Why is this forum dying?

Why is this forum dying?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by empovsun

do you think that is what russ intended?
maybe he did it to keep the peace?
"do you think that is what russ intended?"

Of course not, empovsun. This General Forum is Home Base for many, if not most all, active site posters. In any realm, people eventually go where what they're in need of and looking for can be found (with the least inconvenience and hassle).

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Here's your formula for failure, Bobby:

There are 24 posts in this thread and 10 of them are yours.

What have we learned so far?
I miss you, Andy. You are such a wise and funny man.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Sunburnt
.... and there are 93 posts now.

Read a book!

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by Sunburnt
The funniest part is that I'm trying to be serious. I miss you too.

Read a book!

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
.... and there are 93 posts now.
How many are yours? Maybe 39 or 40?

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
25 Jul 13

"do you think that is what russ intended?"

Of course not, empovsun. This General Forum is Home Base for many, if not most all, active site posters. In any realm, people eventually go where what they're in need of and looking for can be found (with the least inconvenience and hassle).
so all the homers are made here? 😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by empovsun
so all the homers are made here? 😀
... grand slam homers in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and a full count, regular homers, triple, doubles, singles, sacrifice flys, walks, hit batters, pinch hitters and runners, strikeouts, rain delays and ejections for poor sportsmanship.... yep, Russ & Chris arranged the site in such a way that this forum has been the epicenter of Red Hot Pawn since 2001. all other forums are attached by an invisible umbilical cord; private clubs and clans are satellites in orbits of their own. aren't you glad you joined the finest online correspondence chess/multiple message center site opportunity in the known world? i am. (gb)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 13

How many are yours? Maybe 39 or 40?
... dunno; shouldn't a man's post/thread count equal his iq or weight or shoe size or age?
anyway, gb's policy in such arcane matters is, 'what's his is yours'.

footnote: John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

Read a book!

Moves
25 Jul 13

... dunno; shouldn't a man's post/thread count equal his iq or weight or shoe size or age?
anyway, gb's policy in such arcane matters is, 'what's his is yours'.

footnote: John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."
What does laying down your life for your friends have to do with talking too much?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jul 13
1 edit

What does laying down your life for your friends have to do with talking too much?
"... dunno; shouldn't a man's post/thread count equal his iq or weight or shoe size or age" or coffin size?

old pueblo

Moves
25 Jul 13

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
The forum interface could do with a revamp. Although Russ & Co. may prefer users to be playing chess rather than using forums too much, and the servers could (dunno) be put under more strain by an improved interface. Youtube embedding, or at least clickable web links would be nice.
I thought you could do clickable web links with the greasemonkey addons (or whatever it was ... it's been a while...)

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
25 Jul 13

You can, but only if you're using Firefox.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jul 13
4 edits

It isn't dying, Bobby. Clean your glasses.
General Forum Post Mix Comparison: June 29 to July 29, 2013 (Page One)

No Percentage Comparisons. Hard Numbers only: June 29 to Monday July 29, 2013:

"WAG": 23,285 Posts in Four Threads on RHP's General Forum:
(A-Z Word Association Game; Word Association Game 2; Last letter of previous word - A to Z - Word as...; Word assoc. Z-A): [23,841 = +556 / 30 Days = +18.5 per day]<<<--- ~o-o~

"STG": 8,183 Posts in One Thread on RHP's General Forum: [8,235 = +52 / 30 days = +1.7 per day]<- ~o-o~

"General Conversation": 891 Posts in the twenty five (25) other General Forum threads: [1,195 = +304 / 30 days = +10.1 per day]<<-- ~o-o~

Total Posts: 32,359 Posts on RHP's General Forum, Page One. [33,271 = +912 / 30 days = +30.4 per day*]

*Note: On August 31, 2013, this comparison will be updated. Let's hope there's dramatic overall post volume improvement. Thirty posts (30.4) per day is significantly too few. ~Bobby with "clean glasses": ~o-o~ lol

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
30 Jul 13

[b]General Forum Post Mix Comparison: June 29 to July 29, 2013 (Page One)

No Percentage Comparisons. Hard Numbers only: June 29 to Monday July 29, 2013:

"WAG": 23,285 Posts in Four Threads on RHP's General Forum:
(A-Z Word Association Game; Word Association Game 2; Last letter of previous word - A to Z - Word as...; Word assoc. Z-A): ...[text shortened]... .4) per day is significantly too few. ~Bobby with "clean glasses": ~o-o~ lol[/b]
How about you hold your breath for 20 minutes or so?

rc

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
How about you hold your breath for 20 minutes or so?
you go first 😉