If you could save billions from eternal torture…

If you could save billions from eternal torture…

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Jan 22
4 edits

Whatever your Christian doctrine happens to be…the Bible contains glimpses of a possible future for humanity, for nations and for individuals. Doesn’t it?

If your particular belief regarding that possibly future involves the damning and eternal torture of billions of non-believers by your version of God, then what are you doing about it?

To those here who truly believe that vasts swathes of humanity, I.e. billions upon billions of non Christians will be deliberately held captive and deliberately kept alive in a place purposefully created in order to torture them with fire for ever and ever…

Then what on Earth are you doing here at RHP wasting the precious time given you which could be used to get out in the streets and speak to those who are in the most awful peril?

What keeps you here posting, blogging, arguing with others who think you are deluded narcissists. In fact I will go further than that to say that if you waste your time in here instead of at least attempting to save the eternal lives of those destined for this terrible future then I say that you are complicit in their suffering.

Thoughts.

[edits, apologies typos]

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Whatever your Christian doctrine happens to be…the Bible contains glimpses of a possible future for humanity, for nations and for individuals. Doesn’t it?

If your particular belief regarding that possibly future involves the damning and eternal torture of billions of non-believers by your version of God, then what are you doing about it?

To those here who truly beli ...[text shortened]... ture then I say that you are complicit in their suffering.

Thoughts.

[edits, apologies typos]
Good points

Once again the problem of the need to be validated by others to see something as true is a really shallow, non evolutionary way of attempting to gain wisdom

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22

Copying is death , a zen saying reminds us that original thought is key to true wisdom
Sticking to your guns you then come across others who concur with your ideas, while finding them in a completely different manner

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
Good points

Once again the problem of the need to be validated by others to see something as true is a really shallow, non evolutionary way of attempting to gain wisdom
What would your on topic advice be to any Christian’s here who fit the scenario described in the OP?

F

Moves
24 Jan 22
3 edits

@divegeester said
Then what on Earth are you doing here at RHP wasting the precious time given you which could be used to get out in the streets and speak to those who are in the most awful peril?
This. What you said here.

I quite enjoy chats about issues pertaining to morality, the effects of beliefs on society, the nature of faith, subjectivity versus objectivity, the human spirit and human nature and the human condition, personhood, the meaning of life etc. etc.

But IF... "torture in burning flames for eternity" [as brand spanking new Christian Philokalia put it a couple of years ago] as a form of divine wrath and revenge ...WERE REAL...

...I wouldn't waste a moment in this cranny. I'd be working flat out for some church or NGO trying to reach as many people as humanly possible.

If I DIDN'T do that, you'd be forgiven 100% for deducing that I did NOT really actually sincerely believe in "torture in burning flames for eternity" AT ALL, and that I was just pretending to, and posing, and/or simply trying to manipulate feeble-minded people for egotistical reasons.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22
7 edits

@divegeester said
[edits, apologies typos]
Sorry, but there should be a comma after apologies and before typo.

Edit: I am sure it was just a typo.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
What would your on topic advice be to any Christian’s here who fit the scenario described in the OP?
I'm trying my best to assist in understanding, which would potentionally relieve unecessary suffering and bring happier, more peaceful lives ( of Christians)
As far as general advice on Christianity I see the idea of only one Christ ( rather than the potential for more Christs ) as the most distorting understanding for Christians.
After all "Christ" was not his last name.
And he did say things like "are we not all gods", implying that all humans can attain Christ-consciousness , that he was not the only one

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
I'm trying my best to assist in understanding, which would potentionally relieve unecessary suffering and bring happier, more peaceful lives ( of Christians)
None of the peddlers of "eternal torment" think, for one moment, that "eternal torment" is going to happen to them. This makes it really easy to say that they believe it's true.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
After all "Christ" was not his last name.
What was it originally? Something like Saxe-Coburg-und-Gotha?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
None of the peddlers of "eternal torment" think, for one moment, that "eternal torment" is going to happen to them. This makes it really easy to say that they believe it's true.
Yep.
Rather focussing on the more unifying and forgiving aspects of God that they know through jesus

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
Yep.
Rather focussing on the more unifying and forgiving aspects of God that they know through jesus
Ah, but they do, generally speaking, “focus on the more unifying and forgiving aspects of God that they know through Jesus“.

Eternal suffering is the ultimate “elephant in the room”.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22

@FMF
Lol. No idea.
But I know "Christ" was a title, ala the Buddha or Prince,etc.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said

To those here who truly beli ...[text shortened]... ture then I say that you are complicit in their suffering.

Thoughts.

[edits, apologies typos]
The damning is due to sin in the creation of a Holy God; some have taken to hiding this scriptural truth from themselves and others.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The damning is due to sin in the creation of a Holy God; some have taken to hiding this scriptural truth from themselves and others.
Hmmm. OK. But what about the main thrust of the point that's been raised?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
Hmmm. OK. But what about the main thrust of the point that's been raised?
Then where ever you are, you warn people if they heed the warning and turn towards salvation that is being offered, then Jesus didn't die in vain for them; if it isn't heeded, it is on them.