1. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 18:50
    "My Games" (list view) and the playing board no longer display properly on the Kindle browser as of a couple of days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

padretx
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 21:56
    @padretx said
    "My Games" (list view) and the playing board no longer display properly on the Kindle browser as of a couple of days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

padretx
    My kindle is still showing the board correctly. You can change the size of the board in My Settings. I use 'small' so the rest of the info has room.

You can also change the way My Games is displayed on the My Games page. There are four ways to display the games, try them all out and settle on what works best for you.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 10:181 edit
    @padretx

Can you provide more details about which model of Kindle it is please?
  4. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 00:50
    @Russ
    Fire 7, 9th generation

I reduced the board size as recommended above. I set it to "mini" and it seems to work ok. It was previously set to "small" (for years) and worked ok until just recently.

The lisi view of "My Games" has a large white rectangle in it that prevents you from seeing the game list. Once again, it worked fine (once again for years) until a few. days ago. I can switch to a different view and everything seems to work ok.

I don't mind my board being sized to "mini," but I would really like to get back to the list view of " My Games."

Thanks for your help. - David
  5. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 00:53
    @Suzianne
    I changed the board size from "small" to "mini" and that solved the board display problem. Thanks.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 11:575 edits
    @padretx said
    @Russ
    Fire 7, 9th generation

I reduced the board size as recommended above. I set it to "mini" and it seems to work ok. It was previously set to "small" (for years) and worked ok until just recently.

The lisi view of "My Games" has a large white rectangle in it that prevents you from seeing the game list. Once again, it worked fine (once again for years) until a few. d ...[text shortened]... ut I would really like to get back to the list view of " My Games."

Thanks for your help. - David
    Are you having the same problem you described above in the forums?

I'm having problems now on my Kindle even seeing threads in the forums because of these same display problems. The thread list is displaying okay, it's after I enter a thread when the display acts up as you describe above.

I'm not having problems displaying the game list probably because I only have 3 games in my list. I'm also not having problems seeing the games themselves.

I'm having the same display problems only on my Kindle. The site remains viewable in its entirety on my Android phone, no problems there.

@Russ
    I have a Kindle Fire HD 10, 9th generation. I'm using the Dark display, I've not checked it on the normal Light display.
  7. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 15:10
    @Suzianne
    I don't have any problems in the forums (so far). I'm having problems with the board display again. There are 12 entries in my game list (though 7 of them have been finished).
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 17:431 edit
    @padretx

Having the same trouble on an Amazon fire tablet.

Split screen, big white box across gameboard, it is affecting 'forum's too.

Been ok for approx 2 years before a few days ago.
  9. Hill Country, Texas
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 18:55
    @Blood-On-The-Tracks
    It would seem that I'm not the only person running into this. Sorry you're having problems.
  10. In the sun
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 22:58
    @padretx yes! Me too! granO2
  11. In the sun
    Moves
    27 Jan '22 22:58
    Yes me too!!! Help!
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Jan '22 09:21
    Nothing significant has changed in this period...so this a little puzzling.

I would assume it was a Kindle update that caused this, but if the same problem occurs on Amazon Tablets too, then it might be a more widespread problem.

Can anyone provide a screenshot?
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Jan '22 09:22
    @blood-on-the-tracks said
    @padretx

Having the same trouble on an Amazon fire tablet.

Split screen, big white box across gameboard, it is affecting 'forum's too.

Been ok for approx 2 years before a few days ago.
    Do you use the Amazon default/stock browser (Silk) or do you use another?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '22 10:101 edit
    @russ said
    Nothing significant has changed in this period...so this a little puzzling.

I would assume it was a Kindle update that caused this, but if the same problem occurs on Amazon Tablets too, then it might be a more widespread problem.

Can anyone provide a screenshot?
    Russ, all Amazon tablets ARE Kindles, as that is native to all Amazon tablets.

I keep referring to my Amazon tablet as a Kindle, because I'm a Kindle user from way back. The Fire is the Amazon tablet.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '22 10:12
    @russ said
    Do you use the Amazon default/stock browser (Silk) or do you use another?
    I have been getting this display problem on the native Silk browser.

I haven't tried installing another browser. I can try this and report back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree