Alcohol

Alcohol

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Jul 21
2 edits

@very-rusty said
Some care some don't care. I have experience, you don't, I've been through it, you haven't. I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you.
You would have probably "hung with" me and the people I know here just once if your personality in real life is anything like it portrays itself on this message board. There would most likely be no second invite.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 21
1 edit

@fmf said
You would have probably "hung with" me and the people I know here just once if your personality in real life is anything like it portrays itself on this message board. There would most likely be no second invite.
Finally! Something we can agree on! If you think you portray yourself in a good way, you should think a little more on that one.

-VR

Moves
22 Jul 21

@fmf said
Sometimes the people you would never expect to befriend turn out to become good friends.

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
Finally! Something we can agree on!
The people I know can handle their booze and I am not interested in spending time with alcoholics.

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@great-big-stees said
Sometimes the people you would never expect to befriend turn out to become good friends.
A fair few people one meets online turn out to be either just pretending or their brand of "friendship" turns out to be worthless.

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
If you think you portray yourself in a good way, you should think a little more on that one.
Thanks for your advice.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 21

@fmf said
Thanks for your advice.
Your quite welcome and I had been talking to another poster not you.

You answered what I said to another poster not you FYI!

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Who cares what you like or what you have been through. Do you notice you only talk about yourself? Your problems with alcohol, is yours. Keep it to yourself. Those who enjoy a drink and can drink responsibly are miles ahead of you.

And NO .. we would never have been friends and hanging out together. I know your type. One drunk episode and you get one warning and then you ...[text shortened]... be in my group and you would not have gotten the privilege of hanging out with guys like me. Sorry.
You are completely missing the point I QUIT DRINKING IN 1992.

If my issues can help just one person, then I have succeeded in doing something worth while.

-VR

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
.You answered what I said to another poster not you FYI!
You said to Rajk999: "I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you." I am a guy, in many ways, like Rajk999. He's certainly a poster I'd enjoy a drink with despite our many differences.

Moves
22 Jul 21

@fmf said
A fair few people one meets online turn out to be either just pretending or their brand of "friendship" turns out to be worthless.
“Buyer beware”, I guess.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 21
1 edit

@fmf said
You said to Rajk999: "I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you." I am a guy, in many ways, like Rajk999. He's certainly a poster I'd enjoy a drink with despite our many differences.
Correct and do YOU hang in Rajk999 circle of friends in the real world?

-VR

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
You are completely missing the point I QUIT DRINKING IN 1992.
When you said: "I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you" presumably you were referring to 1985-1992.

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@great-big-stees said
“Buyer beware”, I guess.
Once bitten - with certain people - there is no twice bitten.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 21
1 edit

@fmf said
When you said: "I most likely in my drinking days would have hung with guys like you" presumably you were referring to 1985-1992.
Actually that was the period of time I was trying to quit. At least you got it partly correct.

Again did you hang in his circle of friends? You failed to answer that all important question.

-VR

F

Moves
22 Jul 21

@very-rusty said
Correct and do YOU hang in Rajk999 circle of friends in the real world?
I have one or two "Rajk999s" in my social circles. Haha. Rajk999, the genuine article, lives about 220° west of me unfortunately.