debate team

debate team

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Yes goad does talk down to people. Even said he is superior don't you follow the forums?

You're a hypocrite same as him talking about other people name calling where you do the same thing. I am not name calling being truthful.

I deserve as much respect as anyone else in the forums.

She certainly doesn't need any help with you Suzie Q, we both know that!

-VR
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
rusty thinks he deserves it
why?
I say a cow pattie deserves it more

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20
2 edits

@lemondrop said
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
rusty thinks he deserves it
why?
I say a cow pattie deserves it more
LOL@ lemon....you sound like a child in the school yard to me everytime you talk like that! You sound like your talking to the other children in the school yard about me while I am there. πŸ˜‰

You really need to come up with some new stuff!!!

Are you ever going to grow up? πŸ˜›

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
LOL@ lemon....you sound like a child in the school yard to be everytime you talk like that!

Are you ever going to grow up? πŸ˜›

-VR
absolutely not
you?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@lemondrop said
absolutely not
you?
I think I like jerking chains too much for that. πŸ˜‰

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
12 Jun 20

A: Hello, is this "debates"?

B: No, you stupid, smelly bag of oil rags. This is "insults". "debates" is two doors down on the left.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@earl-of-trumps said
A: Hello, is this "debates"?

B: No, you stupid, smelly bag of oil rags. This is "insults". "debates" is two doors down on the left.
Is it time to laugh now or is there a punch line coming? πŸ˜‰

-VR

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
I think I like jerking chains too much for that. πŸ˜‰

-VR
Careful, Rusty

Rumour is that makes you go blind

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Is it time to laugh now or is there a punch line coming? πŸ˜‰

-VR
I rest my case

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@lemondrop said
I rest my case
As if you had one to begin with! πŸ˜›

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
12 Jun 20

@suzianne said
"Semi-intelligent"?

What's wrong with you?
I was referring to the duchess not Torunn

Read a book!

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

Name-calling and ad hominem attacks in the Debates Forum are not always limited to an individual target. Duchess64 has claimed that all or most white men in the U.S. are racists and Earl of Trumps has alleged that all Democrats are criminals. These broad-brush accusations usually generate more heat than light.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
The tactic I believe is to get under your skin which obviously does work! πŸ˜‰ You have to pay closer attention to the part after you are called a racist troll!

-VR
That would be very poor debating.

In Germany it is called "Auerhahn-Effekt". If you challenge someone emotionally (e.g. by calling names or by stating something completely ridiculous, you lose what ever you want to add in substance. This tactic is only recommeded if you have in fact near to nothing of substance…

Edit: Of course a lot of posters observed that before...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Name-calling and ad hominem attacks in the Debates Forum are not always limited to an individual target. Duchess64 has claimed that all or most white men in the U.S. are racists and Earl of Trumps has alleged that all Democrats are criminals. These broad-brush accusations usually generate more heat than light.
The name calling on this site is legendary.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
So who would you have on team moonbus?

Friends on here?

-VR
My debate all-star team (in no particular order) would be:

TWhitehead: a mind as logical as Mr. Spock's (hasn't moved in three years, no recent forum posts; too bad, I miss his repartee).

No1Marauder: well-organized, carefully researches and fact-checks, has the patience to make and follow a complex argument.

mghrn55: cuts through BS like a hot knife thru butter, often delivers a terse and devastatingly pithy rebuttal in forum debates.

GoaD: has the eloquence of Bevan (who delivered a justly famous speech in the House which took down Eden's government: "weapons for squalid and trivial ends . . . " ); not surprising he has won or placed in the prose contest so many times.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
13 Jun 20

@moonbus said
My debate all-star team (in no particular order) would be:

TWhitehead: a mind as logical as Mr. Spock's (hasn't moved in three years, no recent forum posts; too bad, I miss his repartee).

No1Marauder: well-organized, carefully researches and fact-checks, has the patience to make and follow a complex argument.

mghrn55: cuts through BS like a ...[text shortened]... and trivial ends . . . " ); not surprising he has won or placed in the prose contest so many times.
a very formidable team