Electron spin

Electron spin

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
05 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
No, you refused to answer and you referred me to wikipedia because you are incapable of answering those questions without contradicting yourself. You said electron spin could be measured and later you said there was no speed to measure.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about.
I already explained on the first page there is no such thing as "electron spin speed."

h

Moves
05 Feb 20
2 edits

@kazetnagorra said
I already explained on the first page there is no such thing as "electron spin speed."
I also told him this. And I didn't get that from wiki (don't get why he is so stupidly angry about us getting quotes from wiki especially as HE also sometimes quotes wiki). And he keeps shouting to us we don't answer his questions or explain anything to him after we just did!

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
05 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
Do electrons spin faster than the speed of light?
Light doesn't spin

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
05 Feb 20

@athousandyoung said
Light doesn't spin
Photons are spin 1. So light does spin in this sense.

h

Moves
06 Feb 20

@deepthought said
yes, but they don't spin like a spinning top.

MB

Moves
09 Feb 20

@deepthought said
What is your source of information?

MB

Moves
09 Feb 20

@kazetnagorra said
So there is nothing to measure? You are still contradicting yourself.

h

Moves
09 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
He is a physicist.
Do you deny that a photon is defined as having a spin of either -1 or 1?

MB

Moves
09 Feb 20

@humy said
He is a physicist.
Do you deny that a photon is defined as having a spin of either -1 or 1?
This thread is about electron spin, not photons.
He has failed so he is digressing into a different subject. That is what people do when they have lost the debate. He knows he contradicted himself and he cannot undo his mistake.

Kazet screwed up and you are defending his screw up and making yourself look like a screw up as well. You have very poor judgement.

h

Moves
09 Feb 20
2 edits

@metal-brain said
This thread is about electron spin, not photons.
If you think its so wrong to steer the conversation of this thread so to also include that of spin of photons then why did you clearly deliberately steer the conversation to include that of photon spin by asking "What is your source of information?" about the spin of photons being 1? Hypocrite!

MB

Moves
09 Feb 20

@humy said
If you think its so wrong to steer the conversation of this thread so to also include that of spin of photons then why did you clearly deliberately steer the conversation to include that of photon spin by asking "What is your source of information?" about the spin of photons being 1? Hypocrite!
If you can prove photons spin I will talk about it, but nobody has proven that on here.

h

Moves
09 Feb 20
3 edits

@metal-brain said
If you can prove photons spin I will talk about it, but nobody has proven that on here.
Arr, at least, you have just admitted you think there may be no proof. Just as I suspected.
It took my about 30 seconds of my time to google search and find this about that experimental proof;

https://core.ac.uk/reader/49287350

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/09/160926115345.htm

This just shows your delusional arrogant complete ignorance on the subject.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
So there is nothing to measure? You are still contradicting yourself.
There is something to measure, just not the "speed" of intrinsic spin, which is not a thing. Spin can be measured e.g. through the Stern-Gerlach experiment.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
09 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
That was from memory, but a reference for this is easy to provide. This is the Particle Data Group's listing for Gauge and Higgs Bosons, the relevant quantity is listed as J.

http://pdg.lbl.gov/2019/tables/rpp2019-sum-gauge-higgs-bosons.pdf

MB

Moves
09 Feb 20

@kazetnagorra said
There is something to measure, just not the "speed" of intrinsic spin, which is not a thing. Spin can be measured e.g. through the Stern-Gerlach experiment.
If it isn't speed being measured what is being measured?