debate team

debate team

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
How so?
How so what Andy?,finish your thought!

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
How so what Andy?,finish your thought!

-VR
How have things changed "big time" in recent years?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@handyandy said
How have things changed "big time" in recent years?
I didn't say recent years? Where did you get that from?

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Just admit you can't win a debate with her.

She really doesn't want anyone's help Suzie Q.

goad also talks to people like they are inferior to him. I don't hear/see you say anything about that.

I personally like that she stands on her own two feet and not behind anyone.

Or put anyone on the GBaway script like some people do, I wont mention any names but we bot ...[text shortened]... oticed but you don't talk to people you don't like very nicely either! MR Buttinski....LOL...

-VR
One cannot win a debate against her because one cannot have a debate with her. Whenever she is outboxed by a better argument or contradicted by factual evidence, she responds by name calling. But instead of calling her interlocutors morons (actually a term of endearment over in the Clans forum), she calls them racists and/or sexists. This allows her to imagine that, having been driven off the logical field of debate, she has seized the moral high ground. It fails, of course; argument ad hominem is a logical fallacy. She routinely employs it when cornered. Not a sound debating method and certainly not a member of my dream team.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@moonbus said
Not a sound debating method and certainly not a member of my dream team.
So who would you have on team moonbus?

Friends on here?

-VR

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@moonbus said
One cannot win a debate against her because one cannot have a debate with her. Whenever she is outboxed by a better argument or contradicted by factual evidence, she responds by name calling. But instead of calling her interlocutors morons (actually a term of endearment over in the Clans forum), she calls them racists and/or sexists. This allows her to imagine that, h ...[text shortened]... y employs it when cornered. Not a sound debating method and certainly not a member of my dream team.
Yes, moonbus.

Also, when 'painted into a corner' (out argued, or pulled up for an erroneous post by her/his self), D64 adapts the well known, but hardly strong, debating stance of 'putting the head in the sand and hoping the nasty man goes away', ie, totally ignoring all questions relating to their error.

There have been several occasions when I have been countered by this 'debating' method by D64.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@blood-on-the-tracks said
Yes, moonbus.

Also, when 'painted into a corner' (out argued, or pulled up for an erroneous post by her/his self), D64 adapts the well known, but hardly strong, debating stance of 'putting the head in the sand and hoping the nasty man goes away', ie, totally ignoring all questions relating to their error.

There have been several occasions when I have been countered by this 'debating' method by D64.
So bott isn't a big fan either!

-VR

Moves
12 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

Well, D64 certainly wouldn't be on my strongest debating team from this site.

Feel free to point out where my post above is inaccurate.

I have several examples that I can point any interested readers to.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
So who would you have on team moonbus?

Friends on here?

-VR
It’s gone midnight here. I’ll sleep on it and get back to you with candidates tomorrow. G’night.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@moonbus said
It’s gone midnight here. I’ll sleep on it and get back to you with candidates tomorrow. G’night.
Only 7:30 p.m. here, sweet dreams!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

Well, D64 certainly wouldn't be on my strongest debating team from this site.

Feel free to point out where my post above is inaccurate.

I have several examples that I can point any interested readers to.
I just said you weren't a big fan either.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Just admit you can't win a debate with her.

She really doesn't want anyone's help Suzie Q.

goad also talks to people like they are inferior to him. I don't hear/see you say anything about that.

I personally like that she stands on her own two feet and not behind anyone.

Or put anyone on the GBaway script like some people do, I wont mention any names but we bot ...[text shortened]... oticed but you don't talk to people you don't like very nicely either! MR Buttinski....LOL...

-VR
One, I didn't say she needed help.

Two, the Ghost does not talk down to people unless, like her, they are overly aggressive, or like you, they are overly stupid.

Hey, I wasn't rude to you by calling you Mr. Buttinski, that was more respectful and factual than you deserve.

Moves
12 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

Sorry, Rusty. I had you as a supporter of D64 from scan reading the thread.

Apologies

You are correct. Another who is not a fan!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20
1 edit

@suzianne said
One, I didn't say she needed help.

Two, the Ghost does not talk down to people unless, like her, they are overly aggressive, or like you, they are overly stupid.

Hey, I wasn't rude to you by calling you Mr. Buttinski, that was more respectful and factual than you deserve.
Yes goad does talk down to people. Even said he is superior don't you follow the forums?

You're a hypocrite same as him talking about other people name calling where you do the same thing. I am not name calling being truthful.

I deserve as much respect as anyone else in the forums.

She certainly doesn't need any help with you Suzie Q, we both know that!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

Sorry, Rusty. I had you as a supporter of D64 from scan reading the thread.

Apologies

You are correct. Another who is not a fan!
OH I do appreciate how she stands up for herself.

I am not really a fan of anyone, there are those I have respect for. I believe there is a difference there.

-VR