M*A*S*H is unwatchable

M*A*S*H is unwatchable

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
So cross dressing means a man is insane. Nice message, but I did not know you agreed with that message.
Klinger was portrayed as sane. Have you ever read Joseph Heller's Catch 22?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
That is because you are a bozo yourself.
I would say if anyone sounds like a Bozo in this thread sir, it would YOU!!!

Trust me it isn't that people don't like Teachers it is you I believe they don't like!

-VR

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

If there was a 2020 sitcom about someone drafted into the US Army wanting to get discharged with a section 8 without being prosecuted by a military court, what kind of things would the draftee try? A sitcom, remember.

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@FMF

Cool, you support classifying cross dressing as a mental disorder.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
@FMF

I'd ask you if you had a mental disorder but that would rude! 😛 😉

-VR

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
"Support" it?

Where did you get that idea from?

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
So you have no problem with cross dressing being accepted as a mental disorder?
But I don't accept it as a "mental disorder".

Nor am I the US Army in Korea.

And I am not "appalled" by the Klinger plotline in M*A*S*H.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Mar 20

@fmf said
"Support" it?

Where did you get that idea from?
It is quite obvious he doesn't understand what you're talking about.

-VR

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@Very-Rusty

Sure I do. He just likes to live in a pretend land and claim that it is reality.

He can do that but it just makes him a Bozo, impossible to have a useful discussion.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
@Very-Rusty

Sure I do. He just likes to live in a pretend land and claim that it is reality.

He can do that but it just makes him a Bozo, impossible to have a useful discussion.
"Pretend"? What is it you believe I am pretending to do or think?

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

A useful history lesson

First published in 1968, DSM-II (the second edition of the American classiifcation of mental disorders) listed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In this, the DSM followed in a long tradition in medicine and psychiatry, which in the 19th century appropriated homosexuality from the Church and, in an élan of enlightenment, promoted it from sin to mental disorder.

In 1973, the American PsychiatricAssociation (APA) asked all members attending its convention to vote on whether they believed homosexuality to be a mental disorder. 5,854 psychiatrists voted to remove homosexuality from the DSM, and 3,810 to retain it.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
A useful history lesson

First published in 1968, DSM-II (the second edition of the American classiifcation of mental disorders) listed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In this, the DSM followed in a long tradition in medicine and psychiatry, which in the 19th century appropriated homosexuality from the Church and, in an élan of enlightenment, promoted it from sin to ment ...[text shortened]... al disorder. 5,854 psychiatrists voted to remove homosexuality from the DSM, and 3,810 to retain it.
What's the "homosexuality" angle in M*A*S*H?

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@FMF

Here is more

Section 8 discharge was often given to homosexuals, bisexuals, cross-dressers and transgender people as they were deemed mentally unfit to serve in the military. A Section 8 discharge often made it difficult for people to find work in civilian life and did not allow veterans benefits.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
@FMF

Here is more

Section 8 discharge was often given to homosexuals, bisexuals, cross-dressers and transgender people as they were deemed mentally unfit to serve in the military. A Section 8 discharge often made it difficult for people to find work in civilian life and did not allow veterans benefits.
So what?

This is nothing new.

E

Moves
24 Mar 20
1 edit

@FMF

So you support watching shows that promotes the idea that cross dressers are unfit to serve in the military.