1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 19:49
    @moonbus said
    There is no such thing as worst chocolate; any chocolate is better than no chocolate.
    His naivety regarding English confectionary would at other times have seemed endearing, evidence indeed of a generous nature, but as the clan members bit into the chocolate that he had purchased it was apparent that this would not be one such occasion.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 20:03
    There were four and twenty of them and they came down from Inverness.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 20:16
    The D'orks from a distant galaxy known only as DSM-5 powered down their enturbulator generators and prepared to push a billion innocent souls out the air locks and into the seething volcanoes below, an act of inter-galactic barbarity which would have expensive consequences for the humans who would one day evolve on that same planet to find their bodies invaded by the etheric ectoplasmic remnants of those not entirely dead entities deposited there at the dawn of time by a certain 3d-rate but clever scifi author known to his minions by the sobriquet ELRON.
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 21:57
    faced with a six deck shoe, loaded with brand new cards, and he still knew the next card up would be a jack -
    he did not understand it, he just knew it
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 23:44
    The darkly lit room emptied out into the early moring cool, leaving behind the smell of stale cigars, cheap bourbon, and Diamond Jim at the felted table gleefully counting his stack of lucre.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 00:30
    Jayapura Airport, departure lounge, 16th April 2003, 1730 hours. He decided that this was going to be the last cigarette he would ever smoke but the story I am about to tell was so exciting and tense at times, he actually ended up smoking loads more cigarettes.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 05:412 edits
    ‘Many have I loved, and many times been bitten; many times I've gazed along the open road’. The lyric sprang into my consciousness like a young buck deer prancing through hushed meadow. ‘Well this time you bit back’ a voice snarked. I didn’t bother looking round because by now I’d become familiar with the icy chill of no one being there. My hands trembled perceptibly and I cursed the weaknesses which had led me to this departure lounge. ’I am aware of what I did!‘ I snapped back, suddenly aware that I was being silently observed by 200 other passengers.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 06:52
    @divegeester said
    ‘Many have I loved, and many times been bitten; many times I've gazed along the open road’. The lyric sprang into my consciousness like a young buck deer prancing through hushed meadow. ‘Well this time you bit back’ a voice snarked. I didn’t bother looking round because by now I’d become familiar with the icy chill of no one being there. My hands trembled pe ...[text shortened]... did!‘[/i] I snapped back, suddenly aware that I was being silently observed by 200 other passengers.
    "If you can get Tom Hardy to play the guy in the airport who's aware of what he did and Charlize Theron to play his next lover who is not yet aware of what he does, do it in Korean, and set it in Seoul, then count me in," said director Bong Joon Ho.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 08:13
    @moonbus said
    There is no such thing as worst chocolate; any chocolate is better than no chocolate.
    I think sir you are overlooking 'white' chocolate. (Or as I call it, 'the devil's food.' )
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 08:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think sir you are overlooking 'white' chocolate. (Or as I call it, 'the devil's food.' )
    "I need more cream!" exclaimed the chef as she wiped an unexpected drop of ganache from her chin.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:24
    @moonbus said
    The D'orks from a distant galaxy known only as DSM-5 powered down their enturbulator generators and prepared to push a billion innocent souls out the air locks and into the seething volcanoes below, an act of inter-galactic barbarity which would have expensive consequences for the humans who would one day evolve on that same planet to find their bodies invaded by the etheric ...[text shortened]... wn of time by a certain 3d-rate but clever scifi author known to his minions by the sobriquet ELRON.
    Once again the galaxies of DSM-5 and ICD-11 had become deadlocked. He wondered whether the universe would simply continue to pour more and more resources into the process of endless meetings and discussion only to go full circle and return to the good old days of hebephrenia.
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 09:27
    @petewxyz said
    Once again the galaxies of DSM-5 and ICD-11 had become deadlocked. He wondered whether the universe would simply continue to pour more and more resources into the process of endless meetings and discussion only to go full circle and return to the good old days of hebephrenia.
    Very nice!
    That's a quietly clever sentence Pete. πŸ™‚
  13. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 13:54
    "hebephrenia", the doctor pronounced, over the unencrypted zoom teleconference, and i began to plan his disappearance.
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 14:01
    @wolfe63 said
    Very nice!
    That's a quietly clever sentence Pete. πŸ™‚
    Sadly a story that is known too well, but they say the bestsellers are just the same old story recycled! 😁
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 16:18
    He decided to change his name from Nigel Slogget to Nigel Penis. He had to bung the civil registry official a tenner to turn a blind eye but Nigel saw it as an investment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree