Why is this forum dying?

Why is this forum dying?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
What's a WAG?
"Word Association Game"

IP

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by JS357
Yes but, there are regulars at the Spirituality Forum who can be relied upon in a Pavlovian sense to regurgitate the JW/anti-JW and Christian/atheist themes which keep threads alive but add no new content to previous threads on the same topics. So the GF regulars would be foolish to try to emulate the SF regulars, for thread longevity, by this means.
That's kind of what I was trying to say only you put it much better. And thanks, Bob, for the advice on the edit feature, when it comes to matters technological one is still banging the rocks together. And by the way, this is turning into an interesting thread, is it not, which has a nice irony about it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by JS357
Yes but, there are regulars at the Spirituality Forum who can be relied upon in a Pavlovian sense to regurgitate the JW/anti-JW and Christian/atheist themes which keep threads alive but add no new content to previous threads on the same topics. So the GF regulars would be foolish to try to emulate the SF regulars, for thread longevity, by this means.
"Yes but, there are regulars at the Spirituality Forum who can be relied upon in a Pavlovian sense to regurgitate the JW/anti-JW and Christian/atheist themes which keep threads alive but add no new content to previous threads on the same topics. So the GF regulars would be foolish to try to emulate the SF regulars, for thread longevity, by this means." (JS357)

JS, the difference is qualitative: 100% of All Spirituality Forum Threads and Posts are (by your own description) conversational in nature. Zero Games. Less than 3% of All General Forum Threads and Posts are conversational. (gb)

Footnote: 891/32,359 = 2.75%. Please see the thread titled, "WAG & STG & General Conversation", started on this date.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
That's kind of what I was trying to say only you put it much better. And thanks, Bob, for the advice on the edit feature, when it comes to matters technological one is still banging the rocks together. And by the way, this is turning into an interesting thread, is it not, which has a nice irony about it.
"... has a nice irony about it." | Irony antidotes frustration and trumps both bullying and 'sincerity'. Somewhere, sometime in a quiet pub I'll tell you about an interesting word sandwich hiding in your dictionary, which isn't for lunch today or ever. lol

Moves
29 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"... has a nice irony about it." | Irony antidotes frustration and trumps both bullying and 'sincerity'. Somewhere, sometime in a quiet pub I'll tell you about an interesting word sandwich hiding in your dictionary, which isn't for lunch today or ever. lol
Ooooh, what kind? Maybe you could make an exception? Can I have mine on rye bread with Mayo please?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Ooooh, what kind? Maybe you could make an exception? Can I have mine on rye bread with Mayo please?
No time for sandwiches w/ mayo and small talk, Stees.

The Red Hot Pawn General Forum has finally begun percolating.

Wonder why, especially since the WAGS are still here.

lol

Moves
30 Jun 13

"Word Association Game"
Shows how much attention I'm paying ...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Shows how much attention I'm paying ...
Seriously, Dive, why the increase in thread birthing?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Jul 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Here's your formula for failure, Bobby:

There are 24 posts in this thread and 10 of them are yours.

What have we learned so far?
So, what are you suggesting?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Jul 13

So, what are you suggesting?
I suggest the following:

#follow your own rules.

# get your definitions correct. A thread is dead after it became inactive for 60 days and is closed. Otherwise it still lives and can easily be revived.

# If you want a measure of living threads, it's not the number of posts in them. Look at the time span on page 1 on page 2... You will notice that now there are red bubbles on page 1...There have been times (since the advent of the colour scheming)when the yellow and green ones went well into page 2.

# You new club will probably divert further posting from the GF.

' Oh and there is summer now in middle Europe, reduce your expectations on Europeans posting under these circumstances.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Jul 13

Originally posted by Ponderable
I suggest the following:

#follow your own rules.

# get your definitions correct. A thread is dead after it became inactive for 60 days and is closed. Otherwise it still lives and can easily be revived.

# If you want a measure of living threads, it's not the number of posts in them. Look at the time span on page 1 on page 2... You will no tice tha ...[text shortened]... now in middle Europe, reduce your expectations on Europeans posting under these circumstances.
Excellent points. Actually, General Forum posting frequency may well gradually improve with the opening of Camelot Oasis in Space next Tuesday. It's sole emphasis on relaxed conversation (rather than serious world events or word games) may cross fertilize the present mind set. People gravitate to places and things with promise of fulfilling their needs. Hope you'll join.

Z

Moves
19 Jul 13

Excellent points. Actually, General Forum posting frequency may well gradually improve with the opening of Camelot Oasis in Space next Tuesday. It's sole emphasis on relaxed conversation (rather than serious world events or word games) may cross fertilize the present mind set. People gravitate to places and things with promise of fulfilling their needs. Hope you'll join.
The last thing this place needs is another receptacle for your brand of inane chit chat. What it needs is more edge and more varied participants. Can you provide that?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Zamboner
The last thing this place needs is another receptacle for your brand of inane chit chat. What it needs is more edge and more varied participants. Can you provide that?
You bet, since some of the finest posters on this site will be there.
Trolls, Spammers, Flamers and Immature Adults not allowed.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
19 Jul 13

we need a brothel in there
yea thats the ticket 🙂

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Jul 13

Originally posted by empovsun
we need a brothel in there
yea thats the ticket 🙂
Probably the place where a lot of creative new posts are thought of?