RHP Prose Competition 2019 voting thread

RHP Prose Competition 2019 voting thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
30 Jul 19

@kevcvs57 said
Sorry my bad
The dog wasn’t a ghost it was the young couple who were the ghosts constantly reliving their last trip home before being murdered by home invaders.
The dog was purchased by the new owners of the house as well as security tech on hearing the fate of the original owners.
It was really about the dog being able to perceive ghosts plus how figures in this realm mi ...[text shortened]... hen the explanation is half the word count of the story 😊
But thanks for the opportunity Ponderable
Ok so I reread the Story and got some telltale signes, like the prepetition of the beginning in the last Paragraph.

Don't be sad, I just was thinking About the dog as ghost due to the title...

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
30 Jul 19

@torunn said
I voted for the entries that found their way into my heart. It was not a question of good or less good, they were all good.
I wholeheartedly agree that we had very good entries, I hope to have not overstepped the boundaries of politeness here.

If an author feels juged or feels my post has been inappropriate please send me a PM. I am open to delete my remarks.

Read a book!

Moves
30 Jul 19

@ponderable said
I wholeheartedly agree that we had very good entries, I hope to have not overstepped the boundaries of politeness here.

If an author feels juged or feels my post has been inappropriate please send me a PM. I am open to delete my remarks.
There's no need for you to justify anything.. you did a superb job!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Jul 19

@ponderable said

Half the fun old chap is dissecting the stories afterward (constructively, as you've done here).

Gothenburg

Moves
30 Jul 19
1 edit

@ponderable said

Of course you haven't - you did a great job! The reason I mentioned how I voted is that some stories were more difficult for me to understand.

Moves
30 Jul 19

@ponderable said
A fine written piece and a good stab on the history.
The idea of creating doors between realities by a magic drawing I met first in zelzny's Amber cycle. But here it is different and well executed.

And one can get goose bumbles when a Evil Person gets a new personofication.
Thank you for the compliment.

Moves
30 Jul 19

@ponderable said
So here Comes my Feedback for my Winning choice:

Great: we have Horror, social commentary and a good crime Story all baked in one.

Very good selection of short Scenes in all respects. And even though a very complex tale is told About a ghost using an Artist to lead the Police to his own murderers, while having a tale of the relationship between an Artist a a Galeri ...[text shortened]... m the Picture to my vote and being a bit scatterbrained I added the 13 to the Vincent vote as well….
Thank you very much for your comments on my stories, and on the other stories as well!

Moves
03 Aug 19

I would also like to thank @Suzianne for helping me to identify a story that I vaguely remembered ("Gene Wars" by Paul McAuley), which influenced the choppy structure of YMWR.

Also (for those familiar with the Tarot), I added the XIII late in the editing because both major meanings seemed seemed appropriate to the story.