1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 08:58
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Cashew nuts are actually seeds.
    We have cashew nut trees in the garden. The nut is not entirely encased in the fruit, which when ripe looks a bit like a small red plum, but sort of hangs out of the bottom of it. The fruit is acidic to the touch, so gloves should be worn when extracting the nuts, one nut per fruit, which is probably why they are expensive. Definitely a seed, though....
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 09:45
    @the-gravedigger said
    The greatest lie the Devil ever told was telling the world he didn't exist.
    'convincing' the world.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 09:49
    @indonesia-phil said
    We have cashew nut trees in the garden. The nut is not entirely encased in the fruit, which when ripe looks a bit like a small red plum, but sort of hangs out of the bottom of it. The fruit is acidic to the touch, so gloves should be worn when extracting the nuts, one nut per fruit, which is probably why they are expensive. Definitely a seed, though....
    I didn't know know this recently, stayed in a place with cashew trees. At first wondered what the horrible smell was.
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 09:51
    @a-unique-nickname said
    'convincing' the world.
    The actual quote is 'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.' However I didn't attribute it to Baudelaire as my version is nonsensical to fit the thread.
  5. Joined
    19 Jul '19
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 11:07
    After thorough testing, I can confirm that my cat definitely did not have nine lives
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 12:16
    @pieceout said
    After thorough testing, I can confirm that my cat definitely did not have nine lives
    Ooops
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 14:14
    In Thailand, they drive on the left. A guy I met in a transit lounge in Kuala Lumpur lied to me about this in 1993.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 08:05
    @the-gravedigger said
    The actual quote is 'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.' However I didn't attribute it to Baudelaire as my version is nonsensical to fit the thread.
    The Usual Suspects, 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Usual_Suspects
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 12:20
    “Money doesn’t grow on trees”? Tell that to certain of my family. I am that tree…apparently.😲
  10. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 12:37
    @suzianne said
    The Usual Suspects, 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Usual_Suspects
    Love that film. Must watch it again soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree