Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said.
Nixon did something behind the scenes to p!ss off a Mister Big... Somewhere.
----------

Another quick example... When Nixon was told that the Repubs in the Senate were not going to back him (why??) in an impeachment, he agreed to resign. But first, nobody wanted VP Spiro Agnew as President, who would assume the post.

So all-of-of-a-sudden, out come the charges ...[text shortened]... Gerald Ford oversaw the Warren Commission, the bogus coverup investigation of the JFK assassination.
Of course Nixon was a Republican, so his Presidency was probably stollen from him.

You guys love alternate truths.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
04 Feb 21

@fmf said
Ali Ansarian, Iranian association football player [not the Gaelic football one].
In fact I have to admit that I have never heard of the guy, in what way was he notable (as opposed to the thousands who happened to die also?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Feb 21

@ponderable said
In fact I have to admit that I have never heard of the guy, in what way was he notable (as opposed to the thousands who happened to die also?
Rather some one was notable would be in the person's characterization of that persons life would it not?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Somebody surer than hell got him. And an intel agent of some kind.
The American people should have been asking, "Why Nixon, why now?"
Because he was guilty as sin?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Wolfe, no offense, but the CIA/FBI is way ahead of the people on such issues. They are quite used to seeing skullduggery by pols and are indifferent, but something unseen triggered this revelation.

Did you ever ask yourself why this had to be done by an unnamed agent as opposed to, letting the people know who is watching out for them? Why the secrecy?

Yes, the p ...[text shortened]... Gerald Ford oversaw the Warren Commission, the bogus coverup investigation of the JFK assassination.
This is the kind of crap that causes Capitol riots after forty years of conspiracy theorists stewing in their own juices. People start thinking the government can't be trusted. It's just another con, only this time it's in their favorite flavor, so they suck it down without a second thought.

F

Moves
05 Feb 21
1 edit

@ponderable said
If he wasn't notable to you and you are not interested in looking him up, so be it.

Edit: or, if that seems a little too brusque, here you go ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Ansarian

In RHP terms, he is notable - perhaps mostly - because there have been hardly any, if any at all, Iranians featured on this thread.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Feb 21

@fmf said
If he wasn't notable to you and you are not interested in looking him up, so be it.

Edit: or, if that seems a little too brusque, here you go ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Ansarian

In RHP terms, he is notable - perhaps mostly - because there have been hardly any, if any at all, Iranians featured on this thread.
I did look him up and did not find anything which would elevate him above the other about 20 death reported in the Wikipedia. The person posting this should know something I don't (in fact I don't read Farsi, otherwise I could have read up on the Iranian sit which probably has much more detail...

F

Moves
05 Feb 21

@ponderable said
I did look him up and did not find anything which would elevate him above the other about 20 death reported in the Wikipedia. The person posting this should know something I don't (in fact I don't read Farsi, otherwise I could have read up on the Iranian sit which probably has much more detail...
So on this thread for people's mentions of "Notable Deaths", you feel they must be deaths that you yourself feel are notable?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Feb 21
1 edit

@fmf said
So on this thread for people's mentions of "Notable Deaths", you feel they must be deaths that you yourself feel are notable?
No. But at least I expect to understand why other feel that they were notable.

Since you posted about him you should at least know for yourself.

And I did note that you tried to evade the matter "notable" by making an ad hominem attack trying to ridicule me for an egocentric. This is not something I like to see anywhere about anybody.

F

Moves
05 Feb 21

@ponderable said
And I did note that you tried to evade the matter "notable" by making an ad hominem attack trying to ridicule me for an egocentric. This is not something I like to see anywhere about anybody.
If, having looked him up, you don't think he was notable, that's OK. If you feel that you are the target of "ridicule", that's a pity.

F

Moves
05 Feb 21
1 edit

@ponderable said
No. But at least I expect to understand why other feel that they were notable.
Iran has been seen as a pariah state for 40 years. Iranians have been dehumanized in the West for 40 years. Why not mark the death of an A-list Iranian celebrity on a thread like this? If he had been an Israeli international soccer player and actor and TV presenter - and all-round A-list celebrity - with similar achievements, he'd probably have been a bit famous in the West. But he's Iranian.

F

Moves
05 Feb 21
2 edits

@ponderable said
And I did note that you tried to evade the matter "notable" by making an ad hominem attack trying to ridicule me for an egocentric.
I haven't said you are "egocentric". That is a word you have introduced into this conversation, not me.

You may be being a wee bit culture-centric - and it's not an "attack" for me to say so - because even after looking him up, you still couldn't empathize with the death of a notable Iranian.

Now I can be culture-centric too, I am sure I am, so don't take my suggestion that you might have been [viz a viz Ali Ansarian] to heart.

If I someday mention an A-list celebrity multi-talented Indonesian on this thread, there will be no need for you to chase after me for it.

If that Indonesian, whoever they may be, is not notable in your culture or to you, so be it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Feb 21

@ponderable said
Do you see yourself as being a validator of sufficient notability for this thread?

The guy in question was an Iranian international footballer, an athlete in fact, who died of Covid-19 at the nothing age of 43. He also has a close relative who is a famous Shia cleric. There a bunch of notability in just those little snippets.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Feb 21

@divegeester said
Do you see yourself as being a validator of sufficient notability for this thread?

The guy in question was an Iranian international footballer, an athlete in fact, who died of Covid-19 at the nothing age of 43. He also has a close relative who is a famous Shia cleric. There a bunch of notability in just those little snippets.
No. But I reserve the right to ask.

F

Moves
05 Feb 21

@ponderable said
No. But I reserve the right to ask.
If, for example, you looked up Cicely Tyson on Wikipedia and saw why she was notable, would you STILL feel the need to ask the person who cited Cicely Tyson's death about why she was notable? You can substitute "Cicely Tyson" with any of the dozens and dozens of other deceased people on this thread you might not have known and about whom you did not ask.