If you could save billions from eternal torture…

If you could save billions from eternal torture…

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Can they reach more people on here or by going to a mall and trying to talk to individuals there?
No, I don't think so. I don't think they should necessarily "go to the mall" either. For all practical intents and purposes, I don't think believers in "torture in burning flames for eternity" reach anyone ~ no one at all ~ here at RHP. And I think in their heart of hearts, they know it. That's why the hypothesis is that they do not actually believe the doctrine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 22

@fmf said
No, I don't think so. I don't think they should necessarily "go to the mall" either. For all practical intents and purposes, I don't think believers in "torture in burning flames for eternity" reach anyone ~ no one at all ~ here at RHP. And I think in their heart of hearts, they know it. That's why the hypothesis is that they do not actually believe the doctrine.
I wasn’t saying they should preach that doctrine (“torture in burning flames for eternity” as you put it) here or in the mall or anywhere else.

If they preach how to get saved and why getting saved is important - both here on earth and for eternity - their fear of others being in hell for eternity takes care of itself.

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Then where ever you are, you warn people if they heed the warning and turn towards salvation that is being offered, then Jesus didn't die in vain for them; if it isn't heeded, it is on them.
Do you actually believe that people reading the exchanges between you and me are going to result in some of them adopting the belief that "torture in burning flames for eternity" is real?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
That doctrine starts off with a another false doctrine, which is that the soul is immortal, something never said in the bible. Its like this going to heaven business. Church Christians say 'going to heaven' all the time but nothing in the bible says anyone goes to heaven. In fact the bible says clearly that no man has ascended to heaven but Jesus Christ. Also the bible say ...[text shortened]... angels. The word 'destroy' is used many times.

Churches do not follow the doctrine of the bible.
Neither do you.

You ignore huge swaths of it.

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I wasn’t saying they should preach that doctrine (“torture in burning flames for eternity” as you put it) here or in the mall or anywhere else.

If they preach how to get saved and why getting saved is important - both here on earth and for eternity - their fear of others being in hell for eternity takes care of itself.
Judging by this post, I don't think you really understand [1] the topic, and [2] the proposal of mine that you are replying to. If you did, I think your contributions would be more interesting.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Neither do you.

You ignore huge swaths of it.
I do the smart thing. I believe the greater writings, you believe the lesser ... 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 22

@fmf said
Judging by this post, I don't think you really understand [1] the topic, and [2] the proposal of mine that you are replying to. If you did, I think your contributions would be more interesting.
Oh I understand it just fine.

Here it is:

<<The motion for debate: They don't ACTUALLY believe in "torture in burning flames for eternity", when it gets right down to it, judging by the fact they spend time posting here.

Thoughts?>>

You don’t think they’re reaching/saving anyone by posting here.

I disagree.

You don’t know how many people read these forums. I think the majority of people who play chess on this website read the forums at least occasionally.

That’s a lot of people.

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You don’t know how many people read these forums. I think the majority of people who play chess on this website read the forums at least occasionally.
I don't think so. I think there are only about 20-30 people who read this stuff.

I would think the vast majority of people who play chess here probably don't even realize the forums exist.

And anyway, do you really think that someone is going to read posts by sonship or Eladar or RBHILL or KellyJay [and the various others over the years] and come away thinking "torture in burning flames for eternity" is real?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't think so. I think there are only about 20-30 people who read this stuff.

I would think the vast majority of people who play chess here probably don't even realize the forums exist.

And anyway, do you really think that someone is going to read posts by sonship or Eladar or RBHILL or KellyJay [and the various others over the years] and come away thinking "torture in burning flames for eternity" is real?
<<I don't think so. I think there are only about 20-30 people who read this stuff.>>

And you base that on what? Wishful thinking? 😉

<<I would think the vast majority of people who play chess here probably don't even realize the forums exist.>>

And you base that on what? Wishful thinking?

<<And anyway, do you really think that someone is going to read posts by sonship or Eladar or RBHILL or KellyJay [and the various others over the years] and come away thinking "torture in burning flames for eternity" is real?>>

It might lead them to the Holy Bible to investigate if that claim is real - and they may get saved in the process ✝️ 👍👍

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You don’t think they’re reaching/saving anyone by posting here.
I don't think they are reaching anyone in the sense that I don't think they are convincing anyone that "torture in burning flames for eternity" is real.

I don't think they do either. Indeed, I don't think they really believe it themselves.

And of course, it's rather easy for them to SAY they do believe it because, well... I honestly don't think I have ever met anyone who believes in "torture in burning flames for eternity" who actually believes for one single moment that such a fate will ever befall them.

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
<<I would think the vast majority of people who play chess here probably don't even realize the forums exist.>>

And you base that on what? Wishful thinking?
Based on chats in chess games stretching back to 2005.

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
It might lead them to the Holy Bible to investigate if that claim is real - and they may get saved in the process
I think you are still missing the specific point of this thread.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 22

@fmf said
Based on chats in chess games stretching back to 2005.
Maybe your opponent simply didn’t want to chat with you. Your chatting can become annoying after a short amount of time.

No offense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jan 22

@fmf said
I think you are still missing the specific point of this thread.
Well you’re free to have that opinion,

F

Moves
25 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Maybe your opponent simply didn’t want to chat with you.
I've chatted with opponents in every single game of chess I have ever played here.