The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
06 Aug 21

@torunn said
Yes, we hid one packet in the bookshelf behind J.D. Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" and another packet behind "Gone with the Wind".
You should have hidden them behind the Bible. They would haver been safe there.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
06 Aug 21

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Aug 21

@the-gravedigger said
You should have hidden them behind the Bible. They would haver been safe there.
Thanks, but we had already hidden the Bible as they tend to be stolen too. 🙂

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
07 Aug 21

bunch of heathens

Moves
07 Aug 21

@lemondrop said
bunch of heathens
Can I get an amen?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
07 Aug 21

@great-big-stees said
Can I get an amen?
how about a hymen?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 21

@torunn said
Thanks, but we had already hidden the Bible as they tend to be stolen too. 🙂
I only borrowed it forgot to ask, I'll bring it back tomorrow or the next day. 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Aug 21

@very-rusty said
I only borrowed it forgot to ask, I'll bring it back tomorrow or the next day. 🙂

-VR
Did you think there were things here for anyone to borrow...? Anything in the kitchen you might need, when you're still at it? 🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Aug 21

@torunn said
Did you think there were things here for anyone to borrow...? Anything in the kitchen you might need, when you're still at it? 🙂
And you are welcome back with the book.

Moves
08 Aug 21

I found out what happened to that case of rye.seems someone, mistakenly, put it in the wine cellar by “mistake”. Now I’m not naming names but their initials are Kevin Eleven. He wasn’t aware of the camera disguised as a bottle of Chablis.👍

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Aug 21

@great-big-stees said
I found out what happened to that case of rye.seems someone, mistakenly, put it in the wine cellar by “mistake”. Now I’m not naming names but their initials are Kevin Eleven. He wasn’t aware of the camera disguised as a bottle of Chablis.👍
where is the cheese board?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Aug 21

@badradger said
where is the cheese board?
It's in safe hands...

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
08 Aug 21

@great-big-stees said
Ah.

Well, don't worry too much about @Kevin-Eleven, I am sure he is just reciting poetry to that case of rye.

Moves
08 Aug 21
3 edits

@Stees and @Torunn -- Sorry that I haven't been in touch to explain my absence from work. I've been retired for a few years and forget that contacting the boss in case of an absence is a thing employees are expected to do.

[Actually, I do remember, but to hell with that! I am free now and will never report to anyone ever again. No disrespect intended to the two of you, of course.]

Well, a few days ago I woke up to some fast-onset fever chills which turned into a mild fever that lasted for a few hours. If that was the Delta variant, I'm glad I already had my shots. Kinda scary to think how that might have gone without the vax. Trying not to be a spreader in case I am still contagious.

And I know this other thing is not really an acceptable excuse, but recently I have fallen in love with a young actor from Taiwan (online only, so we are practicing safe distancing) and this has been like a lotus depth-charge dropped into my soul. Going through some changes here. All positive ones, though! 🙂

Moves
08 Aug 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Ah.

Well, don't worry too much about @Kevin-Eleven, I am sure he is just reciting poetry to that case of rye.
Don't be ridiculous, Earl. The rye just primes the pump.

I am out naked in the street shouting poetry at my neighbors whether they like it or not.