Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
05 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
Any death is "notable", to someone.
The work I do with young people in crisis tends to come to me as variations on a theme, particularly regarding triggers that contribute to suicidal ideation. Over the last two weeks, the theme is grief and loss, and the latest with a young person I met with last evening. The deaths of of others, notable in their lives, although not directly in mine, is reason enough for me to stop and take note as a way to begin the process of supporting them to cope with their grief.

Thank you, Stees, my friend, for pointing this out so succinctly. It reminds me of the eloquent reminder by the poet, John Donne:

“No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
05 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
Any death is "notable", to someone.
Simple truth.

Moves
05 Feb 21

@hakima said
The work I do with young people in crisis tends to come to me as variations on a theme, particularly regarding triggers that contribute to suicidal ideation. Over the last two weeks, the theme is grief and loss, and the latest with a young person I met with last evening. The deaths of of others, notable in their lives, although not directly in mine, is reason enough for me to ...[text shortened]... volved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”
For what you chose to do work wise...no your calling...I truly believe that you could be the model for which others in your field should aspire to. You are all the things someone who is in need needs. Keep it up hakima. A tip of the hat to you.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
05 Feb 21

christopher plummer

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Feb 21

@rookie54 said
christopher plummer
Christopher Plummer
Canadian actor
Arthur Christopher Orme Plummer CC was a Canadian actor whose career spanned seven decades. He gained recognition for his performances in film, television, and theater. Wikipedia
Born: December 13, 1929, Toronto
Died: February 5, 2021
Spouse: Elaine Taylor (m. 1970), Patricia Lewis (m. 1962–1967), Tammy Grimes (m. 1956–1960)
TV shows: Departure, The Thorn Birds, Jesus of Nazareth, MORE

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
05 Feb 21

@rookie54 said
christopher plummer
Great actor!

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
05 Feb 21

@rookie54 said
christopher plummer
No!

😞

c

Moves
05 Feb 21

Christopher Plummer was great in The Sound of Music. Unforgettable!!!!!

Moves
05 Feb 21

@rookie54 said
christopher plummer
Very sad. Did some great films.

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Feb 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

He acted in Knives Out, very good.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
I get red-thumbs all the time, what does that have to do with it?
I'm talking about RHP REMOVING a post. Why?
Because from the same group of people who thumb down your posts are those who alerted it. The mods don’t removed a post unless it’s alerted. Wakey, wakey.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Feb 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
Because from the same group of people who thumb down your posts are those who alerted it. The mods don’t removed a post unless it’s alerted. Wakey, wakey.
Wrong, dude.
a.) automod removes posts, and that is what I think happened here.
b.) Mods will NOT remove an alerted post simply because it was alerted by a nerd.
There has to be an actual violation for removal, and in this case, there was none.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Feb 21
4 edits

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Wrong, dude.
b.) Mods will NOT remove an alerted post simply because it was alerted by a nerd.
There has to be an actual violation for removal, and in this case, there was none.
Auto mod does not “remove” posts, it prevents the post being posted. You get an automated message informing you of this at the moment you try to post.

Auto alert is different, this is where a certain text string is auto-alerted for the human moderators to review.

Gang alerting is when the weak-minded here hate you or your post sufficiently such that they will mass-alert it in a hope that the moderator will see the numbers of alerts as the trigger to remove your post which may or may not also be “auto alerted”.

If your post really truly contained “NO violation” then it is highly likely that it was removed by a moderator due to the number of alerts it contained.

I’ve been here long enough to know how the forum moderation system works. Dude.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Wrong, dude.
In your opinion there was no violation, I don't even know what post you are talking about. I do know just because a bunch of people alerted a post will not get it removed, I am proof of that as I get more alerts than most on here. If it is against the TOS it will be removed. So yours in the Moderators opinion was against the TOS. He or she has the last word on that not any of us who post. I've not always agreed with posts I've had removed either, but then I'd be a little bias on the matter as you are! 😉

-VR