debate team

debate team

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
13 Jun 20

@moonbus said
My debate all-star team (in no particular order) would be:

TWhitehead: a mind as logical as Mr. Spock's (hasn't moved in three years, no recent forum posts; too bad, I miss his repartee).

No1Marauder: well-organized, carefully researches and fact-checks, has the patience to make and follow a complex argument.

mghrn55: cuts through BS like a ...[text shortened]... and trivial ends . . . " ); not surprising he has won or placed in the prose contest so many times.
Gotta throw DeepThought into the mix. My opinion

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

@lemondrop said
a very formidable team
I am sure they could carry you lemon! πŸ˜‰

I'd replace you with 'shortcircuit'!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Sounds like a good team to me.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Name-calling and ad hominem attacks in the Debates Forum are not always limited to an individual target. Duchess64 has claimed that all or most white men in the U.S. are racists and Earl of Trumps has alleged that all Democrats are criminals. These broad-brush accusations usually generate more heat than light.
Have you noted name-calling no matter what the situation or even what the topic is about will attract a lot of attention? I haven't seen it fail the more controversy the more participation.

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Jun 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I should leave the other team a chance, otherwise it's no contest.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

@moonbus said
I should leave the other team a chance, otherwise it's no contest.
There could probably be two teams actually.

Might be interesting, maybe choose a Topic and then the two teams debate it. Afterwards we could have a poll on who won the debate.

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
13 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Have you noted name-calling no matter what the situation or even what the topic is about will attract a lot of attention? I haven't seen it fail the more controversy the more participation.
Then it becomes a circus instead of a debate.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Then it becomes a circus instead of a debate.
I think you would be a pretty good debater Andy.

What is wrong with having two teams debating a subject everyone would agree on.

Of course the teams would have to be picked first.

-VR

Moves
13 Jun 20

Shavixmir would be my vote. The perfect mix of common sense and exasperated abuse.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Jun 20

@neilarini said
Shavixmir would be my vote. The perfect mix of common sense and exasperated abuse.
Retard!

LOL

Moves
14 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

VR: "I deserve as much respect as anyone else in the forums."

Also VR: "I am not really a fan of anyone, there are those I have respect for."

So, do you respect everyone in the forums, or only some of the people, despite everyone deserving respect? πŸ˜‰

Moves
14 Jun 20

@caesar-salad said
@Very-Rusty

So, do you respect everyone in the forums, or only some of the people, despite everyone deserving respect? πŸ˜‰
Very Rusty feels that he's earned his right to idiocy through tenure.
Thus he feels no responsibility to provide quality content. His role here is as Jester to the Duke and Duchess' court.

Poor Duke!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jun 20

@caesar-salad said
@Very-Rusty

I respect those who I think deserve respect, no not everyone deserves respect. That is the way the world works! You don't give it you don't get it!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jun 20
1 edit

@wolfe63 said
Very Rusty feels that he's earned his right to idiocy through tenure.
Thus he feels no responsibility to provide quality content. His role here is as Jester to the Duke and Duchess' court.

Poor Duke!
goad is a coward who puts people on the GB away script, and sends P.M.'s then puts the person on ignore so they can't answer his rude comment! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ Providing of course he even has me on the GB script and is just faking it! πŸ˜‰

-VR

rain

Moves
14 Jun 20
2 edits

@lemondrop said
if you were forming a debate team
who would be your first choice
Duchess64
Ghost of a Duke
Susianne
divegeester
Very Rusty
someone else
If we're talking about a team, as in working together toward a point and not just a collection of independent posters, I think Zahlanzi and No1maurder would make a great duo. No1 for all the reasons already mentioned, and Zahlanzi who's very sharp and has wit behind his posts. Those two working together would be pretty formidable.

Shavixmir is underrated, mostly because he jokes around a lot. But when he's serious and staying on topic, he's very intelligent, thoughtful and makes great points.

Ashtaka (RHP won't let me spell correctly it due to a profanity in his user name) is a great debater as well. He doesn't post as much, so his skills don't a chance to shine as often.

Kazetnagora is a great debater as well.