Great way to slim FAST!

Great way to slim FAST!

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Tee hee, thats strange i see myself more as a happy go lucky type of fellow. 😵
And your favourite slimming idea?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I agree that the OP is benign. As for the thumbs, I am not concerned by the ones I got for my post about Food Combining.

Do you have a favourite slimming idea that you know or think works?
Yes vegan food and exercise. Dairy carries with it a lot of fat, get rid of that. I have a policy that i do not eat anything out with the home, thus I only eat home prepared food and drink.

Moves
04 Feb 16

Am wary to contribute to this thread (87 thumbs down would severely impact on my self-esteem and quality of life) but slimming 'fast' is never a good idea. Just burn off more calories than you consume on a daily basis to maintain, or return to, a healthy weight.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
There goes yet another thread.
Yes, "yet another" [ill conceived] "thread". Sad but true.

F

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
What is wrong with it? Why won't you say? The OP simply could not have been more good-humoured and harmless on a topic that interests so many people.

F

Moves
04 Feb 16
1 edit

Endless threads on things like mental illnesses and psychological problems [that might supposedly explain why some people disappoint him and criticize him for his forum behaviour... how many such threads were in 2015? I lost count], and umpteen clumsy and sometimes ignorant posts on suicide [even to the point asking for posters to self-diagnose if they might be a suicide risk]... and Grampy Bobby thinks a light-hearted thread on slimming is "ill conceived"? 😕

rc

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
I find kewpie to be one of the compelling and informative contributors here.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 16

We agree.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Feb 16

Well the 'chick' has certainly got your 'card marked' 'fatso'.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Well the 'chick' has certainly got your 'card marked' 'fatso'.
Yes clearly she is too awesome for a mere mortal like me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 16
2 edits

“Of all the dangerous ideas that health officials could have embraced while trying to understand why we get fat, they would have been hard-pressed to find one ultimately more damaging than calories-in/calories-out. That it reinforces what appears to be so obvious - obesity as the penalty for gluttony and sloth - is what makes it so alluring. But it's misleading and misconceived on so many levels that it's hard to imagine how it survived unscathed and virtually unchallenged for the last fifty years.

It has done incalculable harm. Not only is this thinking at least partly responsible for the ever-growing numbers of obese and overweight in the world - while directing attention away from the real reasons we get fat - but it has served to reinforce the perception that those who get fat have no one to blame but themselves. That eating less invariably fails as a cure for obesity is rarely perceived as the single most important reason to make us question our assumptions, as Hilde Bruch suggested half a century ago. Rather, it is taken as still more evidence that the overweight and obese are incapable of following a diet and eating in moderation. And it put the blame for their physical condition squarely on their behavior, which couldn't be further from the truth.”
―Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It

l

Moves
04 Feb 16

May I just ask: why the hurry to lose weight? It normally takes some time to put on weight. Why not give yourself the same amount of time to get rid of those extra pounds/kilos?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Feb 16

Yes clearly she is too awesome for a mere mortal like me.
Kewpie is one of the most respected members of this community. She is a genuine and committed supporter of the site, in more ways than just starting boring threads and greasing Russ with sycophantic platitudes. Kewpie is also an excellent club leader and good friend to many of her club members. She contributes to site development through inputting to Beta testing and offering excellent feedback. She is welcoming to new members and accommodating to the old guard and our funny ways. She is a measured and principled contributor to this and the private forums. Her word is concrete and she is honest and reliable. Her stated opinion of you is spot on and I wholeheartedly agree with her.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Kewpie is one of the most respected members of this community. She is a genuine and committed supporter of the site, in more ways than just starting boring threads and greasing Russ with sycophantic platitudes. Kewpie is also an excellent club leader and good friend to many of her club members. She contributes to site development through inputting to Bet ...[text shortened]... honest and reliable. Her stated opinion of you is spot on and I wholeheartedly agree with her.
Yes I also think she is awesome and one of the most compelling and insightful contributors here. Its easy to see why you resonate with her, you being of a similar disposition.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 16

Originally posted by lolof
May I just ask: why the hurry to lose weight? It normally takes some time to put on weight. Why not give yourself the same amount of time to get rid of those extra pounds/kilos?
Thanks, lolof. Two ladies here are faced with this unfortunate medical issue/genetic challenge.