The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
14 Aug 21

@ogb

how about Jack Karouac, "On the Road", "Dharma Bums"

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Aug 21

@earl-of-trumps said
@ogb

how about Jack Karouac, "On the Road", "Dharma Bums"
American classics, I will have to try at least one of them, thanks.

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Aug 21

@medullah said
The question is Stees: "would Kevin survive in a village set in a medieval setting surrounded by werewolves?"
Well, would he? 🙂 Exciting thought.

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Aug 21

@ogb said
Catcher In the Rye ? JD Salinger...
I love that book.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
14 Aug 21

@Kevin-Eleven

Very true, but as this is an inn and the brew is flowing, you have to allow for detours ;-)

Moves
15 Aug 21

@medullah said
@Kevin-Eleven

Very true, but as this is an inn and the brew is flowing, you have to allow for detours ;-)
Or at the very least, “pit stops”.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Aug 21

@great-big-stees said
Or at the very least, “pit stops”.
Very quiet today, is it because it's Sunday?

mlb62

Moves
15 Aug 21

@torunn said
I love that book.
so true..Holden Cauldfield what a perfect name... too bad Salinger was a "One Hit Wonder"...

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Aug 21

@ogb said
so true..Holden Cauldfield what a perfect name... too bad Salinger was a "One Hit Wonder"...
When Salinger was asked if he would agree to a film based on his book, he said: Holden wouldn't like that.

Moves
22 Aug 21

Hello . . .

Anyone home?

It's strange outside. The town seems deserted, newspapers are blowing down the street, and there's a strange tinge to the sky.

I felt that maybe here I could scavenge a moment of relative normality.

Moves
22 Aug 21

@medullah said
The question is Stees: "would Kevin survive in a village set in a medieval setting surrounded by werewolves?"
It's a great question, but I don't know the answer. No idea whether the villagers or the werewolves would attack me first.

I seem to have a natural talent for magic, but several decades ago I decided not to develop my skills because of the responsibilities and consequences involved for active practitioners.

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Aug 21

@kevin-eleven said
Hello . . .

Anyone home?

It's strange outside. The town seems deserted, newspapers are blowing down the street, and there's a strange tinge to the sky.

I felt that maybe here I could scavenge a moment of relative normality.
Hi there, and welcome to this dilapidated part of town. There has been a huge water leak covering most streets in our block. Fortunately it is under control but so much has been destroyed. Stees has been fighting with insurance companies for days and I hear "force majeure" being mentioned. Stees can tell you more. I just noticed we have electricity back so let me check the coffee machine. Back soon.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
22 Aug 21

Forget the coffee machine, do the beer pumps have power ?

Moves
22 Aug 21

@torunn said
Hi there, and welcome to this dilapidated part of town. There has been a huge water leak covering most streets in our block. Fortunately it is under control but so much has been destroyed. Stees has been fighting with insurance companies for days and I hear "force majeure" being mentioned. Stees can tell you more. I just noticed we have electricity back so let me check the coffee machine. Back soon.
Yes I have been tied up with our lawyers and insurance company. I pointed out, to our insurance agent the last little line in our policy. He just about fainted asking how that got into the wording? I reminded him about the evening when we met to do the deal. He said he remembered very little of the meeting after, “ meeting” my PA Alvira.😲 The costs of repair are taken care of. Now I know it’s a bit messy here at the moment but we still strive to keep the place going, so who wants what?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
22 Aug 21

@great-big-stees said
Yes I have been tied up with our lawyers and insurance company. I pointed out, to our insurance agent the last little line in our policy. He just about fainted asking how that got into the wording? I reminded him about the evening when we met to do the deal. He said he remembered very little of the meeting after, “ meeting” my PA Alvira.😲 The costs of repair are taken ...[text shortened]... it’s a bit messy here at the moment but we still strive to keep the place going, so who wants what?
Lets celebrate.
Bring wodka !