the first line of yer novel

the first line of yer novel

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Apr 20

On his first night in Stevenage, he sat alone in a pub and felt a familiar anaesthetizing anxiety descending upon him. Oh no, he thought to himself, this feels like Letchworth all over again.

Moves
14 Apr 20

Suddenly there was a flash of lightning yet there were no clouds to be seen.

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Apr 20

@petewxyz said
For a moment he was captivated by the purposeful walk of a young woman, dressed for a working lunch with a determined look and a smart tailored suit.
From his table at the fashionable Metropol restaurant, Richard had a perfect view of people walking up and down the small street connected to Bayswater Road. For a moment he was captivated by the purposeful walk of a young woman, dressed for a working lunch with a determined look and a smart tailored suit. "A lunch date perhaps", he thought, trying to recall when he last had one.

F

Moves
14 Apr 20

"Would you give me one," she said to him. She was literally an actress, and he was literally a bishop.

SRB

Moves
14 Apr 20

@torunn said
From his table at the fashionable Metropol restaurant, Richard had a perfect view of people walking up and down the small street connected to Bayswater Road. For a moment he was captivated by the purposeful walk of a young woman, dressed for a working lunch with a determined look and a smart tailored suit. "A lunch date perhaps", he thought, trying to recall when he last had one.

"Richard, sorry, the traffic was horrendous" for an instant the familiar voice felt intrusive. He felt embarrassed to be caught off guard with so much at stake and covered his tracks with a somewhat overzealous greeting.

F

Moves
14 Apr 20

It was his cat who heard it first.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
14 Apr 20

They called me a fairy but not anymore.

Gothenburg

Moves
14 Apr 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
From his table at the fashionable Metropol restaurant, Richard had a perfect view of people walking up and down the small street connected to Bayswater Road. For a moment he was captivated by the purposeful walk of a young woman, dressed for a working lunch with a determined look and a smart tailored suit. "A lunch date perhaps", he thought, trying to recall when he last had ...[text shortened]... caught off guard with so much at stake and covered his tracks with a somewhat overzealous greeting.
At that moment, the woman in the smart suit entered the restaurant, hesitated for a second but continued towards him.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
14 Apr 20

After shoving my 44's in his face I whispered, "now you know why they call me Terry Busty."

SRB

Moves
14 Apr 20

@torunn said
At that moment, the woman in the smart suit entered the restaurant, hesitated for a second but continued towards him.

"Richard, sorry, the traffic was horrendous" for an instant the familiar voice felt intrusive. He felt embarrassed to be caught off guard with so much at stake and covered his tracks with a somewhat overzealous greeting. At that moment, the woman in the smart suit entered the restaurant, hesitated for a second but continued towards him. When Brian had mentioned an investor who might yet save the company this was not the meeting Richard had imagined, he realised he had been knocked sideways, he was sobered by the thought that perhaps that had been Brian's intention.

F

Moves
14 Apr 20

He had only 263 bullets left, plus one for himself; so, in fact, he had 264 bullets left.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Apr 20

finally, i fit the square peg into the round hole and the hallucinations stopped,
and i was disappointed.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Apr 20

The stranger came early in February, one wintry day, through a biting wind and a driving snow, the last snowfall of the year, over the down, walking as it seemed from Bramblehurst railway station, and carrying a little black portmanteau in his thickly gloved hand, and a bar of chocolate.

(Plagiarised from my favourite novel, The Invisible Man , by H. G. Wells)

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Apr 20

plagiary! he cried,
from the rear,
and the front rank died

sorry roger

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Apr 20

Dawn crept across the dewy golf links, while the city still slept, searching for the panties she had dropped there the night before in a fog.