1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 03:22
    [I should let someone else set up the next contestant/applicant for the tavern's breakfast chef.]
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 12:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    [I should let someone else set up the next contestant/applicant for the tavern's breakfast chef.]
    Excited to announce that we have received an application from a Mr. William (call me Wild Bill) MacPherson, late of New York's, Hell's Kitchen (sounds hot). Apparently he was the owner of a food truck, serving breakfasts to the down and out. Now he's mentioned that on returning to his "establishment" he found that, not only had someone absconded with it's tires but it had been torched, which I suppose, considering it's "address" kinda made sense (Hell). I will go over all the applications for the position and make a decision shortly. In the meantime...can I get anything for anyone?
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 12:11
    @Great-Big-Stees
    Pint of lager and one for yourself.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 12:17
    @relentless-red said
    @Great-Big-Stees
    Pint of lager and one for yourself.
    Here you go sir and thanks, don't mind if I do...cheers. So tell me, what's new?
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 12:22
    @great-big-stees said
    Here you go sir and thanks, don't mind if I do...cheers. So tell me, what's new?
    Scottish black pudding. Bought some the other day. It's not like the stuff I'm used to at all. More kind of haggisey. Really enjoyed it. Not that I would want to direct your new breakfast chef of course. When does he start?
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 13:21
    @relentless-red said
    Scottish black pudding. Bought some the other day. It's not like the stuff I'm used to at all. More kind of haggisey. Really enjoyed it. Not that I would want to direct your new breakfast chef of course. When does he start?
    Hopefully as soon as I make my choice and they are available, in a timely manner. Since I took over the task our patrons are not coming back for more of my offerings, of the food type that is. 😢 Speaking of blood pudding. I was in a "Scottish" shop a while back and got some of the said pudding and was quite happy with it's consistency, not too "grainy".
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 13:51
    @great-big-stees said
    Hopefully as soon as I make my choice and they are available, in a timely manner. Since I took over the task our patrons are not coming back for more of my offerings, of the food type that is. 😢 Speaking of blood pudding. I was in a "Scottish" shop a while back and got some of the said pudding and was quite happy with it's consistency, not too "grainy".
    I pop in now and then to see if the idea of a smörgåsbord has materialized. It doesn't have to be complete - just a little of the most popular variety.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 20:06
    @torunn said
    I pop in now and then to see if the idea of a smörgåsbord has materialized. It doesn't have to be complete - just a little of the most popular variety.
    What would happen if a smörgåsbord collided with a full English breakfast?
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 20:261 edit
    @handyandy said
    What would happen if a smörgåsbord collided with a full English breakfast?
    I think it would make it better. We would have hot dishes in a smörgåsbord, but I can't remember having seen bacon, scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes, toast or marmalade in it. But I may be wrong. Big places, hotel restaurants and such have more complete smörgåsbord than smaller places, and I mostly look for my favourites anyway. 🙂
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 01:36
    @torunn said
    I think it would make it better. We would have hot dishes in a smörgåsbord, but I can't remember having seen bacon, scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes, toast or marmalade in it. But I may be wrong. Big places, hotel restaurants and such have more complete smörgåsbord than smaller places, and I mostly look for my favourites anyway. 🙂
    YouTube
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 07:14
    @handyandy said
    [youtube]sY_Yf4zz-yo[/youtube]
    Something like that, yes. 🙂
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 23:42
    @torunn said
    Something like that, yes. 🙂
    It’ll never fly.🤫
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:58
    @torunn said
    I like the idea of combining the two (smörgåsbord and English Breakfast) -- actually we should have a kind of global buffet with breakfast dishes from around the world.

Chess is international (and I think it's one of the things that helps keep the world tied together), so I think the breakfast buffet should be, too.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 May '21 11:25
    @kevin-eleven said
    I like the idea of combining the two (smörgåsbord and English Breakfast) -- actually we should have a kind of global buffet with breakfast dishes from around the world.

Chess is international (and I think it's one of the things that helps keep the world tied together), so I think the breakfast buffet should be, too.
    A possibility. It sounds, on the surface, a good idea but what about the countries who don't see "eye to eye". Their foods would have to be separated by a, Oh I don't know, maybe a mixture of country's foods kinda like a food "Blue Berets"? 🤔
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 May '21 06:40
    @great-big-stees said
    A possibility. It sounds, on the surface, a good idea but what about the countries who don't see "eye to eye". Their foods would have to be separated by a, Oh I don't know, maybe a mixture of country's foods kinda like a food "Blue Berets"? 🤔
    A little of everything, I would say. And a bit to the side oysters, chèvre, eel... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree