1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 06:23
    1. On the first date, the man deliberately mispronounces a word repeatedly and waits to see if the woman says something about it. If she does, he makes an excuse and leaves. No way is he going to get involved with a woman who's going to correct him.

* This is a story I heard about a prominent politician in the U.S.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 06:291 edit
    2. The host invites three people out on the same date and they all sit at a table as a foursome. The host then sits back and watches the three dates interact in their efforts to curry favour with him or her. When he or she has made a decision, the host tells two of them to go home.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 08:33
    @fmf said
    2. The host invites three people out on the same date and they all sit at a table as a foursome. The host then sits back and watches the three dates interact in their efforts to curry favour with him or her. When he or she has made a decision, the host tells two of them to go home.
    I would suspect in this scenario that the 'host' would be eating alone as soon as the other 3 realized what was happening.

People like to feel special you see.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 08:34
    @fmf said
    1. On the first date, the man deliberately mispronounces a word repeatedly and waits to see if the woman says something about it. If she does, he makes an excuse and leaves. No way is he going to get involved with a woman who's going to correct him.

* This is a story I heard about a prominent politician in the U.S.
    Some men are pussies who don't like to be challenged by a woman.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 09:05
    @a-unique-nickname said
    I would suspect in this scenario that the 'host' would be eating alone as soon as the other 3 realized what was happening.

He could emphasize that a shag was in the offing for one of them.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 09:06
    @a-unique-nickname said
    Some men are pussies who don't like to be challenged by a woman.
    I wonder if he has the makings of a good president.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 09:10
    3. Invite several candidates at 15-minute intervals throughout the evening and explain that the rules of Speed Dating will be in force; phone numbers will only be exchanged with those who seem like a fairly safe bet.
  8. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 11:31
    @fmf said

Some may not be impressed by the chance to obtain a carpet with a long pile, some coarse cut tobacco or a goose sized bird.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:14
    @fmf said
    You’ve not dated in while then?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:18
    @the-gravedigger said
    Some may not be impressed by the chance to obtain a carpet with a long pile, some coarse cut tobacco or a goose sized bird.
    I see what you did there.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:21
    @the-gravedigger said
    4. "Now, darling, when I say a shag is in the offing, I do NOT mean a carpet with a long pile, some coarse-cut tobacco, or a goose-sized bird."

The Gravedigger Gambit.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:22
    @divegeester said
    You’ve not dated in while then?
    I've been swiping right a lot, does that count?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:24
    @fmf said
    I see what you did there.
    It was kind of double-edged.

Edge 1. proposing that a man on a first date with three women and offering the best conversationalist a “shag” demonstrates a lack of understanding of the female libido.

Edge 2. if it was you offering the shag it might be a short evening, for you that is.

Double edged, cutting both ways, scissoring blades.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:24
    Scissoring.

Hmm.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:26
    @fmf said
    I've been swiping right a lot, does that count?
    Is this a Tinder reference?

I never used the app.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree