1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 03:28
    Ron deSantis (Governor of Florida) will find himself embroiled in several lawsuits on Constitutional grounds, which will somewhat diminish his chances of being the Republican nominee for President in 2024.
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 04:40
    @booger said
    Leafs win the Cup.

I have spoken!
    Like I said
    Marijuana strains are more potent than ever.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 04:46
    @kevin-eleven said
    Ron deSantis (Governor of Florida) will find himself embroiled in several lawsuits on Constitutional grounds, which will somewhat diminish his chances of being the Republican nominee for President in 2024.
    You mean a democrat witch hunt.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 04:47
    @gambrel said
    Like I said
    Marijuana strains are more potent than ever.
    I must be getting used to it. My tolerance is too high.

No pun intended.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 10:061 edit
    @fmf said
    Sentiment in Scotland will shift in 2023, due to Tory dysfunction and maleficence in London, such that a vote for independence will be more likely the next time the option is put to the vote.
    This to me is a fascinating topic from both economic and ideological standpoints.

Your prediction here has already happened with sentiment within voting eligible Scots shifting from 2014’s 10 point gap in favour of remaining in the UK to a 2 - 4 point gap still in favour of remaining in the UK. However this is reported with “don’t knows” excluded, whereas 2014’s number was the actual election outcome.

The factors impacting Scotland’s decision are even more complex than those impacting the UK’s decision to leave the EU. Economically speaking, opinion is mixed on wether Scotland would be better off, because the outcomes are so variable. Scotland’s oil and gas is predicted to run out/become unviable in a decade or so (without huge investment) and the cross boarder trading dynamic is much more perilous in terms of cost than it was for the UK leaving the EU.

Whilst joining the EU seems attractive to Scottish Europhiles, doing so could make Scotland worse of due to the way Scottish trade is currently divided. I.e. 60% of Scotland’s exports and imports are with the UK which would see an increased of 25% plus in border levies. Also Scotland (and the EU) would have to construct and pay for a hard border between Scotland and England. An economic Hadrian’s Wall maybe.

Ideologically Scotland would become a divided nation, suffering similar divisive strife which the UK experienced during the build up to Brexit. The population of Scotland is approx. 5.4M which is roughly the same as Greater Manchester and North Yorkshire combined, and it is arguable that the challenges that imposes on an ageing population which is statistically one of the most unhealthier in Europe would be immense from a health service perspective. Immigration to support the economy would need to be high and bring with it benefits and further socioeconomic challenges.

Having said that, as a believer in and supporter of national independence I think the Scots should be given an independence vote; as Nicola Sturgeon said “it is a once in a generational opportunity”, and it happened in 2014.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 10:13
    @booger said
    You mean a democrat witch hunt.
    Why is it when Republican leaders become entangled in legal problems of their own making, other Republicans call it a “witch hunt”?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 15:05
    @booger said
    Leafs win the Cup.

I have spoken!
    That isn't a Prediction, that is just wishful thinking, people been saying that since last time they won in 1967. 🙂

-VR
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 17:25
    @divegeester said
    Why is it when Republican leaders become entangled in legal problems of their own making, other Republicans call it a “witch hunt”?
    Too many fake accusations have happened to take them seriously anymore.

The Democrat media and the public know that just spreading a lie will leave almost 50 percent of people believing the lie.
    Many lies have been exposed and the time that went by left the revelation of the lie mute.

Read The boy who cried Wolf.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 17:27
    @very-rusty said
    That isn't a Prediction, that is just wishful thinking, people been saying that since last time they won in 1967. 🙂

-VR
    Who's your team?

I hear Halifax is still trying to get a team.

My team name would be Halifax Storm.

Any ideas on a team name since you live out there?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 17:37
    @booger said
    Who's your team?

I hear Halifax is still trying to get a team.

My team name would be Halifax Storm.

Any ideas on a team name since you live out there?
    Halifax Wanderers – Official site of the Halifaxhttps://hfxwanderersfc.canpl.ca
    A new chapter begins. As we begin the final month of 2022, we're flipping the page to our upcoming season.

-VR
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 17:44
    @Very-Rusty

You don't have a favorite NHL team?
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 17:441 edit
    @booger said
    @Very-Rusty

Habs 👍
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 17:50
    🤬
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 19:15
    @booger said
    @Very-Rusty

Habs since back when there were 6 Teams! 🙂

-VR
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '22 19:22
    Dive and FMF are going to have a serious fallout, and the forums will be balanced again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree