Fusion (again)

Fusion (again)

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
07 Jan 23
1 edit

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jan 23

@Metal-Brain
You can't even CONCEIVE of 2 atoms, one ANTI and one regular.
Do you seriously think TWO ATOMS are going to make a violent explosion?
What the FUK is wrong with your poor excuse for a brain.

MB

Moves
08 Jan 23

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
You can't even CONCEIVE of 2 atoms, one ANTI and one regular.
Do you seriously think TWO ATOMS are going to make a violent explosion?
What the FUK is wrong with your poor excuse for a brain.
"Do you seriously think TWO ATOMS are going to make a violent explosion?"

More violent than two uranium atoms, but how are you going to continue producing energy after that? It is only two atoms. BTW, how are you going to make sure they don't miss each other and get wasted?

Previously you suggested a stream of antimatter. That is much more than 2 atoms. You are all over the place. Now you have confined yourself to 2 atoms. That is not enough energy to propel a space ship.

Now you are compromising thrust for safety so your ship is as slow as a snail. Every time you try to eliminate a problem you create another. Now you have snail drive. What good is that?

Where are you going to get the antimatter? You cannot even get enough to make an antimatter bomb. That is why they don't exist. Get a grip on reality. You have to create antimatter to use it and you cannot create enough of it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 23

@Metal-Brain
I used two atoms to make a point but you didn't take it very well.
A working AM engine would use a stream of individual atoms, as many as needed for the job at hand, use a lot of atoms in that stream meeting a similar mass of ordinary matter and you have a way to modulate how much power is produced, just like in a carburetor but with a tad bit more punch.
But of course you will still say I am full of shyte, fully expected since you are so pathetically uneducated in STEM.

MB

Moves
09 Jan 23

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
I used two atoms to make a point but you didn't take it very well.
A working AM engine would use a stream of individual atoms, as many as needed for the job at hand, use a lot of atoms in that stream meeting a similar mass of ordinary matter and you have a way to modulate how much power is produced, just like in a carburetor but with a tad bit more punch.
But ...[text shortened]... will still say I am full of shyte, fully expected since you are so pathetically uneducated in STEM.
LOL!
Your point is that you cannot make a working AM engine because you can only use two atoms. Any more than that and you would blow yourself up. Explain how you will keep antimatter from getting blown back into your matter spaceship which would kill you.

What you are suggesting is harder than using weapons grade uranium to produce power. There is no way to contain such energy. That is why we have to use impure uranium for nuclear power plants.

You keep evading an important question. How will you procure enough antimatter without going broke? If it was practical we would be talking about AM bombs instead of nuclear bombs. Take a reality pill. Get real.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 23

@Metal-Brain
I don't think I EVER ran into anyone as absolutely as dense as you.
I mentioned two atoms to give you an idea of the non violence of just those meeting.
You are so dense I tend to think you are just bullshyting and know what is going on but just want to rattle our chains once more.

MB

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

@sonhouse
Explain how you will keep antimatter from getting blown back into your matter spaceship which would kill you.

You keep evading an important question. How will you procure enough antimatter without going broke? If it was practical we would be talking about AM bombs instead of nuclear bombs.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jan 23

@Metal-Brain
AM will be kept in a magnetic bottle with just enough for the job at hand, say propelling a spacecraft to velocity Z and runs out when it gets to the right speed or some variation.

You don't have a very good memory of my posts mainly because I think you don't read them.

There is a way to collect AM, AM in the universe is in a ratio with ordinary matter at about 10 billion to one. So one AM atom Vs 10 billion for regular matter.

In space those particles can race through the universe with little chance of hitting the opposite kind.

With that in mind, the solar system is FULL of AM, like in some mass of 10 billion tons of space gas, 1 ton will be AM.

The trick is to convince AM to be attracted to a huge chicken wire like sphere charged up to about 100 million volts, the thing would be some 100 meters in diameter. So it attracts the AM and inside magnetic and electric fields guides the AM to a magnetic trap.
That description makes it sound easy but of course it would be a real technological challenge but the rewards means you get a propulsion that can get you better than half the speed of light and things get a lot better timewise for the crew if you can get to 99.9999% of c or so, making the crew think they are going a hundred times faster than light. So a hundred LY journey takes them one year, on their own clock.
Their own clock is also running 100X faster so they would feel nothing strange.
The catch is THEY might think they are going 100X c but in reality they are going close to c and nothing more, what is going on of course is time dilation and they go to that star 100 Ly away and say they spend ten years their, head home, but now 210 years has gone by on Earth so all their relatives and grandkids and greatgrandkids are all dead and maybe the government won't even be the same, totally different culture and such but AM could make something like that possible.

MB

Moves
12 Jan 23

@sonhouse
You did not answer either of my two questions. Once again:

Explain how you will keep antimatter from getting blown back into your matter spaceship which would kill you.

You keep evading an important question. How will you procure enough antimatter without going broke? If it was practical we would be talking about AM bombs instead of nuclear bombs.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jan 23
1 edit

@Metal-Brain
Are you COMPLETELY daft? I SAID the way you keep the AM and regular matter apart is with a magnetic trap. Do you need to google MAGNETIC? Or TRAP?
Or a really radical idea, google MAGNETIC TRAP.

Your zeal to prove yourself totally superior to people actually FROM Earth is getting in the way of your alleged education.

MB

Moves
16 Jan 23

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Are you COMPLETELY daft? I SAID the way you keep the AM and regular matter apart is with a magnetic trap. Do you need to google MAGNETIC? Or TRAP?
Or a really radical idea, google MAGNETIC TRAP.

Your zeal to prove yourself totally superior to people actually FROM Earth is getting in the way of your alleged education.
You don't want to trap antimatter while it is exploding. The whole goal is to let AM out of the trap when it explodes. Then you have to let such a small amount out it will not blow back AM into your space ship. The smaller the amount the more it is like hitting a bullet with another bullet.

You cannot create enough AM in the first place though. You would go broke trying. This is not Star Trek. There is a reason AM bombs do not exist. It is impossible to create enough of it to work with.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jan 23

@Metal-Brain
Hey, you want to be stupid, fine. The REST of us here, you know, the ones actually BORN on Earth understand these simple ideas. The fact you cannot is sad.
The magnetic trap which you really should google has ONLY Antimatter in it.
That is why they call it a magnetic trap.

Are you stoned? That would explain a lot.

MB

Moves
16 Jan 23

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Hey, you want to be stupid, fine. The REST of us here, you know, the ones actually BORN on Earth understand these simple ideas. The fact you cannot is sad.
The magnetic trap which you really should google has ONLY Antimatter in it.
That is why they call it a magnetic trap.

Are you stoned? That would explain a lot.
"The magnetic trap which you really should google has ONLY Antimatter in it"

You have to let it out to combine with matter at some point. A magnetic trap will do you no good then. How will you keep the explosion from blowing back AM into your space ship? You still have not answered that question.

You still have to make AM since you cannot find it. Where are you going to get all of the energy to do that?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jan 23

@Metal-Brain
God you are dense. Google it yourself.

MB

Moves
19 Jan 23

@sonhouse
You still have to make AM since you cannot find it. Where are you going to get all of the energy to do that?