Words for

Words for "You're Welcome"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Pianoman's posts are always a pleasure to read in this forum.

If he has indeed 'joined the club' you should probably take that to heart.
LOL@ goad, you enjoy kissing butt don't you! More of a statement than a question.

I am about as concerned about Pianonaman as you Andy, wolfy, or (Suzie Q who has been quiet lately), is she sick?

-VR

TEXAS

STATE OF THE HEART

Moves
29 Aug 19
1 edit

Thank You
No, Thank You
No, No, Thank you
Oh, No, No, Thank You
No, No, No, Thank You Kinky

(And on and on and on, from a Kinky Friedman album)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 19

@leur said
(And on and on, from a Kinky Friedman album)
My fan club just keeps getting bigger leur! πŸ˜‰

-VR

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 19

@wolfgang59
Go to French to English translation and it says De Nada means You're welcome. So it is official French, not dialect.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 19
1 edit

@Pianoman1
So it looks like we can't really trust those online translators because I input De nada in french to english and it spits out you're welcome.
I have a hole in my head when it comes to languages in spite of the fact I love linguistics so I am totally out of my depth in this regard. I can count to ten in Thai, and that took living there for 3 yearsπŸ˜‰ I can count to FIVE in hebrew, having lived in Israel for 3 years alsoπŸ˜‰. Well I guess I can count to ten in spanish since I did at least take a semester or so of that in HS....
I looked at othern F-E translators and found one called Yandex and it spits out Nada when input De Nada.

TEXAS

STATE OF THE HEART

Moves
29 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
My fan club just keeps getting bigger leur! πŸ˜‰

-VR
You're welcome...πŸ˜€

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 19

@sonhouse said
@Pianoman1
So it looks like we can't really trust those online translators because I input De nada in french to english and it spits out you're welcome.
I have a hole in my head when it comes to languages in spite of the fact I love linguistics so I am totally out of my depth in this regard. I can count to ten in Thai, and that took living there for 3 yearsπŸ˜‰ I can count ...[text shortened]... oked at othern F-E translators and found one called Yandex and it spits out Nada when input De Nada.
De nada apparently is also use in Spanish, at the end of the day does anyone really care?

-VR

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 19

@Very-Rusty
Well you are the one getting all huffy about it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 19

@sonhouse

It is ok sonhouse it is all over now! πŸ˜›

You can relax! concentrate on other pressing issues you have! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
29 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
De nada apparently is also use in Spanish, at the end of the day does anyone really care?
De nada (it's nothing) is a Spanish expression also used in English, French, and other languages.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
De nada (it's nothing) is a Spanish expression also used in English, French, and other languages.
Your a bit late Andy it is all over now! πŸ˜‰ Also means you're welcome in french!!! πŸ˜›

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
29 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
Your a bit late Andy it is all over now!
I explained all this several pages back but some of you overlooked the fact that de nada is a Spanish expression.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
I explained all this several pages back but some of you overlooked the fact that de nada is a Spanish expression.
Pianoman1 said:

What do you think Andy? Do you speak French or understand it?

-VR

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
29 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
LOL@ pianoman...I see you've joined the club. Weclome hope you can take as much as you dish out.

Is that what you do in the real world hide under a stone when trouble starts? πŸ˜‰

That would be as much a cowardly act as joining a group who goes after one person. πŸ˜›

-VR
Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Read a book!

Moves
29 Aug 19

@very-rusty said
What do you think Andy? Do you speak French or understand it?
Yes, what's your question?