1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 19:15
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You prove your arrogance and ignorance all at once.
    LOL!

Prove it and explain how it supposedly makes sense.

"The quantization of spin is reflected in the discrete effect of the applied magnetic field."

So now he is saying the magnetic field causes spin. LOL! But wait....there is a discrete effect too. Is a discrete effect spin? LOL! No, it is reflected. Not caused, but reflected? I would ask him to explain it but it is obvious he has no idea what he is talking about.

Do you all have any more nonsensical jargon to avoid explaining anything adequately?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jan '20 12:28
    @metal-brain said
    LOL!

Prove it and explain how it supposedly makes sense.

"The quantization of spin is reflected in the discrete effect of the applied magnetic field."

So now he is saying the magnetic field causes spin. LOL! But wait....there is a discrete effect too. Is a discrete effect spin? LOL! No, it is reflected. Not caused, but reflected? I would ask him to explain it bu ...[text shortened]... g about.

Do you all have any more nonsensical jargon to avoid explaining anything adequately?
    Have you considered the possibility that you might need to learn what that jargon (such as spin) means, rather than the onus being on others to explain them to you according to your own satisfaction?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 02:20
    @kazetnagorra said
    Have you considered the possibility that you might need to learn what that jargon (such as spin) means, rather than the onus being on others to explain them to you according to your own satisfaction?
    You mean the spin that isn't really spin?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 08:52
    @metal-brain said
    By definition, spin is really spin.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '20 16:44
    @kazetnagorra said
    By definition, spin is really spin.
    Not according to wikipedia, your go to source.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 00:24
    @metal-brain said
    I could spin you a tale without turning around.
    Do you have a problem with that usage of "spin" too?
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 07:31
    @wolfgang59 said
    Oh don't make his head spin.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 08:34
    @wolfgang59 said
    Do you have a problem with that usage of "spin" too?
    Define intrinsic spin.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 08:51
    @metal-brain said
    Define intrinsic spin.
    We already have.
    Just look it up.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 09:01
    @humy said
    We already have.
    Just look it up.
    Explain it without more jargon terms meant to avoid explaining anything. Can you do that? If not, you don't understand it.

Look up "intrinsic". Does it help you understand? Pretending to understand something you don't is stupid. Why do you do that? A smart person admits he doesn't understand something so he can learn. Stupid people use meaningless jargon to hide the fact they don't understand it. That is why they always post a wikipedia link instead of explaining it themselves.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 12:34
    @metal-brain said
    Explain it without more jargon terms
    you mean jargon terms like "spin"?
    Explain which 'jargon terms' we used you find offensive...
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 16:15
    @metal-brain said
    Explain it without more jargon terms meant to avoid explaining anything. Can you do that? If not, you don't understand it.

Look up "intrinsic". Does it help you understand? Pretending to understand something you don't is stupid. Why do you do that? A smart person admits he doesn't understand something so he can learn. Stupid people use meaningless jargon to hide the fa ...[text shortened]... 't understand it. That is why they always post a wikipedia link instead of explaining it themselves.
    The difficulty is that as we are forbidden more and more words it becomes impossible to say anything at all.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 17:10
    @Metal-Brain
    It it YOU having the problem. You are as I have said several times now, intellectually lazy, wanting everyone else to spoon feed you knowledge and I question the motives for such a stance.
    You are not being honest.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 17:43
    @deepthought said
    The difficulty is that as we are forbidden more and more words it becomes impossible to say anything at all.
    Intrinsic is a word with a definition. That word does nothing to describe spin. Furthermore, the wikipedia link for "intrinsic spin" says spin is not really spin in the traditional sense. So now we are left wondering what the traditional sense is and how intrinsic differs.

Has spin been measured or not? Kazet first said it could be measured and later claimed there was no speed. If there is no speed to measure he contradicted himself.

Can you do better? What is spinning and can it be measured? If you don't know just say so. There is no shame in admitting one doesn't know. It is often the most intelligent answer. It beats living in a self imposed modern dark ages where one pretends to know stuff they don't and so never learn from it.

Why not just admit you cannot answer some of my questions and work with me to find out the answers? I was going to create a thread called "what causes magnetism?" What is the point though? It is all about spin, right? Spin isn't really spin according to wikipedia though.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intrinsic
  15. Germany
    Moves
    27 Jan '20 17:51
    @metal-brain said

Look up "intrinsic". Does it help you understand? Pretending to understand something you don't is stupid. Why do you do that? A smart person admits he doesn't understand something so he can learn. Stupid people use meaningless jargon to hide the fa ...[text shortened]... 't understand it. That is why they always post a wikipedia link instead of explaining it themselves.
    Electron spin is thing. Is not exactly like twirly swirly. But in some ways is like twirly swirly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree