Why was…

Why was…

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jun 22

@kilroy70 said
From you?
Sure, I'm as eager to get advice from you as you are in taking advice.

By the way, what "advice" do you think I was offering to fmf?
I have no advice to offer either one of you. If there was anything useful you can take from all that "stuff" I typed then great, good for you.
You seem perturbed.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jun 22

@kilroy70 said
No. The reason is there's nothing more I would do here to justify paying a subscription. The only upside would be no ads. But ads don't bother or distract me, so no real benefit in paying to get rid of them.

If the "free" part of this arraignment someday goes away, and being here becomes a strictly pay for play proposition, then I'll either pay or go somewhere else... but this would all depend on how personally important it is for me to be here.
All this by you seems a little irrelevant considering you haven’t made a chess move in 81 days.

Moves
06 Jun 22

@kilroy70 said
I don't think I can. It's already naturally and 100% organically funny without my input.

But if anyone could make this any funnier than it already is, that would be Mr Bean.
Mr. Bean was silent.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jun 22
2 edits

K
within reason

Moves
06 Jun 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
You seem perturbed.
You seem to be clueless.

I'm not offering FREE advice if that's what you were expecting. Come on, get real. Grow up.
How many people do you imagine want advice with no monetary value? What are you, some kind of bum standing on a street corner with his hand stretched out, waiting for tidbits of wisdom to just drop into his hand?
Where is the value? Do you also value discarded buttons and used chewing gum and pieces of string you find on the ground? Who is going to take anything you say seriously if you settle for scraps no one else wants.

So my advise to you is...

wait for it...

OH - COME - ON! Wake up!
Haven't you been listening? Put your grimy hand back in your pocket.
I'm not giving out FREE advice!

K
within reason

Moves
06 Jun 22

@divegeester said
All this by you seems a little irrelevant considering you haven’t made a chess move in 81 days.
That's a great selling point!

You've nearly convinced me to pay for the privilege of reading your thought provoking comments. Keep going, you are ever so infinitely close to closing the deal!

K
within reason

Moves
06 Jun 22

@shallow-blue said
Mr. Bean was silent.
Not always. When he did speak he came across as someone having great wisdom and authority... and wisdom.

and authority.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Jun 22

@kilroy70 said
You seem to be clueless.

I'm not offering FREE advice if that's what you were expecting. Come on, get real. Grow up.
How many people do you imagine want advice with no monetary value? What are you, some kind of bum standing on a street corner with his hand stretched out, waiting for tidbits of wisdom to just drop into his hand?
Where is the value? Do you also value disc ...[text shortened]... aven't you been listening? Put your grimy hand back in your pocket.
I'm not giving out FREE advice!
Now you seem upset.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Jun 22

@kilroy70 said
That's a great selling point!

You've nearly convinced me to pay for the privilege of reading your thought provoking comments. Keep going, you are ever so infinitely close to closing the deal!
Why would you be posting a bunch of waffle about wether you would subscribe or not when clearly your account is merely a sock puppet through which you can vent your online disinhibition?

K
within reason

Moves
07 Jun 22

@divegeester said
Now you seem upset.
Ha!
You wish

K
within reason

Moves
07 Jun 22

@divegeester said
Why would you be posting a bunch of waffle about wether you would subscribe or not when clearly your account is merely a sock puppet through which you can vent your online disinhibition?
If this is so you and your faithful sidekick can thank yourselves for it.
I started off here (the message boards) interested in pursuing a topic someone you don't like brought up. And apparently you two felt it was your duty and God given right to muck up his thread with childish trolling.
It appears the only topic you two are interested in pursuing is yourselves.
And now you're crying because the focus is on you?
Even though you don't deserve it, I'll make an exception in your case and give you one piece of free advice. That's right, FREE!
If you don't want this to be about you, then stop sticking your nose into conversations that have nothing to do with you.

And if you see a sign that says "Warning. Bridge is out", ignore it. Or better yet, hit the gas and speed up.

F

Moves
07 Jun 22

??

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jun 22

@fmf said
??
Puzzled, over your head? 🙂

-VR

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
07 Jun 22

@kilroy70 said
If this is so you and your faithful sidekick can thank yourselves for it.
I started off here (the message boards) interested in pursuing a topic someone you don't like brought up. And apparently you two felt it was your duty and God given right to muck up his thread with childish trolling.
It appears the only topic you two are interested in pursuing is yourselves.
And now ...[text shortened]... u see a sign that says "Warning. Bridge is out", ignore it. Or better yet, hit the gas and speed up.
Well this is my thread and it’s you who is “sticking your nose” into it! Anyway never mind all that obfuscation and flannel…

I’m asking you why you are in my thread making a big deal about wether you will or won’t subscribe when you haven’t made a chess move in 82 days?

It appears to me that your profile here is just a vehicle for you to vent your online disinhibition.

K
within reason

Moves
07 Jun 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Well this is my thread and it’s you who is “sticking your nose” into it! Anyway never mind all that obfuscation and flannel…

I’m asking you why you are in my thread making a big deal about wether you will or won’t subscribe when you haven’t made a chess move in 82 days?

It appears to me that your profile here is just a vehicle for you to vent your online disinhibition.
Seeing how it's YOUR thread one might wonder just how it is you were able to misread and mangle the meaning of what was said.

1. Someone asked me a yes or no question
2. I answered the question and gave a reason for my anwer
3. He thanked me for giving an honest answer

That's it. That's all there was to it.
So what part of that exchange did you find to be so awful and terribly offensive?

You're the only one I see here making a big deal over this. Maybe you can persuade fmf to join you. You know, make it a joint effort in pretending to be offended. After all two heads are better than one... or so I've heard.