M*A*S*H is unwatchable

M*A*S*H is unwatchable

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
I am pointing out the hypocrites who watch this show but would be appalled if such a show were to be made today.
What would be the reason for a TV producer [with your outlook on life] to try to make a show with the 1970s Klinger plotline now in a 2020 sitcom?

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
Yes, Klinger was portrayed as a heterosexual male who is pretending to be a cross dresser as a way to get out of the Army.

Klinger was a normal male, looking to get classified as having a mental disorder by dressing as if he were a cross dresser.
So what?

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@fmf said
So what?
So you have no problem with cross dressing being accepted as a mental disorder?

Yes or no?

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said

Yes or no?
But I don't accept it as a "mental disorder". Nor am I the US Army in Korea. And I am not "appalled" by the Klinger plotline in M*A*S*H. I watched all 11 series [if I've got that right] over again about 8 years ago.

E

Moves
24 Mar 20
1 edit

@fmf said
But I don't accept it as a "mental disorder". Nor am I the US Army in Korea. And I am not "appalled" by the Klinger plotline in M*A*S*H. I watched all 11 series [if I've got that right] over again about 8 years ago.
You obviously do not understand what a section 8 is.

1 series, many seasons

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
Klinger didn't want to serve in Korea and wanted to be sent home and he tried to achieve that by cross dressing because he thought the US Army would declare him insane and discharge him. What's the problem with that plotline?

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
You obviously do not understand what a section 8 is.

1 series, many seasons
Of course I do. How could anyone understand what Klinger was doing in the show without understanding that he was trying to get the army to declare him insane?

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
1 series, many seasons
One series of what?

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@fmf said
Klinger didn't want to serve in Korea and wanted to be sent home and he tried to achieve that by cross dressing because he thought the US Army would declare him insane and discharge him. What's the problem with that plotline?
So cross dressing means a man is insane. Nice message, but I did not know you agreed with that message.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
You are being a bozo.
I don't think I am. I think I am addressing this topic with more insight and integrity than you.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
So cross dressing means a man is insane. Nice message, but I did not know you agreed with that message.
Klinger hoped the US Army would declare him insane for cross dressing and send him home.

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@FMF

Ok bozo

Thanks for nothing

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Mar 20

@fmf said
Klinger was portrayed as completely sane. You don't seem to understand the kind of satire M*A*S*H purveyed, despite claiming that you watched it.

Why are you dodging all the questions and attempts to discuss the discuss why the plotline would no longer work?
Quite possible he watched it and didn't understand it.

As you can see he dodges questions he is asked on here.

He talks about arguing for the sake of arguing which is exactly what I believe he is guilty of.

-VR

E

Moves
24 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
Quite possible he watched it and didn't understand it.

As you can see he dodges questions he is asked on here.

He talks about arguing for the sake of arguing which is exactly what I believe he is guilty of.

-VR
That is because you are a bozo yourself.

F

Moves
24 Mar 20

@eladar said
@FMF

Ok bozo

Thanks for nothing
Do you ever find the show unwatchable with canned laughter? In the UK they had the option of turning it off, which they did.