The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
10 Apr 21

@great-big-stees said
Might I suggest that you be the official tester of, the hopeful Japanese sous-chef's, full English breakfasts? 🤔
Ready and waiting. 😁

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Apr 21

@kevin-eleven said
Oh, wait. Is feta usually made from goat's milk? I love feta cheese.
Sheep's milk and goat's milk, mostly. It varies between manufacterers as to how much of what.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Apr 21

@relentless-red said
Ready and waiting. 😁
Can they do it group style, like Benihana's?

Moves
10 Apr 21

@suzianne said
Can they do it group style, like Benihana's?
We can arrange anything your heart desires. That's the beauty of imagination.

Moves
10 Apr 21
1 edit

@relentless-red said
Ready and waiting. 😁
Today's contestant/applicant is sous-chef Shigeo "Clive" Yamamoto from Osaka.

Hoping you could give us a review of his Full English, if you feel up to it afterwards. 😉

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
10 Apr 21

avoid chefs with missing fingers

Moves
10 Apr 21

@lemondrop said
avoid chefs with missing fingers
I think it would be smarter not to eat anything offered, for your dining pleasure, by any chef missing fingers...unless you have cannibalistic tastes, of course.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Apr 21

@great-big-stees said
I think it would be smarter not to eat anything offered, for your dining pleasure, by any chef missing fingers...unless you have cannibalistic tastes, of course.
I once cut off a tiny part of the tip of my little finger when slicing tomatoes. I don't quality for kitchen work.

SRB

Moves
11 Apr 21
1 edit

@kevin-eleven said
Today's contestant/applicant is sous-chef Shigeo "Clive" Yamamoto from Osaka.

Hoping you could give us a review of his Full English, if you feel up to it afterwards. 😉
For me a good English breakfast hangs on the quantity of sausage, bacon, black pudding, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, fried eggs, toast and tea (refills should be infinite for tea and toast). The butter on the toast should be sufficient to clog a minor artery. Today I felt the breakfast might get me through until 11a.m, but no later, and the eggs were sufficiently runny to mix well with the sauce from the beans which is of course essential when wiping the plate with the toast. However, I'm afraid to say there was a strong taste of herbs in the sausages. I did say 'English'.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Apr 21

@relentless-red said
For me a good English breakfast hangs on the quantity of sausage, bacon, black pudding, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, fried eggs, toast and tea (refills should be infinite for tea and toast). The butter on the toast should be sufficient to clog a minor artery. Today I felt the breakfast might get me through until 11a.m, but no later, and the eggs were suffic ...[text shortened]... . However, I'm afraid to say there was a strong taste of herbs in the sausages. I did say 'English'.
I had toast.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Apr 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I had toast.
Coffee and toast for me, and marmalade.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Apr 21

@relentless-red said
For me a good English breakfast hangs on the quantity of sausage, bacon, black pudding, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, fried eggs, toast and tea (refills should be infinite for tea and toast). The butter on the toast should be sufficient to clog a minor artery. Today I felt the breakfast might get me through until 11a.m, but no later, and the eggs were suffic ...[text shortened]... . However, I'm afraid to say there was a strong taste of herbs in the sausages. I did say 'English'.
How many calories would that be?

SRB

Moves
11 Apr 21

@torunn said
How many calories would that be?
That's the beauty of the virtual world. I think I'll have another one! 😁

When I was younger I used to meet up with friends and have that before the match. Certainly kept you warm. We used to go to the café next door to the Richmond Arms near the ground. The café was run by the perfect gentleman who was also the landlord of the pub next door. One time my friend's friend left a derby ticket on the table in the café and the landlord took it next door to find him in the pub!

Moves
11 Apr 21

@torunn said
I once cut off a tiny part of the tip of my little finger when slicing tomatoes. I don't quality for kitchen work.
It obviously didn't interfere with your secretarial prowess, right?

Moves
11 Apr 21

@relentless-red said
Sounds a lot like a normal Scottish (Highland's) breaky but missing the "key" ingredient...a dram, or two...to warm the cockles.
Now who wants something to drink?