1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Apr '21 16:341 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Just a sip, and you're going to be wearing the rest!

To the tavern staff: I'll be happy to mop up afterwards.
    I won't be wearing the rest from where I am sitting at the moment. 😛 🙂

You may however need a mop and be running to the washroom shortly.

-VR
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    12 Apr '21 17:59
    @great-big-stees said
    Well sir you are in luck. Today I booked her in our "fantasy lounge" for a two night show. Because she charges so much I had to OK it with our benefactor, who reminded me that I wasn't to worry about any expenses and that he trusted me completely, to get the best for his money and our patrons desires.
    I'm going to tell her all of my secrets
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 00:31
    @lemondrop said
    Well that won’t take long.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 04:02
    @lemondrop said
    Guys are so weak.
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 04:08
    @suzianne said
    Guys are so weak.
    Some guys.

Some guys by necessity learn how to live like spies. 😉
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 04:13
    @great-big-stees said
    Well that won’t take long.
    Hmm. Although I have never been to a house of physical pleasures, I seem to have learned that perhaps the greater gift in such places is the art of conversation. What some might think the few and brief secrets of a person might turn out to be precious and manifold.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 06:01
    @kevin-eleven said
    Hmm. Although I have never been to a house of physical pleasures, I seem to have learned that perhaps the greater gift in such places is the art of conversation. What some might think the few and brief secrets of a person might turn out to be precious and manifold.
    Art of conversation makes me think if geishas.
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 06:40
    @torunn said
    Art of conversation makes me think if geishas.
    yes
    highly educated and beautiful
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 11:08
    stees brought in a couple of geishas awhile back
    where'd they go?
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 12:15
    @lemondrop said
    stees brought in a couple of geishas awhile back
    where'd they go?
    They are still around and at the moment are engaged in conversation with Hideki Matsuyama about my favourite activity.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 12:16
    @kevin-eleven said
    Now when you say manifold, is that spy code for, "put the bomb in the car's engine"?
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 15:46
    @great-big-stees said
    They are still around and at the moment are engaged in conversation with Hideki Matsuyama about my favourite activity.
    I am aware Mr Matsuyama may prefer talking to people who play golf. I don't, but I still would like to have his views of golf-related things. Would he agree to that?
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 17:51
    Our next contestant/applicant for the position of breakfast chef honed his skills in the kitchens of Fuchu High-Security Prison. Entering now in his bespoke black-leather chef's coat and hat, please welcome Masanobu "Killer" Tanaka!

(and his entourage)
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 21:12
    @kevin-eleven said
    Our next contestant/applicant for the position of breakfast chef honed his skills in the kitchens of Fuchu High-Security Prison. Entering now in his bespoke black-leather chef's coat and hat, please welcome Masanobu "Killer" Tanaka!

(and his entourage)
    Exciting!
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 03:12
    "Killer" Tanaka looks out the window of the tavern, hoping that @lemondrop is okay.

During the daytime the colors are muted but natural, and this is fine. At night the contrast between the dark and the artificial is not so pleasant.

So many customers have fled, perhaps out of fear. It must have seemed strange that Tanaka caught a badly thrown and potentially injurious dart while he was also back in the kitchen.

Tanaka likes, even prefers, mundanity and ordinariness. Tradition more than novelty. Perhaps this was reflected in his "Full English Breakfast" in some unexpected way.

No insouciance intended, no sarcasm, no irony, only appreciation and respect.

Japanese starlet who smiles behind her hand: "If you say so. 😉"

Vintage astrologer of some repute: "You have somehow shown us that the ordinary is extraordinary, but in an overly modest way."

Foxy young kendo star in a classy and subtle suit and tie combo: "Thank you, Sensei. You have shown me breakfast in a new light."

Lewis: "Professor Leighton was a big fan of Original Iron Chef and now he can't be found for questioning. I almost feel as if we're being mocked. Another pint?"

Hathaway: "Thank you, but I'd better not. As for Tanaka and this tavern . . . I think in some overworld there are lines and currents . . . "

Tanaka: "But this is not where they cross. Don't worry, Hathaway Leon, I have thought the same. May you and yours and all beings throughout the Cosmos be happy, healthy, and well."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree