Problem with display on Kindle

Problem with display on Kindle

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hill Country, Texas

Moves
24 Jan 22

"My Games" (list view) and the playing board no longer display properly on the Kindle browser as of a couple of days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

padretx

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jan 22

@padretx said
"My Games" (list view) and the playing board no longer display properly on the Kindle browser as of a couple of days ago. Is anyone else seeing this? Thanks.

padretx
My kindle is still showing the board correctly. You can change the size of the board in My Settings. I use 'small' so the rest of the info has room.

You can also change the way My Games is displayed on the My Games page. There are four ways to display the games, try them all out and settle on what works best for you.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Jan 22
1 edit

@padretx

Can you provide more details about which model of Kindle it is please?

Hill Country, Texas

Moves
27 Jan 22

@Russ
Fire 7, 9th generation

I reduced the board size as recommended above. I set it to "mini" and it seems to work ok. It was previously set to "small" (for years) and worked ok until just recently.

The lisi view of "My Games" has a large white rectangle in it that prevents you from seeing the game list. Once again, it worked fine (once again for years) until a few. days ago. I can switch to a different view and everything seems to work ok.

I don't mind my board being sized to "mini," but I would really like to get back to the list view of " My Games."

Thanks for your help. - David

Hill Country, Texas

Moves
27 Jan 22

@Suzianne
I changed the board size from "small" to "mini" and that solved the board display problem. Thanks.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Jan 22
5 edits

@padretx said
@Russ
Fire 7, 9th generation

I reduced the board size as recommended above. I set it to "mini" and it seems to work ok. It was previously set to "small" (for years) and worked ok until just recently.

The lisi view of "My Games" has a large white rectangle in it that prevents you from seeing the game list. Once again, it worked fine (once again for years) until a few. d ...[text shortened]... ut I would really like to get back to the list view of " My Games."

Thanks for your help. - David
Are you having the same problem you described above in the forums?

I'm having problems now on my Kindle even seeing threads in the forums because of these same display problems. The thread list is displaying okay, it's after I enter a thread when the display acts up as you describe above.

I'm not having problems displaying the game list probably because I only have 3 games in my list. I'm also not having problems seeing the games themselves.

I'm having the same display problems only on my Kindle. The site remains viewable in its entirety on my Android phone, no problems there.

@Russ
I have a Kindle Fire HD 10, 9th generation. I'm using the Dark display, I've not checked it on the normal Light display.

Hill Country, Texas

Moves
27 Jan 22

@Suzianne
I don't have any problems in the forums (so far). I'm having problems with the board display again. There are 12 entries in my game list (though 7 of them have been finished).

Moves
27 Jan 22
1 edit

@padretx

Having the same trouble on an Amazon fire tablet.

Split screen, big white box across gameboard, it is affecting 'forum's too.

Been ok for approx 2 years before a few days ago.

Hill Country, Texas

Moves
27 Jan 22

@Blood-On-The-Tracks
It would seem that I'm not the only person running into this. Sorry you're having problems.

In the sun

Moves
27 Jan 22

@padretx yes! Me too! granO2

In the sun

Moves
27 Jan 22

Yes me too!!! Help!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
28 Jan 22

Nothing significant has changed in this period...so this a little puzzling.

I would assume it was a Kindle update that caused this, but if the same problem occurs on Amazon Tablets too, then it might be a more widespread problem.

Can anyone provide a screenshot?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
28 Jan 22

@blood-on-the-tracks said
@padretx

Having the same trouble on an Amazon fire tablet.

Split screen, big white box across gameboard, it is affecting 'forum's too.

Been ok for approx 2 years before a few days ago.
Do you use the Amazon default/stock browser (Silk) or do you use another?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 22
1 edit

@russ said
Nothing significant has changed in this period...so this a little puzzling.

I would assume it was a Kindle update that caused this, but if the same problem occurs on Amazon Tablets too, then it might be a more widespread problem.

Can anyone provide a screenshot?
Russ, all Amazon tablets ARE Kindles, as that is native to all Amazon tablets.

I keep referring to my Amazon tablet as a Kindle, because I'm a Kindle user from way back. The Fire is the Amazon tablet.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jan 22

@russ said
Do you use the Amazon default/stock browser (Silk) or do you use another?
I have been getting this display problem on the native Silk browser.

I haven't tried installing another browser. I can try this and report back.