Strange But True

Strange But True

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by tmetzler
Darvlay you big racist!
😲😲

😉

z

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by z00t
So on his say so, person XYZ becomes a hustler? Naming people on forums can lead to claims for defamation, you do not need to be Kavanagh QC to know the consequences of libel/defamtion. Why are cheating accusations not allowed on this very forum?

Most of us here are from a different geographic region so telling us any such allegations is pointless.
... this is getting very tedious.

Edit: I realized I was wasting my time arguing with the pc police and deleted it.

z

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by arrakis
You don't dictate to me what I should or should not post. If you don't like it then get out of the forum!
Once you finish what you are doing tell us :-

- why cheating accusations are not allowed on this forum(s)
- why you have not approached the USCF or the tournament director of the relevant tournament. What will you achieve via the route chosen rather than via the appropriate official route? Gossip value?

Moves
12 Oct 06

Once you finish what you are doing tell us :-

- why cheating accusations are not allowed on this forum(s)
- why you have not approached the USCF or the tournament director of the relevant tournament. What will you achieve via the route chosen rather than via the appropriate official route? Gossip value?
Lighten up, the post was amusing. Although you seemed to have missed the point of it by a mile.

z

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by Bedlam
Lighten up, the post was amusing. Although you seemed to have missed the point of it by a mile.
I did not miss any point. A good story or not you do not use the name of a real player(a clap to anyone who tells me why). Are you saying that this is news to you? Is demand for a touch of decency too much?

Moves
12 Oct 06

Are you insane? 🙂

Why dont you go remove the Kamsky and Short names from that thread.....its exactly the same.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Oct 06

Are you insane? 🙂

Why dont you go remove the Kamsky and Short names from that thread.....its exactly the same.
Now that you mention it... I think the World Championship should be played anonymously, too.

z

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Are you insane? 🙂

Show me where in the Short/Kamsky thread Tommy C (who posted the thread) calls either a "hustler". While you are at it, show me a credible news site like Chessbase/Twic that makes allegations like those in the "gutter press".

Moves
12 Oct 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Now that you mention it... I think the World Championship should be played anonymously, too.
Indeed, I think z00t should write to chessbase and ask them to remove all the names from each article, after that he can start on the news channels etc.

z00t I have a gold star for you if you can tell me why its not wrong......Im sure if you spent at least a few mins thinking about it you will get there.

Moves
12 Oct 06

Show me where in the Short/Kamsky thread Tommy C (who posted the thread) calls either a "hustler".
Ahhh right I see it now, if I put into the Kamsky and Short thread that Nigel Short was a hot headed foo, you would protest again?

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Chessbase doesnt make allegations at all, it does however contain reports from people that allegations have been made. Topalov's teams allegations would be a good place to start if you want to look....

You seem to be comparing Arrakis to chessbase. Well the comparison would be Chessbase to RHP and Arrakis to a reporter.

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Ahhh right I see it now, if I put into the Kamsky and Short thread that Nigel Short was a hot headed foo, you would protest again?
I think the main misunderstanding here is that most of us would consider it a compliment to be called a chess hustler.

z

Moves
12 Oct 06

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

If you made such a serious baseless defamatory allegation against Short, I would be obliged in notifying him.

[b]While you are at it, cut the crap. It is one thing to report on a conversation. It is another to make a cheating accusation/slur on another.
[/b]
Its just that z00t going through his monthly cycle and needs something to moan about. z00t once said my chess was wind powered, isnt that the same as being called a hustler?

z

Moves
12 Oct 06

Its just that z00t going through his monthly cycle and needs something to moan about. z00t once said my chess was wind powered, isnt that the same as being called a hustler?
Wind assisted not wind powered. I'm too tired to look but you must be one of the jokers who was saying that you cannot challenge Anand's line of play (simply because he is Anand).

If you notice my style of posting I hate spam/crap posted in the Only Chess forum (that kind of crap can go in the General Forum). I also dislike people who argue when their point is lost. I thought you were more sensible than that Bedlam.

Perhaps over the holiday period when I'm less busy we can "fight it out" over the board and see who plays wwind assisted chess?