolution just the same. No "time machine" is needed.
    You can suggest what occurred by looking at things in the here and now, you cannot look at millions of years ago.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 10:55
    @kellyjay said
    Had you watched it you would have known it is an interviewed conversation between three different authors, that don't agree with each other on many topics. Watch the video the link was provided, I'm not going to spoon feed you like a little child who is refusing to eat is dinner.
    I have in the past "spoon-fed" you when you feigned interest in Evolution
    as have others, yet your good Christian values do not cajole you into
    doing the same for others? Is it too much effort for you to evangelise?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '19 10:58
    @kellyjay said
    You can suggest what occurred by looking at things in the here and now, you cannot look at millions of years ago.
    You seem very happy looking at what happened 2,000 years ago with no evidence.

But not what happened in the past with evidence.

Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree