1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:261 edit
    Mines Planters.
    Crunchy on the teeth, thick as anything and always predictable.

Yours?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:27
    Ooh thumb down within seconds 😯
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:28
    Two…
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:32
    @divegeester said
    Mines Planters.

Yours?
    I didn't think Brits liked peanut butter, given how they're always making fun of Americans and their penchant for it.

I get this organic peanut butter at Costco. Don't think it has a brand name, unless it's Kirkland or something. All natural, the ingredient list is peanuts and salt, that's it. Stir it up and keep it in the fridge, upside down. The oil keeps it spreadable.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:36
    @suzianne said
    I didn't think Brits liked peanut butter, given how they're always making fun of Americans and their penchant for it.
    Approximately $150 million market in the UK.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:371 edit
    @suzianne said
    I get this organic peanut butter at Costco. Don't think it has a brand name, unless it's Kirkland or something. All natural, the ingredient list is peanuts and salt, that's it. Stir it up and keep it in the fridge, upside down. The oil keeps it spreadable.
    Organic is the best selling type in the uk I believe.
    My wife likes it, I’m an occasional dabbler in the cronchy sticky smoothness.

Edit; good tip on the upside down thing.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 19:41
    @suzianne said
    Some British people balk at the idea of "peanut butter and jelly" sandwiches, that's all.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 20:171 edit
    @divegeester said
    Mines Planters.

Yours?
    I didn’t think Planters made peanut butter. If they do, it’s not available where I shop. Seems kind of odd since Planters is the name most associated with peanuts.

But peanuts and peanut butter are two different things, though as suzianne points out, some peanut butter is just made of peanuts. I guess the “butter” in peanut butter just refers to the product’s consistency and not to the product “butter.”

Even in PB brands that contain more than peanuts, I don’t think any of the ingredients are the same as ingredients found in butter.

Interesting stuff and great OP.

Hard to say what my favorite brand of PB is. If I’m feeling health conscious, I’ll go for the all-natural kind - usually Teddie or Smuckers.

If I’m not feeling health conscious, my go-to brand is Skippy and I usually vacillate between crunchy and smooth. Currently, I favor crunchy.

One of my favorite sandwiches as a kid involved toasting Thomas’ English muffins and spreading PB on one or both halves of the toasted muffin and then pressing them together so the PB melted. Totally delish!

Later, I favored PB sandwiches made with American cheese and mayo.

And nothing goes better with a straight PB sandwich than a cold glass of milk.

Never a fan of jelly with my PB. I like my PB straight.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 20:18
    @fmf said
    Some British people balk at the idea of "peanut butter and jelly" sandwiches, that's all.
    Because, to them, jelly is what we call jello.

I probably wouldn't like a peanut butter and jello sandwich either.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 20:23
    @plantermoo said
    I didn’t think Plsnters made peanut butter. If they do, it’s not available where I shop. Seems kind of odd since Planters is the name most associated with peanuts.

But peanuts and peanut butter are two different things, though as suzianne points out some peanut butter is just made of peanuts. I guess the “butter” in peanut butter just refers to the product’s consistency ...[text shortened]... ht PB sandwich than a cold glass of milk.

Skippy and Jif have way, way too much sugar.

The right amount of sugar in peanut butter is zero.

"Never a fan of jelly with my PB. I like my PB straight."

Sigh.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 20:25
    @suzianne said
    Skippy and Jif have way, way too much sugar.

The right amount of sugar in peanut butter is zero.

"Never a fan of jelly with my PB. I like my PB straight."

Sigh.
    Why sigh?!

One reason I don’t like jelly with my PB is the jelly makes it too sweet.
  12. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 21:12
    @plantermoo said
    I didn’t think Planters made peanut butter. If they do, it’s not available where I shop. Seems kind of odd since Planters is the name most associated with peanuts.

But peanuts and peanut butter are two different things, though as suzianne points out, some peanut butter is just made of peanuts. I guess the “butter” in peanut butter just refers to the product’s consistenc ...[text shortened]... ht PB sandwich than a cold glass of milk.

Like a moth to a blacklight
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 22:02
    @gambrel said
    Like a moth to a blacklight
    Sure thing, hotshot
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 22:05
    @plantermoo said
    Sure thing, hotshot
    “Sure thing”
  15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 22:33
    Whole Earth. Addictive stuff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree