1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 23:31
    @torunn said
    From his table at the fashionable Metropol restaurant, Richard had a perfect view of people walking up and down the small street connected to Bayswater Road. For a moment he was captivated by the purposeful walk of a young woman, dressed for a working lunch with a determined look and a smart tailored suit. "A lunch date perhaps", he thought, trying to recall when he last had one.
    My dearest Torunn, this is a "first line" thread, not a "first chapter" πŸ˜‰
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 23:35
    As Roger walked his dog on the beach that fateful day, Bolto suddenly raced up ahead to the lifeless body lying in the sand.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Apr '20 23:37
    June arrived in a Lamborghini and departed in flood of tears.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 00:18
    He awoke on a roundabout in The Maldives ~ naked but for his socks, his face daubed with clumsy makeup ~ and hugging an orange traffic cone with a Hemel Hempstead sticker on it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 00:23
    @FMF
    Where did you get those shiny pointed teeth he asked as she clamped down on his throat to stop the bleeding.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 01:14
    Two discs into the Grateful Dead's 15 CD June 1976 box set, he realized he wanted to listen to the rest of it using Galaxy Buds+™ ~ Samsung's wireless earbuds with 2-way speaker delivering sound by AKG with rich treble and bass, an adaptive 3-mic system for crystal clear calls, and long-lasting battery power ~ and to do so in a sensory deprivation tank having eaten opiated fudge cake.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 02:25
    I struggled for weeks with a first line for my first novel, and in the end I decided to be meta about it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 04:07
    As I put pen to paper I struggle to find the words which will convey the utter sense of happiness which rushes through my being like a torrent of the most wonderful emotional electricity.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 06:23
    My food taster died shortly after the bite of my sausage reached his stomach but that almost certainly meant that the beans and chips were safe.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 09:091 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    My dearest Torunn, this is a "first line" thread, not a "first chapter" πŸ˜‰
    I only wrote the first line and then Pete added the rest, and it continues. Somewhere. πŸ™‚
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 11:013 edits
    That was the moment when I realized Patricia was not my trophy wife after all and that, instead, it was me who was her increasingly superfluous trophy husband who had served his purpose by uniting the fortunes of the Fanshaw and Wilson-Barrett families. The fact this all happened in the context of early twentieth-century Britain, replete with period costumes, vintage cars, and a strikingly televisual stately home with domestic staff speaking with northern accents, makes this story all the more engrossing ~ and potentially lucrative ~ for me to tell.
  12. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 11:18
    @torunn said
    I only wrote the first line and then Pete added the rest, and it continues. Somewhere. πŸ™‚
    Our sentences have alternated so far. Disclaiming responsibility by the third paragraph is a bad sign!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 11:39
    After over an hour, sitting stunned, staring out at the UFO hovering over the hills behind the town, I realized it was - in fact - a speck of bird feces on the window pane.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 13:001 edit
    @petewxyz said
    Our sentences have alternated so far. Disclaiming responsibility by the third paragraph is a bad sign!
    I only referred to the first two - it was written in a hurry, sorry. I didn't give my respons enough time. πŸ™‚ We do it together, but you are much better.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Apr '20 13:12
    I have this insurmountable writer's block . . .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree